Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again

+4
Amelia66
Sparky
FluffSlave
Zo
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again - Page 3 Empty Re: Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again

Post by Zo Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Hmm I'll try and have a look, I gave him a trim in his downstairs as patches were starting to get a little matted, so hopefully that makes the easier to find. How did you clean them out?

Sparky, you asked me this yesterday I think, but Hector is drinking a lot more than normal, usually I only need to top his bowl up a little every evening but today it was really low, he'd almost drunk the whole bowl, and now he's drunk half of it (I filled it up this morning)
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again - Page 3 Empty Re: Hector is a bit.... stinky U/D smells again

Post by Zo Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 pm

I think I found them, two little pink patches either side of the furry mound I'm assuming is his penis, all clean. Had a little sniff of his bum and it doesn't smell anymore, he did a rare out of the crate poo and I gave that a sniff and it smelt fine, I will still give the vets a call tomorrow though.

Edit// His tummy also sounds gurgle-y
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Zo wrote:Hmm I'll try and have a look, I gave him a trim in his downstairs as patches were starting to get a little matted, so hopefully that makes the easier to find. How did you clean them out?

Sparky, you asked me this yesterday I think, but Hector is drinking a lot more than normal, usually I only need to top his bowl up a little every evening but today it was really low, he'd almost drunk the whole bowl, and now he's drunk half of it (I filled it up this morning)

It could just be that he is scenting his poos then. Marley and Dolly also stink now and again when they go into a clean playhouse or come indoors. I just used to clean them with some warm water, cotton buds and some gloves. Moisten it until it comes away without pulling at the skin, or until im able to pull the "plug" out without hurting them.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Ok, next time he gets stinky I'll check them (still going to phone the vets just in case)
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:07 pm

The vet is calling me at about 4 Smile
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Has he phoned yet love?

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:03 pm

The vet said to reduce his pellets right down for a couple of days, he thinks it's just the bacteria in his gut settling as he's so young, but if I'm still not happy with him I have to take him in so they can feel his tummy etc
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3