Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

+14
paullp
NickieM
fiver
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
Big Ears
gentl
KatieB
Amelia66
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Dawnbunny
18 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 pm

It's brilliant that you are eating Binky, but COME ON POOP we are all waiting!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 12:18 am

Come on Binky Love Love ! You can do it! cheers Take your meds good
for mommy and hold still for your jabs! A scratch between the ears for
Binky and buckets of hugs for your Mommy! Hugs Another 7 Squadrons
of vibes via Haremail is on it's way!

To help you handle the needle better have someone put a pair of the tiny rubber
bands around the barrel of the syringe, one on either side of where your finger should
be. It will give you more tactical feedback and make the syringe easier to handle since
your fingers won't slip.

Here are two pictures. Place the bands on the syringe where it is comfortable for you
to push the plunger. The smaller the dose the closer the bands would be to the needle.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 100_0635

You cannot see it too well, but my little finger is against Cinnabun's back to stabilize the hand
that holds the syringe.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 100_0636

I hope this helps.

wow, I need a manicure! No
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 6:50 am

gentl wrote:Come on Binky Love Love ! You can do it! cheers Take your meds good
for mommy and hold still for your jabs! A scratch between the ears for
Binky and buckets of hugs for your Mommy! Hugs Another 7 Squadrons
of vibes via Haremail is on it's way!

To help you handle the needle better have someone put a pair of the tiny rubber
bands around the barrel of the syringe, one on either side of where your finger should
be. It will give you more tactical feedback and make the syringe easier to handle since
your fingers won't slip.

Here are two pictures. Place the bands on the syringe where it is comfortable for you
to push the plunger. The smaller the dose the closer the bands would be to the needle.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 100_0635

You cannot see it too well, but my little finger is against Cinnabun's back to stabilize the hand
that holds the syringe.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 100_0636

I hope this helps.

wow, I need a manicure! No

ah thanks for your pics and advice, its much appreciated..... Im going to try and be brave.... x

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 6:53 am

I hate the mornings ... only had 4 hrs sleep and trying to get him starting to eat again in the mornings is tough managed to get ranitidine in and a little critical care ..... then he growled at me Hmmm

On a plus note ... we have POOP Smile

My daughter surgery is today at 7.30am and vet app is late 5.20 ... will update x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 7:09 am

Your Daughter, Binky Love and you are in my thoughts and prayers today. Hugs

Good job on the poo Binky! Thumbs Up
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 am

Yay!!! Poop!!!! Happy Dance
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 25, 2012 4:19 pm

I am glad at last that Binky went plop plop for her mummy. Come on sweetie, we want more of these.

Lots of love to your daughter too.
Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri May 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Yay for poop cheers

Top-up vibes for Binky Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,

Vet agreed that he seemed brighter today but still confused ... he didnt bash into any walls and seemed to know where he was compared to yesterday.

His stomach still seems sore ... he has eaten much more today mashed up cookie /care mix/banana.. but no more poops as yet. He wont eat juicy dandies or hard food.

The plan is to continue as we are, the pain relief seems to be working , hopefully can reduce it as we go through weekend...

Still going with the theory its EC , his head did seem to try and tilt this morning but not since but he is tanked on painkiller.

Go back Monday to see how he is doing, vet is concerned about the blood in his urine yesterday will look at it again on Tues... my and the vets worst fear is that its kidney failure.

At least he is not in pain at the moment.. God bless him ...

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Sending 'healthy kidney' vibes for Binky Love and also some
'stay pain free' vibes. Also some Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs for you!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the weekend goes well
for you both!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 pm

He is stil ldoing much better pain wise, not sure if its the drugs or not... he does seem pretty out of it some of the time .. or if thats just due to being ill.

He has ate loads today cookies, syringe feeds but no more poops.. Sad

Im so exahausted... feel really down.. just think its cos Im so tired and need sleep .. got to rest so I can be strong for him in the next few days, they are make or break time and we need a miracle....

night x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat May 26, 2012 12:10 am

Night night Dawn. I hope you manage to get some rest x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 am

Night, night Dawn. Sleep well. Hugs Remember we are here
for you. Give Binky an extremely gentle nose touch for me please.

Vibe top up for both of you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 am

Morning,

About an hour after I posted.. Binky decided that he wasnt going to eat ! Not to worried as he has eaten bit more during day....

I gave him his night time pain killer even though there was no sign of pain.

THis morning there is no poop and he is now refusing to eat Hmmm .

Ive given him ranitidine at 6am ...... at 8.30 he ate tiniest amount of mashed banana , but wont take his syringe feeds.. ie Im an angry bunny get that syringe out of my mouth , so I have swapped to smaller syringe to make sure it goes in there...

I like he is got a but of ooomph. He still seemes confused at times , he painkiller has worn off so it cant be that.....

On a plus note this morning is the first morning since Wednes where I havent been woken by stompng cos his painkiller has worn off, his breathing is good and he is sleeping. Im still inclined to give him some painkiller incase he is in a bit of pain and thats why he is not eating ?

I managed to get 4 hrs sleep in the night and another 30 mins this morning. My daughter is coming home from hospital at lunchtime on crutches...

x

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 am

Dawn, am I remembering right that the vet thinks that there is a possibility of kidney
problems? With major infections the kidneys and/or the liver may not work correctly and the pain killer
or other meds may build up in the system because the kidneys and/or liver isn't breaking them down
and removing them from the body properly. That can slow the digestive system down so there is no
poop and when there is no poop there is no room for more ingested food so he doesn't eat.
Am I making sense? scratch It's like 0330 here and I not exactly coherent. I took my
pain med and I'm hoping it helps. Sleep

I hope today goes better and he starts eating, moving around and giving you the most glorious
pile of poops ever! cheers Fresh vibes for Binky and Hugs for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 11:33 am

gentl wrote:Dawn, am I remembering right that the vet thinks that there is a possibility of kidney
problems? With major infections the kidneys and/or the liver may not work correctly and the pain killer
or other meds may build up in the system because the kidneys and/or liver isn't breaking them down
and removing them from the body properly. That can slow the digestive system down so there is no
poop and when there is no poop there is no room for more ingested food so he doesn't eat.
Am I making sense? scratch It's like 0330 here and I not exactly coherent. I took my
pain med and I'm hoping it helps. Sleep

I hope today goes better and he starts eating, moving around and giving you the most glorious
pile of poops ever! cheers Fresh vibes for Binky and Hugs for you!

yes that makes sense... Ive had kidney failure (only one kidney now). I am still managing to get his fluid /critical care mix in him but he doesnt want it and spits half of it out.. . He is weeing still ...

He's been laying and having a sleep in the sun (inside patio doors are open)

I do feel like I am losing hope now Crying or Very sad ....
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat May 26, 2012 11:55 am

I really wish one of us was close enough to help, just to give you a break from it and time to rest Hugs

All I can do is top up vibes, and you can have them in abundance Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Dawn, no honey. Don't loose hope. Hugs I know from experience that it is easy to say, but near impossible to do sometimes.(OK a lot of sometimes when you have a prolonged illness/disease...again from experience) That is where friends come in. Friends can have hope and carry you until you can again have the inner peace to again carry on. Then there is faith which is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Friends come in again when you hit that bottom and it's like you are paralyzed from exhaustion physically, mentally and spiritually. And you just cannot put one foot in front of another, so to speak. You may not even know where to start!

Your friends here will carry you through this. Lean on us when you need to. Hugs

I hope Binky will bask in that sunshine and want some noms!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 pm

thanks so much, your so lovely Hugs

Ive been praying a lot .. its up to God and Binky.. came back down stairs and he ate a slice of banana... and then wanted a syringe.

I just got to have the strength ...... and I will find it for him.

Dawnx

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 26, 2012 12:49 pm

My heart breaks for you as I know how draining it is with such a sick bunny but sometimes the hard work does pay off and very sick bunnies can go on to live a long and happy life be it in their own little worlds.

Sending all the Vibes I can for Binky and praying that there are better days for you both xxxxxx

Thinking of you and wishing we were nearer so we could help xxxxxxxxx Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 1:06 pm

HE ATE COOKIE ...all be it mashed cookie ... but its a cookie...

My mum rang and we prayed together for him.. She always gives Binky a cookie when she visits so she said put the phone near his ear and let me talk to him... I dont know what she said... but it worked and he ate cookie.

Very Happy

I am going for a nap.
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 26, 2012 1:29 pm

That is great news. I really hope this is a turning point for him.

you must be exhausted so I am sending you love x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Great news, please keep us informed love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 pm

this afternoon ..... on a number of occassions his neck has gone wry .... it did the same yesterday but not as bad as today.... I told the vet but she said it cant be as new EC symptoms dont start once panacur has been given.

Today wry attempts are more pronounced than yesterdays Crying or Very sad .... its like his neck is stiuck and his body keeps attempting to go over... he's just started to clicking/grinding his teeth.... so have given him more painkiller...

I slept for about 45 mins, keep waking up, dreaming Im feeding or medicating him... sleep and reality merging !

Off to read the wry neck link from earlier in the thread its definitely an issue now after what Ive seen today.

Thank you so much for letting me ranting and reading it all , it really helps to have your support. My daughter is home.

Dx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Dawnbunny wrote:this afternoon ..... on a number of occassions his neck has gone wry .... it did the same yesterday but not as bad as today.... I told the vet but she said it cant be as new EC symptoms dont start once panacur has been given.

Today wry attempts are more pronounced than yesterdays Crying or Very sad .... its like his neck is stiuck and his body keeps attempting to go over... he's just started to clicking/grinding his teeth.... so have given him more painkiller...

I slept for about 45 mins, keep waking up, dreaming Im feeding or medicating him... sleep and reality merging !

Off to read the wry neck link from earlier in the thread its definitely an issue now after what Ive seen today.

Thank you so much for letting me ranting and reading it all , it really helps to have your support. My daughter is home.

Dx

That's new to me that a rabbit on panacur can't start with wry neck maybe I'm wrong , panacur doesn't cure it helps scratch

I have found these links hope they are of use to you

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/cuniculi/pyrimethamine.htm ( Please note the video can be upsetting to some)

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/head_tilt.htm

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next