Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery

+9
FluffSlave
Rachel&Nibbler
gentl
Sparky
Vince the bunny
Tuckerbunnies
fiver
KatieB
Big Ears
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery - Page 2 Empty Re: Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 am

I've just been looking at the photo of Elijah again and he really is a gorgeous bunny, that beautiful kind face of his Love Love

I'm so glad he's with you now I really am Smile

Topping up the Vibes for gorgeous boy xxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery - Page 2 Empty Re: Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery

Post by Big Ears Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 am

Thank you so much for the vibes and good wishes

He's made it through the night - he's got past another significant hurdle of his recovery. Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I've just been looking at the photo of Elijah again and he really is a gorgeous bunny, that beautiful kind face of his Love Love

I'm so glad he's with you now I really am Smile

Topping up the Vibes for gorgeous boy xxxxxxx

Aww, thank you. I wasn't meant to be keeping him Embarassed I got him on the 2nd anniversary of losing Scrabble (avatar pic) as I wanted to do something good in her memory. I was only going to 'mend' him and rehome him. I was completely under his spell instantly - there's no way he was going anywhere. I saw him on Gumtree, the lady rehoming him said he had been dumped on her sister's doorstep and she had taken him on and fed him up because he was in a very sad state, she said she'd had him to a vets (or should we say 'her' as I believed he was a 4 month old doe - that's what her vet had told her.) FHB thinks it's more likely she knew who'd neglected him but found it easier not so say so. She definitely wasn't the person who neglected him though - I firmly believe that.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 am

Really, really pleased he has made it through the night! brilliant news. I hope this means he is well and truly on the road to recovery bless him.

Sending vibes and love to you both x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 am

Oh that's wonderful news I have been thinking about him all night , think he's going to be a little fighter Smile

Well done Elijah more healing Vibes on their way to you xxx

Thinking of you both xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:20 am

So sorry I missed this. Sending lots and lots of vibes that he's ok and keeps going strength to strength. What a lovely little guy, thinking of you and him.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm so sorry I've missed this!

Sending tonnes and tonnes of healing vibes to little Elijah and hoping he keeps recovering at a steady pace. Hugs for you too Hugs Hugs

The poor little boy has been through so much. How could anyone neglect an animal so badly that they had to eat their own poop? It makes me so sad to even imagine it No
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm

It seems that I have missed this too, I am so sorry darling for what you have been through. Eating his own poo to survive, who ever is sresonsible for this atrocity should he strung up!!!

Lots of loving vibes are on their way for you both love and please keep us informed.

Love and hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Thank you sooo much everybody. Love

I've just had an update to say that he's eating some dandelions Very Happy

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Big Ears wrote:Thank you sooo much everybody. Love

cheers cheers cheers well done elijah Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I'm glad he is doing so well Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And really glad he landed with you after such a terrible start Very Happy Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Big Ears wrote:Thank you sooo much everybody. Love

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry I missed this!
I'm so so so SO glad Elijah is doing well and eating. How scary it must have been but the HB's sound like absolutely amazing people.

I must say RE him eating his normal poo I'm a little worried as I saw Jeeves eat one the other day Hmmm

Last edited by Dotdot on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Well done Elijah! Keep up the good work little man! cheers
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 pm

how is the gorgeous fella?

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:34 am

Big Ears wrote:

That's brilliant Thumbs Up

I said he was a little fighter Very Happy

Topping up the 'healing' Vibes for him xxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:58 am

Sending top up vibes for Elijah! Come on little man! Your a precious bunny and your Mommy loves you SO much! Love
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks everybody for your kind words Love

fiver wrote:how is the gorgeous fella?

I only get one message a day when the patient is stable so after yesterday's late afternoon message of 'he's eating' I'd be next due a message at 11.00 this morning (usual message time) BUT Artie has an appointment with FHB for his bladder expressing at 10.45 for I shall be getting my update then. I guess there's a vague possibility that he'll be coming home but I think another 24 hours+ of care at the vets is more likely (I'd rather that be the case as I'll be very stressed about him, in the circumstances Embarassed )

I have a 'tempting fate' type superstition behaviour of not cleaning their cage until I know they are safe and coming home. (I broke this rule with Shadow and he didn't come home Crying or Very sad ) So I haven't given his pen a thorough clean yet, I supposed I'd better in case he comes home and I don't think I'm really making too many assumptions, yesterday's news was good. I need get rid of all the fluff and block access to his shelves - he'll love that.

Poor little soul won't look as pretty as normal as both ears are fully shaved and so is his belly - he must look a right sight!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 am

aww poor little fella Hugs Hugs Hugs
hope artie gets on ok and really tightly got fingers crossed for elijah to come home Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for you
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Love Thank you.

Elijah is still improving and between us we decided he should stay for another day. He could have come home but both of us preferred that he stay there as I'm not very hands on and he needs medicating and possibly syringe feeding so I don't want to hamper his recovery by bring him home too soon. *Hopefully* he will be coming home tomorrow.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:28 pm

It's great news that your little boy can come home tomorrow. Sending more vibes for him to continue improving. Well done for getting this far too little man! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:09 pm

aww i bet you can't wait till tomorrow Happy Dance Happy Dance
well done to you both and extra vibes for a speedy recovery Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
how did artie get on ?

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Brilliant news for you and Elijah Very Happy

I hope Artie was also fine Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:46 pm

THanks. Yeah, it will be lovely to have him back home. I have started to worry about his next stasis episode now though Embarassed I really, really need to be able to face doing the blood glucose tests myself.

Artie has his bladder expressed every 5 weeks to help control his bladder sludge. Although it's uncomfortable for him we don't worry about it too much. It is complicated though by the fact that he only has one kidney - we found out about the kidney stones he had in the poorly kidney straight after he had his bladder expressed though, so it was scary for a while. He's a very good boy, he doesn't need sedating. Adding it up - he must have had this done about 30 times now Shocked

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

gosh it must be hard to know thats being done so many times,
try not to worry about elijah's stasis till it happens again as it's hard enough for you at mo x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next