Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case

+7
Vivi
KatieB
Catsknickers
Grin
LilyGrace
Corrina
Jay
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case Empty MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case

Post by Jay Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:57 am

Following on from Charlotte's thread re: PACT, Helen from MMC has produced a press release and poster to as part of a campaign -
Rather than cope with the fallout we need to make some changes in the way rabbits are supplied and purchased, and put a stop to this type of problem. If these rescue cases involved dogs or cats there would probably be a public outcry. Rabbits are no different, yet much of the public is totally unaware of the abhorrent conditions some rabbits are kept and bred in. I just hope we do not have to have a Panorama style expose to prove just how bad the rabbit welfare problem is here is Britain. As one of our celebrity campaign supporters, Toyah Willcox, puts it; ‘rabbits are beautiful, responsive and intelligent creatures. They enjoy company and revel in being given attention’.”

Please consider forwarding these to your vets, other professionals in animals care and welfare, put them on FB, Tweet folk and/or other bunny owners who would like to support this.
The press release is here**warning, upsetting images**
and the poster is here
Wave

Last edited by Jay on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FB & Twitter)
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case Empty Re: MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case

Post by Corrina Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 am

Hear hear.

I reckon a lot of people who are unaware, would be up in arms if they knew about this. It needs bringing to the attention of the wider public, and especially the situation that the sanctuary are now in. But definitely the cause of it - this should not be going on at all. What I cant understand is why people go to pet shops when there are so many homeless rabbits already? We only have to look on local notice/advert boards to see "home wanted for bunny now Im bored of it" written on cards. And who in their right mind would want to eat rabbit meat when the poor animal was carrying infections and diseases? The next person who smirks at me about rabbit stew, will be gleefully informed about this, and I look forward to reeling off the list that has syphillis, pasturella, rat-bite infection, myxi etc on it.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case Empty Re: MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 am

Definitely going to try and spread the word!! How awful are those photos... No
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Grin Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 pm

I've exhausted all avenues on twitter - spent a few hours tweeting to celebs and anyone who may or may nnot be interested! Laughing
Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Grin wrote:I've exhausted all avenues on twitter - spent a few hours tweeting to celebs and anyone who may or may nnot be interested! Laughing
brilliant Thumbs Up I know the campaign is going cross-forums, which is great.
I forgot to mention FB and twitter (I don't use them, so don't think about them!) , but yes, the more tweets etc get to people the better Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm taking Thistle to the vets today, so I'll see if they will put up a poster in the surgery for people to see Smile
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Excellent will start getting these out on the social network. We have to do something.

And Corrina - Thumbs Up
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Grin Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Just to mention - i'm @grinseeker on twitter and there is a hashtag for this too #horsford. Thumbs Up

Here are the facebook campaigns:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=70956252032&ref=ts

&

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=70956252032&ref=ts#!/pages/Help-The-Horsford-Rabbits/183990841619500

Smile
Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Brilliant, thanks for adding those, you're a star Very Happy

i'm @grinseeker on twitter and there is a hashtag for this too #horsford
I haven't a clue what language you're talking in Embarassed I feel so retarded Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Grrr I can't get on facebook atm it won't load HBWS frustrating! lol..I'll have to post some stuff later on there!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Added you Grin. I don't understand hash tags.. can you explain?
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 pm

FB won't load for me either at mo.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Will get on to it straight after work.

Lets hope we can all make a difference!!

Let battle commence!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Jay wrote:Brilliant, thanks for adding those, you're a star Very Happy

i'm @grinseeker on twitter and there is a hashtag for this too #horsford
I haven't a clue what language you're talking in Embarassed I feel so retarded Laughing

You are retarded Very Happy Wink x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Aside from here, I know no other people inteterested in bunnies at all... So I have noone to send the link to...

However, its a great idea to spread the word, its a really well put together piece. And I do wish people would respond to rabbit cruelty the same way they do for dogs & cats... I don't see why that just because they're smaller they're somehow less important..
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:23 pm

I'll forward that on to my vet.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Charlotte, I cant wait until I get the opportunity to say to someone "Oooh no, the reason I would never eat rabbit meat, is because the animals that are bred for this purpose are kept in squalor, and infected with rabbit syphillis, bacterial infections etc. Would you like me to email you some pictures?". In my snootiest voice!!

And....bloomin good effort everyone!! I hope this sorry story goes nationwide.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

What can I do to help? I am completely confused by the jargon though, retart number 2 LOL!!!

jO XX

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Grin Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Corrina wrote:Charlotte, I cant wait until I get the opportunity to say to someone "Oooh no, the reason I would never eat rabbit meat, is because the animals that are bred for this purpose are kept in squalor, and infected with rabbit syphillis, bacterial infections etc. Would you like me to email you some pictures?". In my snootiest voice!!

And....bloomin good effort everyone!! I hope this sorry story goes nationwide.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

FB has been down on and off for much of the day.

Hashtags are searchable and the topic can be 'trended' and tagged so we know how popular the topic is.

No-one is retarded - it is tricky getting the hang of it. I describe it as facebook status updates (no games etc - no ability to like/dslike status updates) and the aim is to share info - so unless you use direct messages, everyone can see convo's and your word! I've been on there a good while now and this is the only time i've used retweeting (sharing someone elses status update) or hashtags.

Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Same i am terribly confused but i just forwarded it onto my vet and hope they understand it better than me lol
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Printed off a poster and took it to the vets with me! They said they'd put it up Happy Dance
Really pleased with myself, cus I'm really shy and nearly bottled it asking Embarassed but my OH made me stop and go up to the desk on the way out Laughing
She didn't really ask what it was about but said they would put it up for me so that's good...when I can get on facebook I'll fill the news feed with stuff....I know a few ppl who own rabbits.
Also considering asking in a shop up the road which sells pet food to put up a poster, but we'll see!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilGirl Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:04 pm

OMG this is horrific!
I've joined the groups on FB and will do some Tweets too.
Will print off the poster and see if my vets will put it up for me. Did wonder if good ol' P@H would be interested in one but I'm guessing not Laughing
Was actually going to ring them up to find out how much they do know about where their rabbits come from, as you may remember my darling Shadow is a P@H bun Embarassed before I really knew enough about rescues and what not! So I'd like to know where he came from, didn't know how to start the conversation though, what do you think? Also I still buy his bedding, hay from there but think if they aren't getting from responsible breeders (and I don't imagine they are) then I'll be boycotting them!
E x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:59 pm

AprilGirl wrote:OMG this is horrific!
I've joined the groups on FB and will do some Tweets too.
Will print off the poster and see if my vets will put it up for me. Did wonder if good ol' P@H would be interested in one but I'm guessing not Laughing
Was actually going to ring them up to find out how much they do know about where their rabbits come from, as you may remember my darling Shadow is a P@H bun Embarassed before I really knew enough about rescues and what not! So I'd like to know where he came from, didn't know how to start the conversation though, what do you think? Also I still buy his bedding, hay from there but think if they aren't getting from responsible breeders (and I don't imagine they are) then I'll be boycotting them!
E x

Ahh I got Luna from p@H in the adoption section, but she was originally for sale, I do wander where her parents are or were No! I got Thistle from a breeders though, but had him dropped off here so I don't know the conditions he was kept in but they seemed really nice and he was and still is in good nick Wink!
Could be worth ringing up and finding out about it, I should imagine the worst that could happen is they say they don't know, in which case you can explain to them about the campaign perhaps...or possibly write them a letter?
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Argh I still can't get on FB can only get on it on my Blackberry. As soon as I can get on will post up this link. Going to see if my vetts will put a poster up.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Regarding the [email=P@H]P@H[/email] thing, I had an interesting chat with a member of staff there a while back. I don't know where the rabbits come from but I do know that the rabbits that they cannot sell as babies end up in the back of the store and then into their adoption center. The staff member said that there were 10 males out back in cages that had been removed from the shop front due to mounting and fighting with the other males. MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case 1148

It would seem that their adoption center is just really an outlet for the rabbits they can't sell and for customers who buy a pair of bunnies and aren't informed of the basic facts of neutering so they end up bringing them back for rehoming.

Last time i went there they were offering £20 off neutering if your rabbit came from the adoption center, the two males they had in there were spraying everywhere and needed to be fixed asap before they started fighting as they were a bonded pair. The staff members aid that the charity cannot afford to fix them cos they don't have the money even though [email=P@H]P@H[/email] do.
I wonder what happens to the rabbits that don't get bought in time to be fixed and consequently fight?
I wish id asked where the rabbits come from in the first place. The staff member did agree that people should be made more aware of the need to neuter their bunnies.

When I took Rosie in for her spey there was a really nice lady who had brought in her two does for speying as they had started fighting. They arrived in two seperate [email=P@H]P@H[/email] boxes (even thought they were small lionlops that could have shared one box) so I assume she had bought them at [email=P@H]P@H[/email] . She hadn't been told this may happen and didn't really know a lot about rabbit behaviour or vaccinations (she did by the time she left MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case 497709 ) Fortunately for them she decided to spey them to preserve their bond else one of them would have ended up in the adoption center, just like my Vince did after being told that he was to be kept as a lone rabbit as he fights with other buns. I think Faline and Hazel would disagree MMC poster and press release re: PACT abuse case 497709

sorry about the rant!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next