Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you just get that feeling something isn't right...

+6
Sixer
Tuckerbunnies
BugsBunny
KatieB
c.bolduan
Thumper2001
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When you just get that feeling something isn't right... Empty When you just get that feeling something isn't right...

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Miss Molly Moo is out of sorts this evening Hmmm

She's just moping on her makeshift sofa. She's eating when food is put in front of her but this is just not like her. Junior is showing her up on the activity scale!

Come on Molly Moo Face!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

When you just get that feeling something isn't right... Empty Re: When you just get that feeling something isn't right...

Post by c.bolduan Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Alert! Alert! Alert! Hissy confused Rolling Eyes
If a bunny owner says something isn't right that's it.
Darling seriously think you are the captain of a ship or plane.
They do check lists!
Eating- ok?
Pooing?
Drinking?
Interacting?
Misbehaving?come on Molly?!
Is she moulting?
Did you change anything over the last 24 hours?( if so Norty humum!)
After completing the check list It's it is compulsory to have treats, both bunnies and you. If no change in the morning it may be wise to call the vet. No
Hope she is feeling better in the morning but sending hugs to you! Hugs

Last edited by c.bolduan on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something)

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

When you just get that feeling something isn't right... Empty Re: When you just get that feeling something isn't right...

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Eating, yes.
Pooing, I'm fairly certain yes. As sure as I can be with two bunnies anyway.
Drinking, yes.
Interacting, a little.
Misbehaving, no Hmmm Although I just checked her over and she's as feisty as normal lol.
Not moulting. That doesn't usually put her up nor down anyway.
Nothing changed.
She's more standoffish than normal, if that makes sense. Wouldn't come to me. You'd think I had upset her but I haven't Hmmm
Treats given and well received.

Puzzler.

She's maybe just in a mood Laughing Will observe carefully in the morning!

Thanks Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 am

Perhaps she is having a bit of an off day hunni.

I'd keep an eye on her today and if anything is off get her looked at although it's tricky when there isn't anything specific.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:48 am

How is she this morning hun?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:05 pm

They do have off day's so perhaps she is having one. Hope she is ok xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Hope Molly is more herself today. 'Off days' are always a worry Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Maybe she has heard about Santa Paws' 'Naughty List' and has decided inactivity is the best option...

I hope she is ok, lots of vibes for Molly Moo Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Holly has those sometimes love, I think they are like us, they don't always behave the same way but we always worry. I do hope all is OK.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Sparky wrote:Maybe she has heard about Santa Paws' 'Naughty List' and has decided inactivity is the best option...

I hope she is ok, lots of vibes for Molly Moo Hugs Hugs Hugs

Sounds about right. How can we get this across to Bubbles I wonder?

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:41 pm

I know that Willow sometimes has 'funny' spells like this...

How is Molly doing today? Sending vibes in case Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks everyone Smile

Molly is much better than yesterday, still a bit quiet but better. My heart skipped a beat when I went into their room this morning and she wasn't in her usual right-by-the-pen-door position Shocked But she was in the litter tray eating hay.

Maybe she's missing her daddy!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Aww bless her that could be it. She might have picked up on the change, and i'm sure the change in your mood. Hopefully she will get back to her usual norty self when she settles into things.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Of course, I didn't consider this in the check list. They can be acting strange with any change in their environment.
Hope picks up and returns to her cheeky self ASAP.
Sending hugs for you too.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Molly is back moping. She's just not right. Got vet at 4:40.

I know they're going to think "teeth" and want to sedate her. I'm not convinced this is teeth. She is eating crunchies and nuggies, just not the hay much at all. In my experience, nuggies are always the first thing to go when teeth are sore.

I'm going to get them to check her teeth but if they don't see anything I'm tempted to ask them to give her a gut stimulant to see if it sorts her out.

Foolish idea?
Help please!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Am sorry to read that Molly is still not herself. They will be able to tell from listening to he gut whether a stimulant is necessary. Maybe blood tests if a physical examination isn't revealing anything obvious?
I hope your vet can come up with an answer and that it is nothing serious Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Thank you, Vanessa. I'm just not convinced this is teeth. (Although I'm keeping an open mind of course!) She's chomping everything like normal. Just disinterested in hay and life in general. Such a worry Sad

4:40 can't come quick enough!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 pm

Sorry to hear that Molly is still under the weather.
You are likely to be at the vet when I type this, just to say that Bertie was eating fine with his spur but not his soft droppings.
Since dental this is completely resolved. Bob, the vet, said at the time that bunnies act strangly when having dental issues.
Please keep us updated, will check here later. Fenugreek crunchies are said to be boosting appetites too. Thumbs Up Very Happy

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Loads of vibes for Molly. I'd be a bit surprised if it is teeth as she is such a hay monster. But I guess it only takes a tiny misalignment for a little spur to form, and with our lot the tiniest spur will stop them eating properly. On the bright side, Jack and Reggie both needed dentals within a few weeks of each other, but only the one each 18 months ago.

How long ago were they vaccinated?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:24 pm

I need to eat my hat. It is her teeth Sad

3 back teeth on the left side. She's going in at 9:15 tomorrow. They gave her a gut stimulant that I can't be bothered spelling right now but I'm sure you know the one, begins with M. They also gave her an injection of pain killers. Molly is so out of sorts she was cuddling the vet Shocked and she put her paws on my shoulder!!!

I did not foresee this being a problem with these two Hmmm Sparky you mentioning Jack and Reggie being fine 18 months later makes me feel a bit better.

Getting them and Noah to the vet for 9:15 will be fun!

They were last vaccinated in October, Sparky. Teeth were also checked then and were fine.

Feeling a bit deflated Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Everything crossed hun, lot of love on its way.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Aw, don't feel deflated. All of mine have had dentals despite having - I hope - the best diet possible. However none, touchwood, have needed more than three up to now despite being 6+ years old. Sometimes despite everything we try and do those pesky teeth cause problems.

The important thing is that you realised straight away that something was amiss. Hopefully given Molly loves her hay it will be a long time before they cause problems again.

Loads of vibes that Molly is back to normal soon. All of my buns were eating straight away when they came back home xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:06 pm

No reason to feel deflated! Not you! No
Well done for knowing your girl well enough to realise that something wasn't right.
Bunnies get dental issues for various reasons, diet is the most common one in.people that don't feed the right diet. Which of course doesn't apply here. She, can still develop dental issues. Hmmm
So my tips out of experience are: ( maybe you know already )

Will you send Junior with her? Hope you do,
Try to leave her with the vet until she has eaten there and is awake enough to take her home. Before you collect her you can try to get things ready.
Cut fresh stuff to bit size if needed or feed soft stuff. Banana here we come. Anything she likes for the next 24 hours. Thumbs Up Very Happy
Put her into her prefered space with lots of soft and warming things to snuggle into, including you!
Ask for some recovery food just in case. Pellets may need to be softend with a little water initially.
Metacam,you want to stock up on and don't be shy to give her plenty. Needs to be the dog not the cat one.
Does your vet provide a 24 hour service? If not get an emergency number.
are you working on Friday? If so can you swab? You might want to be around for the next couple of days.
I'm in tomorrow evening and Friday morning and will pm you my phone number if you want to call, that's fine!
She is a strong bunny and I'm sure she will cope well with the Ga.
To tell you not to worry seems foolish so I won't but just sending supportive hugs may be a good idea! Hugs Hugs Hugs

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:55 pm

I am sorry to hear Molly's teeth are the problem Sad

I know how devastated I was when my vet found spurs in both of my guys. Obviously, Mr Mo has had his dental is 100% again now (and was shortly after, if that helps you feel a bit better). I am keeping a close eye on Willow for the slightest change, as Molly has just proven that's all it takes to spot it...

I hope everything goes smoothly for her and this is a 'one off' Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:44 pm

I hope the dental has gone smoothly and the wee Moo is ok  Hugs

Our Theo is funny, he mopes terribly and stops eating completely but will turbo-suck syringe food down. Then when he's back from the dental it's like they have found a hidden switch in there somewhere and switched him back on  Laughing

Thumper2001 wrote:They were last vaccinated in October, Sparky.
We've had a couple be a bit off-colour up to a week or so after a vaccine, although I am sure if it had been that recent it would have been the first thing you would have suspected.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next