Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about Willow...

+7
BugsBunny
gentl
c.bolduan
KatieB
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
FluffSlave
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Worried about Willow... - Page 2 Empty Re: Worried about Willow...

Post by c.bolduan Wed May 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Vibes for Willow! Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed May 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Thank you all Hugs

I am really aware that the weather is warming up and the risk of Flystrike is increasing by the day... Sad

I honestly think unless it's just a 'phase' and she gets through it soon, I'll be considering saying my goodbyes to her. It makes me sick just thinking about it, and I'm giving it a week from Saturday to see improvement but if I don't see any after that I think that's where we'll be unfortunately. I just don't feel like putting her through tests and surgery and whatever else is the right thing to do under my/her circumstances. This isn't her only health problem. That is the option I feel is best for Willow and I hope people can understand/respect that.

She's definitely not 100% - not too keen on her pellets which she usually wolfs down and actually let me pick her up and carry her across the garden this morning which is unheard of for her.

Anyway, we'll see what happens over the next week or so. Hopefully she'll have another turnaround as she quite often does and this nightmare will be over SadSadSad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:38 pm

No one is judging you for you decisions.

When I said what I said before it was very much being mindful that this thread will be read in the future by lots of people who don't necessarily know the full background. It is probably being read now by people who have not been on this journey with you. For those people we need to spell out the realities of Willow's situation and the decision you've made. Which is very much a case of saying that with suspected tumors the sooner they are treated the greater chance of recovery. But obviously you need to weigh up the benefits against Willows respiratory problems and her predicted natural life span which is going to be shorter because of her size.

We all struggle to make the hard choices and we all make different decisions for our own reasons. Really we will support you whatever you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed May 07, 2014 10:51 pm

Thank you Cheryl Hugs

I feel like I am probably so emotionally tied up in this for obvious reasons, that I might have misinterpreted or been a bit touchy about some things said and I am sorry for that.

I totally understand that you want to make Willow's full situation known, as do I. Anyone who is reading this now/in the future who isn't aware, please know that under normal circumstances with a healthy rabbit I would have had my doe spayed long before such problems were able to develop Thumbs Up

It is heart breaking but I'm trying not to get too down about it as we still have the next few days. Let's give the antibiotics a chance to work (as they often have done before) and see what happens.

Any and all vibes are greatly appreciated xxxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Worried about Willow... - Page 2 Empty Edit vibes

Post by c.bolduan Wed May 07, 2014 10:52 pm

Agree 1000% as you know your bun and the whole history. You love her, you care for her and nobody will have the right to judge you.
When you look intO a morrow and can say to yourself it was right- that's it.  Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Vibes the many and plenty that you both need!!!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 am

Thank you Hugs

She seemed a bit more interested in her breakfast this morning so that's a positive sign Thumbs Up

We'll keep you posted xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 am

c.bolduan wrote:Agree 1000% as you know your bun and the whole history. You love her, you care for her and nobody will have the right to judge you.
When you look intO a morrow and can say to yourself it was right- that's it.  Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Vibes the many and plenty that you both need!!!

Agree with above! Goodness sknows you've always seen to it that she had the very best care and sought out opinions of knowledgeable people so you could make informed & compassionate care for Willow. We're with you whatever you decide.

I hopes you are feeling better today.  Hugs Hugs Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu May 08, 2014 7:10 pm

We are all behind you hun and I am sending lots and lots of loving vibes.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Im sending a Vibe top up for gorgeous Willow. I hope that the abx work their magic and that she is soon well again.

x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Glad she is eating and many more vibes coming your way.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Good news guys! Very Happy 

I left Willow to go out for the evening at about 4.15. I wasn't home until 9.45 and in that time she hadn't peed!! 

I can only hope the Abx are doing their job and/or her hormones are dying down if they were in the mix. Her appetite is also back and she was being her usual nosy self earlier and assigning herself treat sampler when I was putting away their things Laughing 

I don't want to speak to soon but hopefully we have turned a corner. Not out of the woods yet but all looking good tonight...

Thank you for all the continued vibes and support with this seemingly never ending issue Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Good news guys! Very Happy 

I left Willow to go out for the evening at about 4.15. I wasn't home until 9.45 and in that time she hadn't peed!! 

I can only hope the Abx are doing their job and/or her hormones are dying down if they were in the mix. Her appetite is also back and she was being her usual nosy self earlier and assigning herself treat sampler when I was putting away their things Laughing 

I don't want to speak to soon but hopefully we have turned a corner. Not out of the woods yet but all looking good tonight...

Thank you for all the continued vibes and support with this seemingly never ending issue Hugs

Great to hear her appetite is back and she seems back to normal, I hope she has turned a corner and
topping up the Vibes for the beautiful Willow xxxx  Hugs 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri May 09, 2014 8:14 am

That is lovely news, I hope Willow continues to do well for a long time to come xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Thank you all Hugs

She is still peeing a bit but nowhere near what she was producing before. She is also a lot brighter in herself and enjoyed her garden 'moochies' as I call them this morning. Fingers crossed that she continues to improve!

I said to my boyfriend, if she is going to be ill she obviously likes to do it with a bang to scare the living daylights out of me Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri May 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Great news  cheers 

Is it worth keeping a diary of how she is and noting when you have her on meds or not? The behaviour side of it might even be tied in to phases of the moon...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 09, 2014 6:42 pm

I am so glad she has improved hun. The relief when a bun gets better is overwhelming and we all know exactly how you feel now. Please give her a noserub from her auntie Jo.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 10, 2014 1:16 am

Sparky wrote:Great news  cheers 

Is it worth keeping a diary of how she is and noting when you have her on meds or not? The behaviour side of it might even be tied in to phases of the moon...

Mistress Spanky Sparky has an idea there... Wink 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat May 10, 2014 6:49 pm

I think that's a good idea Sparky Very Happy 

Willow is getting better every day but this morning I had Mojo refusing to eat and so we had to take him up to the vets. He had some appetite and gut stimulant and has started to eat for himself again with lots of temptation, and he's just started to munch at some hay now thank goodness. He's back tomorrow for a check up... 

The fun just never stops!!!  Rolling Eyes
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat May 10, 2014 7:38 pm

gentl wrote:
Sparky wrote:Great news  cheers 

Mistress Spanky Sparky has an idea there... Wink 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .

It is a good idea , best way to know exactly when she is worse and better then.

Oh phew, glad Mojo has picked up very quickly, I bet you where very worried about him , especially with all this going on with willow.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 pm

I am so glad she is better hun, you cannot beiieve it can you, one thing after another?

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun May 11, 2014 4:13 pm

I can't quite believe it Jo!! Laughing

Mojo is doing lots better. He didn't go for his check up today as the poor little guy gets so stressed with the journey and then actually being checked out, and since he is eating fine and seems to be pretty much back to normal I didn't think it was worth it and my vet agreed. She wants to try him on some of Willow's Baytril which is not happening - he is so clever! This is the first time I've tried Mojo on meds and he is a nightmare. I cannot syringe feed him as he gets so worked up he was audibly panting yesterday and most of it just ends up on/around his chin. So I tried spinach - sniffed it out. I tried Mini Shredded Wheat - sniffed it out. I've tried wrapping clean spinach on top of contaminated spinach - he'll eat the clean leaf and leave the rest. I can't "hand feed" it to him because he refuses to eat from anyone's hand. It's a bloomin' nightmare!! Rolling Eyes

I'm not too stressed about getting them into him at the moment though since he's eating so well and pretty active. He was happy to go out for a morning mooch around the garden, have a binky and trough the grass so I'd say he's alright!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Why does you vet want to try Mojo on antibiotics?

You've not mentioned anything that indicates infection just gut issues which is not surprising at moult time.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun May 11, 2014 4:26 pm

We honestly weren't sure as to the cause of his refusal to eat yesterday, so I think she was just covering all angles. She gave him an injection of Baytril yesterday and said she'd like to carry him on with it "just in case".

It also wasn't my normal vet. I wouldn't say she isn't rabbit savvy, but she's not as good as my usual vet. However, since he needed a vet we didn't have the luxury of seeing our usual one.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun May 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Oh it's so good to hear that the medicine is working, when taken of course. When I had to give it not long ago it was recommended to draw it up in the syringe , wipe clean and draw up a little fruit juice to sit on top. You are likely to need to hold him, but that way I managed with Bertie.
Some vets say to put in into tiny amount of Baby food! I haven't tried that yet. Hugs Hugs Hugs 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun May 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Lots of vibes for Mojo, hope he is doing ok now Hugs  Hugs  Hugs 

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Why does you vet want to try Mojo on antibiotics?

You've not mentioned anything that indicates infection just gut issues which is not surprising at moult time.
On of the meds Jack had when he was in gut slowdown before his dental was abx. The vet explained that the good gut flora could soon die off and you could end up with too much bad gut flora, so abx were an option for trying to help restore the balance. It's the first and only vet who ever gave any of us abx for gut slowdown, but he was also the first who gave ranitidine alongside metaclopramide and that seemed to work wonders, so we thought it might be 'new' thinking that is not yet common among vets...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next