Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Sparky please u/d cautiously optimistic...

+20
Father Jack
Big Ears
Sixer
paullp
FluffSlave
Littleboots
SarahJane
gentl
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Yorkshire Debs
jolovesbunnies
JoeyBunsMum
fiver
BugsBunny
Amelia66
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
KatieB
NickieM
Sparky
24 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Vibes for Sparky please u/d cautiously optimistic... - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibes for Sparky please u/d cautiously optimistic...

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:51 pm

I am so pleased that the little darling is feeling better, I always love her little bunny posts.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Sparky please u/d cautiously optimistic... - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibes for Sparky please u/d cautiously optimistic...

Post by Sparky Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Sparky had another little fit tonight. I tried covering her eyes but she wasn't having any of that. She sat on the bed with my arms around her for a while but showed no signs of coming out of it for quite some time so I ended up getting her Hudad to help sort out a carrier as being in there on her own seems to help. She actually came round just before we got her in it, so we gave her five minutes in it quietly and brought her back upstairs and let her out. She's now washing the Humum smell off Rolling Eyes although she should be quite pleased as she did manage a little widdle on the bed No

I do wish we could find out what's wrong with her Sad the fits seem to be coming closer together and I can't help but wonder how many she has when nobody is here to see...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Do you think it may be worth setting up a camera to watch her when you cant to see how bad this is? i hope she is feeling a little better now and the cause is found out asap

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Oh Sparky Sad

Your humum might think I'm mental for suggesting this, but maybe she could keep a little Sparky Diary to see if she can spot a pattern emerging.

This is done a lot in the hoomin health world and it can be beneficial. Every day I would log what noms you've had, what kind of mood/temperament you are in, how you are health wise (were you a little snotty, were you really sleepy), if anybun or anything else has stressed you out, and anything else she thinks might be relevant.

I'm sorry if this is a silly suggestion, but it's all I have I'm afraid Sad

Feel better soon sweetie Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Really sorry to read today's news.

I don't have any wisdom to share but just Crying or Very sad for poor Sparky.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Amelia - we tried that but the only camera we had filled a hard disc in about 20 minutes Laughing 

Thumper - actually, that's a really good idea. We both thought, even before this fit, that she has seemed a bit quiet and 'off' the last few days. She's not been in and binkied under the bed at 5am all week. I know there wasn't any particular trigger this time as I was sat in the room with her at the time. Thanks Thumbs Up 

Big Ears - just knowing other bunparents sympathise helps.

Thanks all Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Loads of vibes for Sparky.

Did you ever speak to your vet about medication for Sparky when she fits. I have spotted a couple of sites which talk about using diazepam for buns when fitting.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:04 pm

I know in my professional life, we used to record the behaviour of a young lad with learning difficulties and when his behaviour went down (from the perception of his parents, carers and school), it sometimes was a predictor of a clonic tonic fit. It wasn't a definite, just something that made people more alert. So behaviour can be something to monitor.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:59 am

Oh, Sparky dearest! Bless your little heart. Love I'm so sorry you had another little seizure. Hugs for your Humum! I'm sure she was terrified for you. Rory says he hopes you are better now and gives you a nose touch for the widdle.

Others have had some good ideas. My Husband's middle daughter(I claim her Wink ) has seizures. She gets quieter and quieter several days before. Sometimes it is like she comes to a complete stop for a few minutes then she either remains spaced out or has an active seizure. On EEG her brain is in constant seizure. The Hoomin docs say to that stress is usually a major trigger and that it is cumulative over time. Whether that is true for buns or not I don't know.

Please get better Sparky. We all love you! Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:54 am

I'm sorry to hear this. I think the diary is a great idea.

I hope you are ok - It so horrible th watch and the feeling of helplessness is awful.

I wish I could help in some way and I'm sending you my love x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:38 am

Oh no Sad

I am so sorry I can't offer any advice/help, but I'm sending loads of vibes to you Sparky, and loads of hugs for your humum Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks all Smile 

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Loads of vibes for Sparky.

Did you ever speak to your vet about medication for Sparky when she fits. I have spotted a couple of sites which talk about using diazepam for buns when fitting.
The fits have been so sporadic that I've not really wanted to go down the medication route yet, but as they seem to be coming closer together and going on for longer I'll look into it further. Medicating Sparky is a problem though - she is so headshy that she'd rather hurt herself than let you near her mouth so it either needs to be something that can be injected or that she would willingly eat. When you say 'when fitting', is diazepam only used during a fit or is it something the buns are on long term?

NickieM wrote:I know in my professional life, we used to record the behaviour of a young lad with learning difficulties and when his behaviour went down (from the perception of his parents, carers and school), it sometimes was a predictor of a clonic tonic fit.  It wasn't a definite, just something that made people more alert.  So behaviour can be something to monitor.
Over what timescale, Nickie?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Diazepam is used to shorten the fit and can be given rectally. My understanding is that when a bun fits the rectal sphincter relaxes making this route of administration easier. I am assuming that it's anxiety reducing powers would also reduce Sparky's distress. I think it worth at least discussing with your vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:52 pm

We used to use a behaviour questionnaire monthly with this young lad and it was fascinating to see convergence between the scores of all the various people working with him. His behaviour would change and often, although not always, it was a prelude to a fit. The unit where he received day care used the graphs that I collated to inform staff that he may be on the pathway to a fit.

I would perhaps keep a daily log and note anything different or of interest and just see if you can recognise a pattern or trend of behaviour.

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:51 pm

How is she doing today?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this - poor little Sparky. Sending her big vibes xx
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 pm

How is our Princess today?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:03 pm

How is our little specal girl getting on love?

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Humum is on holiday now until next Monday evening so it's left to me to keep the updates coming.

Herself is her usual anti-social self today, although she did let hudad give her a nose rub earlier in exchange for a beetroot treat Smile
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Sending her dome more love xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Lots of love and nos rubs for Sparky.

Hugs Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Crying or Very sad Hudad went upstairs with Sparky's veg and found her under the bed scanning and circling to the left. She'd just had an accident on the carpet, a small pile of poops and a bright yellow wee. It took half an hour of hudad cradling her to get her to come out of it.

She had an identical accident the other night on the landing so hudad is wondering if she had a fit then too Sad 
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Oh no Crying or Very sad

I really wish someone could give uz some answers. I hope Sparky is feeling a bit better now. Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:34 pm

At the moment she is busy steaming quietly into hay sat in her freshly cleaned litter tray. Not that she'll admit to eating something as mundane as hay of course Laughing
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Lots of love for Sparky! I'm glad you were there to cuddle her as she seems to be a Daddy's little Princess. Get better soonest Sparky! Love 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next