Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again

+4
Amelia66
Sparky
FluffSlave
Zo
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again - Page 2 Empty Re: Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Great minds think alike Fluffslave love, although I know we weren't the first ones to think of it LOL!!

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again - Page 2 Empty Re: Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again

Post by FluffSlave Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Laughing Jo!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm

P@H have a beaker with amounts and age and furry on them and give them for free you just read and fill to line Thumbs Up
unless you have flopsy in the house then she raids them Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Zo wrote:How much (weight wise) would you consider to be a handful Cheryl? I use a coffee scoop to put his food in so I think I will just give him a scoop in the morning and a scoop in the evening.

He's about half way through the bag of junior, so when I need some more I'll order him some adult food and start to change him over
Could you weigh how much you usually give him and let us know? What does he weigh now?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:54 pm

I don't know, I'll wrestle him into a bowl on the scales and weigh some food while I'm at it
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:00 pm

My pair get 25g between them. It is much less than the packet recommended amount. They weigh approx 4.5kg together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 pm

He is the grand sum of 810g (roughly) before I was feeding him 40g of pellets a day, but one scoop is 10g so now he'd be getting 20g a day
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 pm

I give marshall a tablespoon of pellets everyday, and thats all he gets. Needless to say i get mugged for them every morning Laughing
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:00 pm

His poo's are stinking again, I don't get it!! He'd been fine all week, and he's eaten loads of hay, I'm not sure what to do :/
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Have you tried putting some pro-c in his water? Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Yes he's had pro-c in all week
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:36 pm

He did a weird poo
Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again - Page 2 IMG-20120922-01129_zps0f0bd413

The left two are smelly normal poos, the middle is a huge smelly poo I found in his box, I'm fairly sure it's just a normal poo because it's hard and dry, right is a normal non-smelly poo

I genuinely have no clue what is causing this, nothing has changed except he's getting less pellets and he's starting chewing his willow ball, but that couldn't have caused it, right?

His bum smells again too
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:47 pm

They all look like pretty healthy poops to me, but they should not smell offensive. Do they all crumble apart very easily? How much is he drinking?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:54 pm

I think he's drinking as much as he normally does, I filled up his bowl this evening and he's drunk about 0.5cm's down (it's hard to say)

They crumble a bit but they definitely seem a lot moister than the are normally, usually if I squish one it's in pieces, it doesn't hold together much, but these break apart a little but are still very much one piece
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:48 pm

could he be not eating enough hay

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:59 pm

He's eating lots of hay, I always see him munching during the day, and I hear him munching at night, I won't give him pellets tonight, that seemed to help last time
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm

can he have a little fresh grass not sure if it will help but it has some neutriants
maybe try a different brand of nuggies no matter how good they are all buns can have different reactions

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:37 pm

We don't have any grass! If it is the pellets I don't understand why he'd only be having a reaction now, he's been on them for almost 3 weeks
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

have you spoke to your vet ?

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:22 am

No, I will phone them tomorrow and see if I can speak to a vet
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Good luck love, please keep us informed.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Its probably been mentioned, but have you checked his scent glands? Skye used to need them doing quite regularly as she would start to smell. Whenever they got bad, she would sometimes smell, but not all the time, it seemed to come and go. scratch Thought it might be worth mentioning.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:25 pm

That's a point - I wonder if he is leaving more scent from his scent glands on his hard poo because he has not been neutered yet....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Sophia, what did skye's scent glands smell like?

Sparky, he is 11 weeks on Tuesday so he's around the right age for it, I will phone the vets tomorrow and see what they say.
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Its really hard to describe, but its a very strong pungent smell!! If you turn him over gently (try not to trance him) and have a look at either side of his genitals you should be able to find his vents. They might be obvious, or they might look like little folds of skin or slits. Gently open them up, if they need cleaning they will look like they have what sort of look like pips in them. Its a smelly, waxy substance!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next