Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

+14
paullp
NickieM
fiver
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
Big Ears
gentl
KatieB
Amelia66
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Dawnbunny
18 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 2 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Dawnbunny Tue May 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Dawnbunny wrote:HI , you are the best... thanks for al lyour messages, just dont know how Id cope without you.

Things got worse this morning, his last spasming episode was bad as in his darted into his cage and bloodied his nose Crying or Very sad Episodes only last for a few seconds then he is calm again... is it teh pain or is it some kind of fit ? It only happens once every one or two. Vet has taken Binky in to watch him for afternoon.. I took a video in incase he doesnt do the spasming in front of the vet and the vet will watch video this afternoon.... Suppose to go back at 5.30pm.

Kate I have been syringing food into him watered down timothy hay pellets and little banana. He has been drinking ok.

Does anyone know if this looks like Binky is having a fit ? So sad cant stop crying......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTM8XMqnzZE

To Mike and I as we have both just watched it 3 times it look's like he is having some sort of fit ( we think and this is just us,) from intense pain .

Thank you t oboth of you for watching the video .... the vet thought it was due to intense pain.. its just strange it only happens once an hour or so even on opiod shot..... Id rather it be due to pain as long as we can fix the source... but savy vet due to look at him in 2 hours and counting.....

thanks again x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 2 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 22, 2012 1:02 pm

I hope the vet manages to figure out what it is and can fix it.

Please keep us posted.

He's a gorgeous boy!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue May 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I hope you can get some answers and a resolution as it must be very distressing watching him like that, especially when he starts to throw himself around Crying or Very sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Sending all the Vibes we can for Binky xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue May 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Gosh, you are both going through it. Did you get any sleep last night?

I really hope Binky is ok and that the vet can do something.
Lots of pain free vibes. xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue May 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Dotdot wrote:Gosh, you are both going through it. Did you get any sleep last night?

I really hope Binky is ok and that the vet can do something.
Lots of pain free vibes. xx

I got 2 hrs .... Binky got more I think !!!!!

Im going to try and rest now ... difficult when Ive just discovered my neighbours pond has a leak and I have to keep filling it up as the gigantic fish nearly had no water left.... pond guy on his way.... it never rains it pours...

Thanks so much EVERYONE for your best wishes will update as soon as I can later...

Dx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue May 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Sending lots of vibes your way for Binky, really hope he gets better soon, and lots of Hugs for you, I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you right now Sad
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue May 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Any news from the vet?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue May 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Katieb wrote:Any news from the vet?

I rang for an update he is sitting there calm ... good job Ive got the drama on video ! Vet hasnt been in yet ....

Will update when I have news....
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue May 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Will be thinking of you love, wish I lived just that little bit closer xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue May 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Lots of love and comforts are on their way hun, please let us know.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue May 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Lots of vibes for you and Binky, I hope they get to the bottom of this soon and it is an easy fix for him Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi,

Binky is home.... we are going with the EC idea , he is on panacur now, Septrin, vetsegic , metacam.

He has blood in his urine and protein which is why we are continuing with Septrin incase its an infection instead but cos of the head tremors think its EC.

Just managed to get some syringe fluid rescue in him..... poor boy. He has just had a bad head tremor like in the video just have to hold him down otherwise he harms himself bashing his head... Going to try and pad the cage out so he doesnt hurt his nose anymore.....

Prayers please.... x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue May 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Oh goodness hun.

Im sending lots of love for him.

Is the vet sure? has she done a culture to double check?

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 22, 2012 7:54 pm

I've got everything crossed for you and Binky, Dawn. Please keep us posted on how he is x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Loads of vibes for him Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh, poor little fella Sad Hugs

I hope the meds take effect and he feels better soon Hugs

And this is for you as you must be so worried Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Katieb wrote:Oh goodness hun.

Im sending lots of love for him.

Is the vet sure? has she done a culture to double check?

There wasnt enough to send off for a urine culture..... he is already on Septrin also . She did mention that it could be kidney failure but that doesnt go with the head tremors which make it seem more like EC.

Only issue is metacam cos of blood in urine she is not keen for me to use it .... but with EC its useful ...so not sure... he has had one dose this morning.

Only problem Im having is getting him to take his syringe feeds. Ive managed to get 2 large syringes in him , some of it dribbles when he just refuses to swallow..... hope he will comply soon, he hasnt had enough fluid today.

x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm

If you are struggling to get the recover in the make it up a bit thinner. It is much harder for him to refuse to swallow then. The other option is to order some critical care fine grind which is not just easier to get out of the syringe it is easier to get down the throat as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue May 22, 2012 9:41 pm

oh my,
poor little baby i hope he's okay soon Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue May 22, 2012 11:06 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:If you are struggling to get the recover in the make it up a bit thinner. It is much harder for him to refuse to swallow then. The other option is to order some critical care fine grind which is not just easier to get out of the syringe it is easier to get down the throat as well.

thanks , it is more on the watery side .... he has taken another 3 syringes tonight , last 2 have been thickened .... its a start...

His head tremors or whatever they are have lessened this evening, he only had one 5 hrs ago which is the longest he has gone.. hope this is a sign he is turning the corner.

Dx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue May 22, 2012 11:30 pm

I just watched the video and that isn't a seizure. I've seen rabbit seizures. They are much worse. I agree with the others that it is severe pain.

Our first bunny, Trooper Love , reacted like that from pain. We weren't sure where the pain was from. He was paralyzed from what would have been his 'waist' down and the vet said that because his spine was so twisted he couldn't tell the origin. Of course that was before I knew that most vets didn't know how to treat companion bunnies.

Whatever the cause I'm sending all the vibes and prayers I can muster for Binky. It should be about 2330 there and I hope both of you get some well deserved rest. Sleep Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs for you and a gentle scratch between the ears for Sweet Binky Boy! Love

singing a lullaby****
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed May 23, 2012 6:33 am

I think it's vital you keep up a decent amount of metacam Hun, if it is a kidney problem although it won't help at least he will be In Less pain which I think needs to be the priory. Did they up his metacam dosage?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 23, 2012 9:54 am

How is he today?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed May 23, 2012 10:52 am

gentl wrote:I just watched the video and that isn't a seizure. I've seen rabbit seizures. They are much worse. I agree with the others that it is severe pain.

Our first bunny, Trooper Love , reacted like that from pain. We weren't sure where the pain was from. He was paralyzed from what would have been his 'waist' down and the vet said that because his spine was so twisted he couldn't tell the origin. Of course that was before I knew that most vets didn't know how to treat companion bunnies.

Whatever the cause I'm sending all the vibes and prayers I can muster for Binky. It should be about 2330 there and I hope both of you get some well deserved rest. Sleep Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs for you and a gentle scratch between the ears for Sweet Binky Boy! Love

singing a lullaby****

Hi,

thanks for watching the video ,we are all agreed that the fits seem to be due to pain. He had another one last night when vetergesic wore off , gave him some more at midnight... then the next one at 1am was not as severe. Left him t osleep at 2am.

This morning he has had one fit and it was minor compared to yesterday Very Happy Will update more in a little while.

Dawn and Binky x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next