Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

+14
paullp
NickieM
fiver
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
Big Ears
gentl
KatieB
Amelia66
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Dawnbunny
18 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 3 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Dawnbunny Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 am

Katieb wrote:I think it's vital you keep up a decent amount of metacam Hun, if it is a kidney problem although it won't help at least he will be In Less pain which I think needs to be the priory. Did they up his metacam dosage?

Hi Katie,

I thought the same its just the metacam doesnt seem to be making a difference at all its only the vetergesic that seems to help. Therefore vet wants me to try without Metacam which Ive done for 24 hrs ... he seems better.

Fine balance trying to get best meds without overdosing making him worse , what we r doing now seems to be working.

Dawnx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 3 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Dawnbunny Wed May 23, 2012 11:11 am

Thumper2001 wrote:How is he today?

He is doing better and wants to drink his critical care mix from the syringe...is using it like a water bottle.... He also ate some banana and apple Happy Dance

He had a cuddle and gave me a chomp chomp Very Happy

He's sleeping more peacefully and we have only had one minor pain fit.... better than yesterday....

Im exhausted but so grateful he has shown signs of improvement.

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed May 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Oh, Dawn! This is fantastic news. I've been thinking of Binky and you
a lot. When they are in such severe pain it is so difficult! They can't
tell us what it is that hurts. It's so encouraging that he is taking his
critical care so well and eating some fruit. Nothing like some natural
vitamins and minerals!

I hope you can get some much needed rest and your beloved
fluff-head has this pain issue resolve bunny-quick! And we know
how fast that is!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed May 23, 2012 2:53 pm

I am so happy to hear this Dawn darling; the relief in situations like this is overwhelming.

Very good advice from Gentl, rest for your both is needed and a few treats too.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm really glad that the meds seem to be helping Very Happy

I do hope you are managing to de-stress and rest a bit too, having a poorly bunny is so draining Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed May 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello helloooooooooooo

Binky hasn't had a fit for 9 hrs WHOOP ...

He has continued on his hay water mix via drinking it from syringe , we have been doing this all day.... tonight he just ate tiny amount of mashed cookie Happy Dance

When I put my face in the cage to give him a kiss he licked my nose.... ah

He is also having a go at cleaning his face .... COME ON BINKY Very Happy

Thanks so much for all your good wishes.....

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Sending a vibe top up for gorgeous Binky Boy!!!!

Come on Gorgeous!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Such great news, keep it up Binky!

Calming and sleepy vibes for you xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed May 23, 2012 10:43 pm

glad things are looking better top up vibes for binky Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 pm

This is such positive news!! Come on Binky! You can do it!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu May 24, 2012 4:46 am

This sounds like Binky Love is on the mend! I'm so glad cheers
to hear it! Both of you still need rest and YOU need some treats
too! I hope all is well and that you have had a good night.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs for you and a gentle scratch
between the ears. Thumper says I'm good at that. Very Happy

Top up vibes for both of you on the way!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 8:31 am

we were up in the night with Binky stomp time at 2am ... Id only got 20 mins sleep ...... he settled again so Ive managed another 4 hrs ...

He has just had another little fit , its when the painkiller wears off .... poor Binky.

Still syringing watered hay pellets , tiny mashed banana and cookie ...

Dx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 24, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Dawn,

sorry to hear you have had a bad night with him.

Does anyone know if EC normally causes this much pain?

When is he due back at the vets Dawn. Are they going to look into what is causing the pain?

Im glad that he is eating its a really good sign. He is very very very lucky to have you dawn, you are saving his life right now.

Im sending you loads of hugs - you must be exhausted hun x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 am

Katieb wrote:Hi Dawn,

sorry to hear you have had a bad night with him.

Does anyone know if EC normally causes this much pain?

When is he due back at the vets Dawn. Are they going to look into what is causing the pain?

Im glad that he is eating its a really good sign. He is very very very lucky to have you dawn, you are saving his life right now.

Im sending you loads of hugs - you must be exhausted hun x x

Thanks Katie, I was wondering the same thing about EC causing this much pain .. I think it depends where it effects... vet seemed to think so.....

He is in a bit of a state at the moment.... had another fit and is now catatonic / stomping etc .... he wont swallow when he is like this so I cant get his painkiller in him Sad My daughter knows how to syringe it , shes at work... Ive asked her to come home to give it to him....

Dont know what Im going to do as my daughter is going into hospital for surgery Sad Going to have to learn to syringe him today...

He is back at the vets tomorrow evening... want to try and get a urine sample to see what that looks like.

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 10:34 am

Painkiller is in and he is starting to calm down.

Here is what is says about EC , even though he hasnt got head tilt , he does run round in circles, vet thinks his head keeps trying to go into tilt but he is fighting it.

e. cuniculi: Short for encephalitozoon cuniculi (ecuniculi). A protozoal parasite that can cause severe illness in rabbits. Symptoms of e. cuniculi can include wry neck (tilting of the head to one side), darting eyes (nystagmus), walking in circles, loss of balance, rolling on the ground, incontinence, seizures, and paralysis of the hind quarters. Often, e. cuniculi results in death. It is thought that e. cuniculi is transmitted through spores in urine that are inhaled, ingested, or passed from mother to offspring at birth. Often, e. cuniculi can be present in a rabbit's body, without the rabbit displaying noticeable symptoms. Also called nosema cuniculi.

Found this paper... http://www.gwexotics.com/wccms-resources/d/e/c/c/c372dd60-9d0c-11e0-a685-0050568626ea.pdf

I presume as it infects their kidney or brain this is painful. Im still not convinced its not a abcess somewhere from when his tooth was removed last week.

Dx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 11:08 am

he is so bad tihs morning... just keeps fitting .. its been an hour since painkiller and he stil lwont calm ......just keep holding him .. think we will have to go back to vets.... not sure what else they can do, he has already had his painkiller .. cant stop crying....
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 am

I would take him to the vet hun Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 24, 2012 11:17 am

I would get him back to the vets hun straight away if you can.
If he has gone into stasis because of the not eating the pain killer will not get absorbed into his system which is why he is still in pain.

Is there anyone that can go with you, you must be in pieces.

Im off to my exam now but will check when I get in.

Im saying a little prayer for you both.

Katie
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 am

We had a bunny with EC and she started with the darting eyes from side to side, she fitted like every 20 mins and we took her out of her indoor cage and just held her and calmed her down each time.

We had rolled up towels all around her indoor cage so she wouldn't herself. It's not nice when they fit I know it breaks your heart to see your bunny like this.

Thinking of you and hoping Binky soon improves and finds calm Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu May 24, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm saddened to hear that Binky is not well this AM. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending all the vibes and love for Binky Boy! Love

I think I might just take my sleeping bag and pillow and camp out in the vets lobby until he gets Binky comfortable! Giving injections is not hard to do.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 1:17 pm

thanks .... we had a break of 1 hr 15 mins without fits.. even though he is still stomping on and off he did get some sleep.

When he fits I take him out of his indoor cage and cuddle him tight, it seems to help....

My poor daughter has just left for the hospital sobbing, she doesnt think she will see him again and doesnt want her surgery to go ahead in the morning... Ive told her she must go......

Sometimes life if really horrible.
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 1:34 pm

I think it is worth bearing in mind that E.C. flare ups can be triggered by stress so it may be a case of looking for a dual diagnosis. If his tooth is infected and causing him great pain it could have been what has caused a E.C. reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I think it is worth bearing in mind that E.C. flare ups can be triggered by stress so it may be a case of looking for a dual diagnosis. If his tooth is infected and causing him great pain it could have been what has caused a E.C. reaction.

I was thinking that, cos yesterday he kept pawing at his left cheek where he had his tooth out.... chicken and egg... but is EC to bad to fix now Sad

Ive managed to get some of his urine in a syringe to see if its any better.. for a sick bunny I cant beelive he has the energy to stomp so much....

Dawnx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Don't give up. Many people have got their rabbits through terrible e.c. Have you found the on the wonk forum. It is specifically for buns with e.c. and is run by the rwaf's ros (or she is very involved in it). This is the link

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/OnTheWonk/

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Dawn, we are here for you! Rant if you need to. Cry if you need to. We'll get mad at the vet with you too! Wink

Binky can come through this. I just wish they would get a REAL good look in his mouth. If he is pawing that cheek it makes me wonder.

Consider yourself Hugs .
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next