Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

+14
paullp
NickieM
fiver
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
Big Ears
gentl
KatieB
Amelia66
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Dawnbunny
18 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 pm

He is stil ldoing much better pain wise, not sure if its the drugs or not... he does seem pretty out of it some of the time .. or if thats just due to being ill.

He has ate loads today cookies, syringe feeds but no more poops.. Sad

Im so exahausted... feel really down.. just think its cos Im so tired and need sleep .. got to rest so I can be strong for him in the next few days, they are make or break time and we need a miracle....

night x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 5 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Thumper2001 Sat May 26, 2012 12:10 am

Night night Dawn. I hope you manage to get some rest x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 am

Night, night Dawn. Sleep well. Hugs Remember we are here
for you. Give Binky an extremely gentle nose touch for me please.

Vibe top up for both of you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 am

Morning,

About an hour after I posted.. Binky decided that he wasnt going to eat ! Not to worried as he has eaten bit more during day....

I gave him his night time pain killer even though there was no sign of pain.

THis morning there is no poop and he is now refusing to eat Hmmm .

Ive given him ranitidine at 6am ...... at 8.30 he ate tiniest amount of mashed banana , but wont take his syringe feeds.. ie Im an angry bunny get that syringe out of my mouth , so I have swapped to smaller syringe to make sure it goes in there...

I like he is got a but of ooomph. He still seemes confused at times , he painkiller has worn off so it cant be that.....

On a plus note this morning is the first morning since Wednes where I havent been woken by stompng cos his painkiller has worn off, his breathing is good and he is sleeping. Im still inclined to give him some painkiller incase he is in a bit of pain and thats why he is not eating ?

I managed to get 4 hrs sleep in the night and another 30 mins this morning. My daughter is coming home from hospital at lunchtime on crutches...

x

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 am

Dawn, am I remembering right that the vet thinks that there is a possibility of kidney
problems? With major infections the kidneys and/or the liver may not work correctly and the pain killer
or other meds may build up in the system because the kidneys and/or liver isn't breaking them down
and removing them from the body properly. That can slow the digestive system down so there is no
poop and when there is no poop there is no room for more ingested food so he doesn't eat.
Am I making sense? scratch It's like 0330 here and I not exactly coherent. I took my
pain med and I'm hoping it helps. Sleep

I hope today goes better and he starts eating, moving around and giving you the most glorious
pile of poops ever! cheers Fresh vibes for Binky and Hugs for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 11:33 am

gentl wrote:Dawn, am I remembering right that the vet thinks that there is a possibility of kidney
problems? With major infections the kidneys and/or the liver may not work correctly and the pain killer
or other meds may build up in the system because the kidneys and/or liver isn't breaking them down
and removing them from the body properly. That can slow the digestive system down so there is no
poop and when there is no poop there is no room for more ingested food so he doesn't eat.
Am I making sense? scratch It's like 0330 here and I not exactly coherent. I took my
pain med and I'm hoping it helps. Sleep

I hope today goes better and he starts eating, moving around and giving you the most glorious
pile of poops ever! cheers Fresh vibes for Binky and Hugs for you!

yes that makes sense... Ive had kidney failure (only one kidney now). I am still managing to get his fluid /critical care mix in him but he doesnt want it and spits half of it out.. . He is weeing still ...

He's been laying and having a sleep in the sun (inside patio doors are open)

I do feel like I am losing hope now Crying or Very sad ....
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat May 26, 2012 11:55 am

I really wish one of us was close enough to help, just to give you a break from it and time to rest Hugs

All I can do is top up vibes, and you can have them in abundance Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Dawn, no honey. Don't loose hope. Hugs I know from experience that it is easy to say, but near impossible to do sometimes.(OK a lot of sometimes when you have a prolonged illness/disease...again from experience) That is where friends come in. Friends can have hope and carry you until you can again have the inner peace to again carry on. Then there is faith which is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Friends come in again when you hit that bottom and it's like you are paralyzed from exhaustion physically, mentally and spiritually. And you just cannot put one foot in front of another, so to speak. You may not even know where to start!

Your friends here will carry you through this. Lean on us when you need to. Hugs

I hope Binky will bask in that sunshine and want some noms!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 pm

thanks so much, your so lovely Hugs

Ive been praying a lot .. its up to God and Binky.. came back down stairs and he ate a slice of banana... and then wanted a syringe.

I just got to have the strength ...... and I will find it for him.

Dawnx

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 26, 2012 12:49 pm

My heart breaks for you as I know how draining it is with such a sick bunny but sometimes the hard work does pay off and very sick bunnies can go on to live a long and happy life be it in their own little worlds.

Sending all the Vibes I can for Binky and praying that there are better days for you both xxxxxx

Thinking of you and wishing we were nearer so we could help xxxxxxxxx Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 1:06 pm

HE ATE COOKIE ...all be it mashed cookie ... but its a cookie...

My mum rang and we prayed together for him.. She always gives Binky a cookie when she visits so she said put the phone near his ear and let me talk to him... I dont know what she said... but it worked and he ate cookie.

Very Happy

I am going for a nap.
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 26, 2012 1:29 pm

That is great news. I really hope this is a turning point for him.

you must be exhausted so I am sending you love x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Great news, please keep us informed love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 pm

this afternoon ..... on a number of occassions his neck has gone wry .... it did the same yesterday but not as bad as today.... I told the vet but she said it cant be as new EC symptoms dont start once panacur has been given.

Today wry attempts are more pronounced than yesterdays Crying or Very sad .... its like his neck is stiuck and his body keeps attempting to go over... he's just started to clicking/grinding his teeth.... so have given him more painkiller...

I slept for about 45 mins, keep waking up, dreaming Im feeding or medicating him... sleep and reality merging !

Off to read the wry neck link from earlier in the thread its definitely an issue now after what Ive seen today.

Thank you so much for letting me ranting and reading it all , it really helps to have your support. My daughter is home.

Dx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Dawnbunny wrote:this afternoon ..... on a number of occassions his neck has gone wry .... it did the same yesterday but not as bad as today.... I told the vet but she said it cant be as new EC symptoms dont start once panacur has been given.

Today wry attempts are more pronounced than yesterdays Crying or Very sad .... its like his neck is stiuck and his body keeps attempting to go over... he's just started to clicking/grinding his teeth.... so have given him more painkiller...

I slept for about 45 mins, keep waking up, dreaming Im feeding or medicating him... sleep and reality merging !

Off to read the wry neck link from earlier in the thread its definitely an issue now after what Ive seen today.

Thank you so much for letting me ranting and reading it all , it really helps to have your support. My daughter is home.

Dx

That's new to me that a rabbit on panacur can't start with wry neck maybe I'm wrong , panacur doesn't cure it helps scratch

I have found these links hope they are of use to you

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/cuniculi/pyrimethamine.htm ( Please note the video can be upsetting to some)

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/head_tilt.htm

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Dawnbunny wrote:this afternoon ..... on a number of occassions his neck has gone wry .... it did the same yesterday but not as bad as today.... I told the vet but she said it cant be as new EC symptoms dont start once panacur has been given.

Dx

That's new to me that a rabbit on panacur can't start with wry neck maybe I'm wrong , panacur doesn't cure it helps scratch

I have found these links hope they are of use to you

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/cuniculi/pyrimethamine.htm ( Please note the video can be upsetting to some)

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/head_tilt.htm

thank you , they are great links. The video shows what happened to Binky on a few occasions this afternoon , but his eye is not going that I can see.... and he does come out of it when I straighten him...

I think the most concern right now is his kidney function and whether the kidney can start to work again. Vet is worried by the amount of blood and how watery his urine is. We know EC effects the kidneys but can bunnies who have been effected renally come through ? Vet is not convinced considering his age nearly 8 that he can Crying or Very sad She is givng him till Tues and will check his urine , if there is the same amount of blood and there is no change in him she thinks we should be kind and put him to sleep.

I know that buns that do pull through are usually those with a good appetite or a crazy parent (ME) who shoves syringes in him mouth every hour ! As he has lost his appetite this is what is making me so down ..... will keep trying though and cherish our moments. He is sleeping peacefully on his pink furry blankie.

x

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Dawn did you check out the on the wonk group?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat May 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Sending more get well wishes for Binky x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sun May 27, 2012 12:06 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Dawn did you check out the on the wonk group?

Yes I did, there are 9 members I think .... you have a yahoo account to join , which I dont have.... Binky head is not in tilt , it just does it occassionally.. would like to know if others have had bunnies with EC and blood in urine/kidney issues and recovered.

man thanks

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sun May 27, 2012 12:12 am

Thumper2001 wrote:Sending more get well wishes for Binky x

thankie.

This evening like most evenings this week has been an improvement.. not sure why he picks up in the evening.

Today started out bleak as he wasnt eating and it has ended on a positive note with him eating again. Putting the cookie mix in a syringe is also much easier for both of us. He has been brilliant eating it all up and his critical hay fliuds....

Learnt also that he doesnt like being in his cage, thought he would feel safer but he is happy and less stressed outside it.

Bit worried about his balance as he has gone over a few times today , but managed to right himself.

Oh lets hope there are is some POOP in the morning...

Dawnx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun May 27, 2012 12:16 am

Dawnbunny wrote:

Yes I did, there are 9 members I think .... you have a yahoo account to join , which I dont have.... Binky head is not in tilt , it just does it occassionally.. would like to know if others have had bunnies with EC and blood in urine/kidney issues and recovered.

man thanks

Dawn x

We had Betty Boo who started with the darting eyes and then started fitting one night and we knew it was e.cuniculi we kept picking her up each time she fitted and calming her down she was having fit's like every 15 mins and had about 5 fits and Mike picked her up on her 5th fit and she just went to sleep in his arms and never woke up. In a way we were glad she went as the fits were bad and she was throwing her body about as if she coundn't control it, it was heartbreaking to see.

Last year our nethie Roly started with the darting eyes and scanning within minutes Mike gave him panacur and the following morning he was back to normal no darting eyes or scanning. Touch wood he has been ok since.

I use to help out at a rescue and they had a few rabbits with e.cuniculi who with meds and care lived to good ages.

Nearly all rabbits have e.cuniculi it just takes something to start it off.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sun May 27, 2012 12:20 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Dawnbunny wrote:

man thanks

Dawn x

We had Betty Boo who started with the darting eyes and then started fitting one night and we knew it was e.cuniculi we kept picking her up each time she fitted and calming her down she was having fit's like every 15 mins and had about 5 fits and Mike picked her up on her 5th fit and she just went to sleep in his arms and never woke up. In a way we were glad she went as the fits were bad and she was throwing her body about as if she coundn't control it, it was heartbreaking to see.

Last year our nethie Roly started with the darting eyes and scanning within minutes Mike gave him panacur and the following morning he was back to normal no darting eyes or scanning. Touch wood he has been ok since.

I use to help out at a rescue and they had a few rabbits with e.cuniculi who with meds and care lived to good ages.

Nearly all rabbits have e.cuniculi it just takes something to start it off.

Thats the weird thing Binky's ears are not darting.... wonder if it could be something else ....

Im so grateful that he seizures stopped ..... doesnt make sense to me that if it was EC to the point that is was causing seizures wouldnt his eyes be darting ?

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 am

It could be an ear infection, I've been on tablets for nearly 3 months for an ear infection and it made me feel sick, I was nearly falling over and I felt so dizzy and it can't be much different for a rabbit they lose their balance and so they are unsteady on their feet, their head can go on one side with an ear infection .
You never know .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sun May 27, 2012 12:29 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:It could be an ear infection, I've been on tablets for nearly 3 months for an ear infection and it made me feel sick, I was nearly falling over and I felt so dizzy and it can't be much different for a rabbit they lose their balance and so they are unsteady on their feet, their head can go on one side with an ear infection .
You never know .

true , it could be.... as he has blood in his urine the vet was going with EC effecting the kidney also , but I guess they could be 2 seprate issues... Do wonder if the anesthetic from where he has his tooth removed could ahve effected his kidneys.... will have to treat the symptoms and wait and see....

night x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun May 27, 2012 4:04 am

Vibe top for Binky Boy Love being sent via Haremail! Hugs for you. And some discerning vibes for the vet so they can figure out exactly what is wrong. I hope you both have a good rest! Hugs

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next