Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would appreciate your opinions on these plums **warning**

+7
Catsknickers
Honey61
Sixer
FudgesMummy
Lynda
Tracyuk
buddabun
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would appreciate your opinions on these plums **warning** - Page 2 Empty Re: Would appreciate your opinions on these plums **warning**

Post by Catsknickers Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:59 pm

How are they now sweetie xxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Would appreciate your opinions on these plums **warning** - Page 2 Empty Re: Would appreciate your opinions on these plums **warning**

Post by buddabun Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:41 am

Well they all seem fine. Dom is outside so have not had a chance to check his plums today. Ditto Hazel. Will let you know when I've managed to get em!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 am

Here's hoping they all heal up OK.
Blimey, what an epic Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Yet again I have had another manic day so haven't managed to get the bunnies to the vet. We are sponsoring people from Sunday and have been running around like mad trying to get them all kitted out...

I think Hazel may have a problem, the lump seems to have grown since yesterday so I am planning to take her in tomorrow morning first thing. Although I suppose the bloke will just say "It's normal" and leave it at that but I am not leaving unsatisfied.

Dom seems fine but I shall take him along as well. The plums are shrinking every day so I am counting myself lucky he isn't in any pain or infected etc. I think they will just heal and that's that.

I have to admit I am so annoyed at the way this has turned out but getting angry will solve nothing. Bob is going to need doing soon as he now has a scrotum (but no plums inside) and will soon have to have his own trip to the butcher/vets...

Thanks for all your support guys. I am at a loose end and kind of worried that Hazel will get some huge infection and die on me. She seems fine in herself but she definitely has something squishy under the skin there - either swelling or internal discharge Hmmm

Bloody country No
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:28 pm

I am so sorry that this is turning into somewhat of a nightmare for you.

Still sending vibes for Hazel xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Poor Hazel. I really hope its not a herniated spay.
Lots of vibes for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:20 pm

me too!!!

I am really hoping it's something simple Hmmm Feel awful bless her Sad
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:38 pm

oh no! just read through all of this, poor buns!

i hope they are all feeling well soon!

x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Bunny hugs to all with sore bits! Carlton would share his bunny biscuits with you but you are too far away!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlights Rabbit Rescue Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:48 am

Oh no Sad

Just read all this.

How awful to not be able to trust a vet Shocked

Hope they are doing well xx
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.freewebs.com/starlightsrabbitrescue

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:13 pm

Today the lump is hardened and has grown since yesterday.

we have finally managed to get to the vet (appointments are apparently scarce when they do sod all all day No) who has had a good feel and reckons it is muscular swelling.

he has given her some pills to be dissolved in water and administered twice daily an anti inflammatory injection (on my request, he just wanted to leave the pills to me) and we are going back tomorrow afternoon.

poor Hazel was so well behaved Sad

I took Dom along too and the guys says that the bright red bits were the scrotal skin and that it is healing nicely. They too are rather hard but they seem to be healthy enough and don't bother him as far as I can tell.

I really hope it is just muscular swelling and not an infection. I know rabbit pus is very thick - does it feel hard if under the skin? I have never felt an abscess... Suspect
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:18 pm

Oh Helen,
What a worry for you.
I would have thought that if there was an active infection the area would be tender/painful for Hazel and I also would have thought the vet would be able to detect a hernia. Still sending loads of vibes for Hazel and so hoping the swelling goes down.
Thinking of you Helen,
Vanessa xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:53 am

thanks vanessa. i must admit i am a little concerned although he did spend a good 3 or 4 minutes palpating the area... better than last time where he just took a look at dom's balls and made the decision then and there Hmmm
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:55 am

I am wondering if your vet took advantage of having four, obviously rarer, operations to perform as a opportunity to test out different techniques.....a learning venture. Hmmm
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:05 pm

pale christ I hope not...

bob is yet to be done... I am terrified to take him there.

at least (fingers crossed, touch wood, kiss lucky rabbit's foot (all 16 of them :luv:), cross self) none of them have died.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:04 pm

how are the bunsters doing after the vet ordeal?
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 am

fine. the vet reckons the swelling should continue to subside now the anti-inflams have started off the reduction and all should be well.

The boys are back to normal and Hazel's lump seems to be slowly disappearing. I am keeping a close eye on her however!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:25 pm

great news on their improvements Very Happy hope the lump continues to disappear for hazel x

big hugs
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 pm

thanks, so do I Smile

I can't help feeling I've dodged a couple of bullets with this lot pale
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:36 pm

but you've dodged them! not as though you've been got by them!
love and patience sees it through once again!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:51 am

fingers crossed that it doesnt happen when I have Bob done. I don't really have a choice!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:24 am

Can you not explain that Stu healed better and seemed better than Dom and you would prefer the same technique etc?

Given that you are the client and buying for it, surely you should have some say in how it is done?

Well you know we are all here for you babes, same goes for if you need anything sent BFPO like bunny bits or fave biscuits etc..I spent 6months last year sending stuff to Afghan and guess what...we face another 6months doing the same again this year! Everyting from socks to Christmas trees etc!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2