Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery

+9
FluffSlave
Rachel&Nibbler
gentl
Sparky
Vince the bunny
Tuckerbunnies
fiver
KatieB
Big Ears
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery - Page 4 Empty Re: Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery

Post by gentl Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 am

This made my day! I'm so glad Elijah is OK!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery - Page 4 Empty Re: Elijah has a blockage ... surgery ... in recovery

Post by fiver Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:40 am

wow go go go elijah cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers very good news indeed Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Great news! Happy Dance
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 pm

That is great news and I am still sendings lots and lots of love.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Love Thank you all, it was a very scary thing to experience but we're better for it because I had in my mind that surgery for blockage was the end but Elijah provided it isn't.

Well, the little guy went for his stitches out today - or should we say 'stitch' as he had taken the rest out himself I knew he'd been having a little nibble but that the scar itself looked okay, but the little monkey had unstitched.

I also got to see the x-rays of his run up to surgery - 11.00 am when things started to happen, ie the build up of gas and obvious that there was something not right and then 4.00 pm when his stomach was huge - it took a lot of room up! Then I also saw the photograph of his intestines and the pressure in the small intestine behind the blockage and how clear the mass was filling the width of his gut. It was really interesting to see it all in pictures. I did intend to ask for the pictures e-mailing so I could share with you all but after all the time FHB put in to talking me through what you can see on the x-rays etc and the implications etc it just felt too cheeky to ask to have it e-mailed as well. I so wish I wasn't so squeamish and was more hands-on I would love to be involved in this kind of stuff for a career.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Whatever you decide love, the very best of luck and we are all here to support you.

hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4