Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS

+21
Vegan_bunny
paullp
marleyNfriends
Sixer
gentl
JoeyBunsMum
Rachel&Nibbler
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
Zo
FluffSlave
icedancer
thezookeeper
Amelia66
NickieM
Dotdot
KatieB
Thumper2001
fiver
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
25 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS  - Page 5 Empty Re: Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42 am

Oh god Maysie Crying or Very sad I am speechless and so so sorry.

Hugs Hugs Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS  - Page 5 Empty Re: Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 am

Oh no, oh no. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

There is nothing I can say, this is just so awful, sad and unfair.

Thinking of you and Mike Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 pm

So sorry to hear this Maysie. Lucy Rose was so special to all of us here who were around when she was rescued. We know she was never going to be in the best of health but this is still a huge shock. Try and take comfort that you gave her a wonderful home and I think none of us are in any doubt that Lucy Rose adored you as much as you did her. Loads of vibes to you and Mike. Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:So sorry to hear this Maysie. Lucy Rose was so special to all of us here who were around when she was rescued. We know she was never going to be in the best of health but this is still a huge shock. Try and take comfort that you gave her a wonderful home and I think none of us are in any doubt that Lucy Rose adored you as much as you did her. Loads of vibes to you and Mike. Hugs
Thumbs Up

Maysie, she never would have made it this far without you, Mike and Sophia. You all did an amazing thing for Lucy Rose.

Sophia, if you're reading this, I'm thinking of you too. I hope you're ok Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Why is life so cruel? pale

Maysie, I have just seen this. I have no words. What is wrong with life? You do not deserve any of this. None of it at all! Sad

You and Mike are the two most amazing people I know. You are a role model to me and I know so many other people, too. You do wonderful things for bunnies. You did a wonderful thing for Lucy Rose, and I know she will never forget the paradise she lived in as a Tuckerbunny Hugs

You gave her the best memories, and she is up there now, with Pepsi and Faith and all of the other bridge bunnies, watching down on you. She is not suffering any more, Maysie Hugs

I am utterly speechless. These are for you Hugs Hugs Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 pm

We just want to Thank everyone for the lovely messages of support and emails and pm's we are just overwhelmed with just how many messages we have had .

Lucy Rose started panting in the early hours of this morning and she had very severe diarreah. Mike dashed her down to the Emergency vet's and they said she had yet another blockage Crying or Very sad

We had two options they could open her up again and remove the blockage but they couldn’t guarantee she would make the Op and if she did they couldn't rule out that in a few day's time that she wouldn't be ill again or we could have her pts. I didn't go to the vet's as I was in such a state but Mike rang me with the options and we spent the most saddest of phone call's deciding what to do what was best for Lucy Rose. Taking into consideration her age, and what the vet said and the fact she was in considerable pain with her tummy we thought it kinder to let her go. We hope you all agree we chose the best option. Although she was eating it was clear to see she was poorly still and she had lost a great amount of weight.

I had some of the best kisses off her yesterday and snuggles and I had a feeling she was saying goodbye because she knew.
Three oclock in the afternoon will never be the same as that was the time she came in the kitchen for her carrot cruncher.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Oh, Maysie Hugs Hugs Hugs

We are all so sorry that you've lost Lucy Rose. She really was a special girl to us all. I've been reading the very early threads about her today, and it reminded me just how lucky she was to have found you guys.

Don't ever question the decision you and Mike made for her. We know you put all your buns welfare first, but for what it's worth, I think you did the right thing.

I know today is such a sad, hard day for you guys, but please remember everything uz you did for her. Like I said in an earlier post, she never would have came this far without uz.

Hugs Hugs Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:15 pm

maysie hun that was a very hard and very heart wrenching decision to make and I am certain you made the right one for Lucy Rose I hope you know we are all behind you and mike you have always put the rabbits first before even your own needs god bless you all xxxx
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:09 pm

so sad Hugs Hugs Hugs binky free Lucy Rose.
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Oh gosh i have only just seen this! i can only echo what everyone else has said. huge hugs to you and mike, i know this must be a hard time for you both Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:08 pm

I am so sorry Maysie Sad
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 pm

There is never any doubt that you make every decision you do in the very best interests of your bunnies, no matter how much that costs you financially or emotionally Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm

I don't doubt for a second that you and Mike made the decision you felt was best for Lucy Rose, and for what it's worth I would have done the same. We are all behind you 100% Maysie. We love you! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Oh my god, I came in here to post a thread and couldn't believe it when I read the title, I'm honestly so shocked.

I am so, so, so sorry Maysie & Mike, this has been a terrible time for the both of you, I hope things get better from here. I'm sure she's keeping Pud company at the bridge Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by thezookeeper Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh no Maysie Crying or Very sad
I just saw this sorry Crying or Very sad
I'm so so so sorry you have to go through this again poor you Hugs
Lucy rose is just amazing and I know how much you and Mike loved her just remember that you did this for her Hugs
Thinking of you and sending all the vibes and hugs in the world X Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
thezookeeper
thezookeeper
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1071
Location : In my rabbit hole reading with Jenna bun in Kent - England.
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 am

Oh Maysie Sad I am so so sorry to hear this and I'm sorry I've not seen this until now. Lucy Rose was a beautiful girl and you gave her such a wonderful life. There is no doubt you and Mike have done what was the best for Lucy Rose, we all know how much you loved her and she loved you. Big hugs to you all Hugs Hugs Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:05 am

Thank you again everyone , I just love you all so much Hugs Hugs

We think we did the best and kindest thing we could do for Lucy Rose we loved her far to much to let her suffer any longer than she had to Bless her.

Mike has just popped now to collect her ashes from the pet crem so we will at least have her home again although not in the way we would have wanted Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:41 am

Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Oh no, i'm so sorry binky free Lucy Rose xxx
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Sending a Love top up.

I echo what everyone else has said Maysie - the buns in your care receive the best of everything and every decision you make in your lives puts them and their needs first. There is no doubt in my mind that you made the best decision for Lucy Rose.

xx x x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks Katie Hugs

Mike has just walked in with Lucy Rose's ashes from the pet crem and I am in a state again as this time last week she was sat under the table waiting for her breakfast and now she is in a box Crying or Very sad

It's just not fair Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:01 pm

aww maysie Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Oh, Maysie Sad

I wish there was something more I could do to ease your pain. I can give you unlimited love and hugs though, and I am here (along with every other hopper, I'm sure!) to listen to you whenever you need to talk or rant or whatever you need to do. We all love you Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next