Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling a bit sad for these two :(

+4
LilyGrace
Becki
Catsknickers
AnnaT
8 posters

Go down

Feeling a bit sad for these two :( Empty Feeling a bit sad for these two :(

Post by AnnaT Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:56 pm

I know lots of rescues have buns that are overlooked and its really disheartening to us, the rescuers who look after them. I have had these two gorgeous bunnies here for months with hardly any interest and I don't know why. At first Alexa was shy, but now she is happy to be held and is very loving. Rex has always been a little star. These are such lovely buns I really want them to get into a loving home soon.

Sorry its not a very interesting post, I was just cuddling these two a moment ago and wanted to share how lovely they are.

Feeling a bit sad for these two :( HPIM6556

I have just gone through my photo bucket account and I didn't realize how many buns have come and gone before them Sad
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Feeling a bit sad for these two :( Empty Re: Feeling a bit sad for these two :(

Post by Catsknickers Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Poor bunnies, they look so beautiful too. If I had room I would but I am inundated too. I hope they find a loving forever home soon Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm

They look absolutely gorgeous, So it definately cant be that they are 'boring' thats putting people off. Goodness knows, I really dont think the recession helps. I have two single girls who I'd love nothing more than for them to be partnered up, but its space (of which i have none!) and money (Again, of which i have even less!) which stops that. Hard times, I take my hat off to you xxx
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Becki wrote:They look absolutely gorgeous, So it definately cant be that they are 'boring' thats putting people off. Goodness knows, I really dont think the recession helps. I have two single girls who I'd love nothing more than for them to be partnered up, but its space (of which i have none!) and money (Again, of which i have even less!) which stops that. Hard times, I take my hat off to you xxx

This is what I keep thinking. They are both so pretty. We usually find pairs stick around for the longest and its just sad that they havent got a home yet.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:27 pm

They are beautiful.....it's really sad Sad I have to keep my buns in my bedroom so I couldn't take on two more....you're right I don't understand why they are overlooked either...maybe it is just harder because they are together.
I'm sure when they find a home though it will be the perfect one Smile
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:35 pm

LilyGrace wrote:They are beautiful.....it's really sad Sad I have to keep my buns in my bedroom so I couldn't take on two more....you're right I don't understand why they are overlooked either...maybe it is just harder because they are together.
I'm sure when they find a home though it will be the perfect one Smile

yea pairs are always the last to go, but other pairs that I thought would have trouble have been and gone leaving these 2 here. Luckily they are nice, friendly buns, but they should be in a home!
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 pm

At least they have each other until the time comes. They are both real lookers. Hopefully that wonderful home is in the pipeline. XX
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 pm

NickieM wrote:At least they have each other until the time comes. They are both real lookers. Hopefully that wonderful home is in the pipeline. XX

Thats true Smile
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:02 am

Thankfully they have you to look after them as well! They both look gorgeous, very cute. I never have understood people's adopting habbits
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 pm

The darker one reminds me of my Faline. This might sound stupid but why do pairs take longer to rehome? Do people prefer to keep single buns? Surely it's easier to adopt two bonded bunnies Rolling Eyes
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:The darker one reminds me of my Faline. This might sound stupid but why do pairs take longer to rehome? Do people prefer to keep single buns? Surely it's easier to adopt two bonded bunnies Rolling Eyes

People usually have a single bun that they want to pair up. Most people's faces drop when they hear the adoption price too, but if we don't ask for some money back we can't carry on. It costs us almost £100 to spey and vaccinate a doe and slightly less for a buck. This doesnt even account for any medical problems they may have that need treating (we have two terminal buns in at the moment which have cost us a few hundred and we are still paying out for them). We ask for a minimum donation of £35 per rabbit to go towards the money we pay out, however people do not see it that way which is a shame. It works out cheaper than a pet shop when you add the cost of spey and vacciantions though.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Just reading what you wrote Anna...that's a really fair thing to ask...Thinking how much I've spent on Luna alone...must come over a hundred for adopting her from P@H and having her spayed etc.
I suppose people want a free deal when they are adopting Hmmm
And my boy cost about 25 from a breeder and I haven't had him neutered yet...
Also, out of interest - is there a way to give donations anyway? As when I have some money I'd be interested in doing so Smile.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm

At this moment in time I just not able to cope with another bun or two especially with xmas coming up. No mtter how much I love these two it wouldn't be fair on them as not in a great state of mind atm.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 pm

LilyGrace wrote:Just reading what you wrote Anna...that's a really fair thing to ask...Thinking how much I've spent on Luna alone...must come over a hundred for adopting her from P@H and having her spayed etc.
I suppose people want a free deal when they are adopting Hmmm
And my boy cost about 25 from a breeder and I haven't had him neutered yet...
Also, out of interest - is there a way to give donations anyway? As when I have some money I'd be interested in doing so Smile.

Some people seem to think they are doing us a favor by adopting an animal so don't think they should pay. Its not like that at all. If an animal is with us for months, then they are safe here. We had a dog who was with us for 2 years and she recently found a home. Luckily these long stayers don't happen too often, but they are safe with us. We only ever euthanize if an animal is suffering and nothing can be done to save it, not if they are here for a while. There is no way I could work for a rescue that.

Aww thats so lovely of you, thank you Smile

We do have a paypal, which is here
http://sites.google.com/site/furryfriendsanimalrescue/how-to-help/donate-to-furry-friends-through-paypal

It all helps Smile

Velvet tears - We would not want anyone taking these 2 who are not in the right position to do so. I was not trying to encourage you to have them, I was feeling a but meh and wanted to share thats all Smile
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks! When I get paid I shall do so Smile - tis no problem...quite makes a difference when you see the animals it's going too.
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down