Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Hermy and Janak - She's gone

+25
Becki
Jay
DixieLuBun
*Spider*
KathyT
FudgesMummy
Lola_Lotta
-Deepa
Happy Hoppers
rallybunny
racheld69
Rosie Rabbit
coco
Rice
Josephine
senatorvass
NickieM
buddabun
Tracyuk
SarahJane
Catsknickers
thumpersmum
Kirsty&Lola
Sixer
Snowy
29 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Vibes for Hermy and Janak - She's gone - Page 6 Empty Re: Vibes for Hermy and Janak - She's gone

Post by Sixer Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Janak, I am sat here in tears too.

Hugs as always.

Binky free big brave girl xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Hermy and Janak - She's gone - Page 6 Empty Re: Vibes for Hermy and Janak - She's gone

Post by NickieM Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:34 pm

I am so sorry that Hermy has gone to the bridge. You and Theo did absolutely everything that could have been done, but she was just too ill.

Hugs to you and Oscar. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Peanut Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:45 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Binky free Hermy.
Peanut
Peanut
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:37 pm

I am so sorry Janak. I don't really know what to say. I know words won't help ease your pain right now. Hermy was such a brave girl, fighting all the way. We are all thinking of you and Oscar at such a terribly heartbreaking time.

Take care of yourself.

Binky Free Baby Girl x x x
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Oh no, I am heartbroken for you and your family Janak. This is so sad, hugs to you all and to Theo, you did everything possible.
Nose rubs fro Oscar.
Sleep tight Hermione.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:02 pm

I am so sad and gutted to hear this news and my thoughts are with you and Oscar. As everyone has already said, we all desperatly wanted her to get better and I have been watching this post hoping for good news I cant believe it. She was such a fighter.
Binky free Hermione
x x x
Crying or Very sad
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:09 pm

I was absolutely heartbroken when I read about poor Hermy, I have been in tears all day. Janak sweetheart, I am SO incredibly sorry. You loved her SO much, and took such extraordinarily good care of her.....and she knew it. These past days have been SO horrible for you, and your gorgeous girl was SUCH a fighter. There is absolutely NOTHING in this world that I could possdibly say right now that would make you feel any better at ALL.....but just know that you are in my thoughts, and I wish SO much that I could take the pain away. HUGE :Hugs: to you. XXXXX
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:31 pm

I feel the same as everyone else on the forum absolute heartache. When Charlotte told me my kids were there as well and as she has already posted they too were devistated she was very much a well loved bunster and will never be forgotten. Our thoughts are with you and Oscar Crying or Very sad .
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Janak, I am so very sorry, I wish I could have done more for her, I feel absolutely gutted, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Theo, I know you couldn't have done more for her, we tried EVERYTHING, but she didn't respond to anything we were giving her. You have been so paitent and loving with her, and I know how much she captured your heart too. It is heartbreaking we did lose her, but it was inevatable.
My heart just dropped when I went outside to lock up Oscar, and he was just sitting in the middle of the lawn looking so lost. The good thing is he is eating ok, but he is SO lonely. I now have two single MALE buns, and I know both of them will benifit greatly from the company so the right thing to do is to bond them. I just miss her so much, and i will never forget about her.

Post mortem results came back - it has confirmed we could not have helped her, and we have done EVERYTHING to help her....
Hermy had an enlarged heart, and a thin lining of her heart wall. This is due to her big size, so its in her breed. The enlarged heart made Hermy react very badly to the anesthetic, which must have caused her stress. The stress caused the statis. I don't think she responded well to meds becuase of the enlarged heart, and I think thats why she kept going downhill....

god i miss her so much...my heart is aching so much for her. I need to think positvely now for Oscar and George, and just hope they can find love. Nobun can ever replace her, she was SO special, and I just feel lke total poo, and i just want her back. Those baby bunnies were definatley a sign, even Theo thinks it! I know she is looking down on us all, and appreciating all that we did for her.
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Janak I am bawling again. I can't get you all out of my mind. Just please know I am thinking of you. You are being so brave. Well done hun. I have lit a candle for her in the group candles my lovely. May her soul light up the bridge xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 am

There are no words... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:23 am

I couldn't sleep last night. Thinking about Hermione. Crying or Very sad

Poor Oscar must be so upset as well, your posts have set me off again Janak. It's so tragic that this happened to sweet Hermione but at least now you both know there was nothing you could have done. You did so much for her, both of you.

I really don't know what to say. I am at a loss for words with this. I can't believe it Sad

I'm so sorry.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:56 am

Janak, hope you have managed to get some sleep.

Poor Hermy, with her heart. I hope you can find a little comfort in knowing that you and Theo had done everything you could.

Big hugs to you and Oscar today xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola_Lotta Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:30 am

Oh how heartbreaking, I am thinking of you at this sad, sad time ((hugs))
Lola_Lotta
Lola_Lotta
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:58 am

I think you both should be very proud of yourselves. It is very hard to be able to give all of yourself to one hopelessly ailing creature and to carry on despite all the frustraions when it feels like everything you do is chucked back in your face and that you have acted in vain.

What I have come to realise over the past 24 hours (call it a revelation if you will) is that whilst you don't come out of these situations with the result you wanted, you equally don't leave them empty handed. The blood, sweat & tears have earned you the self-respect to know you did everything you possibly could and can look back safe in that knowledge and know that you are completely blameless regarding the outcome. You have also earned an immeasureable amount of knowledge that will stand you & another rabbit (or several) in good stead in the future.

It won't feel like this now, and may not several weeks, but you will be able to look back in time and see what you truely did for Hermione and that it was a situation where nothing ever would have been enough, because there was no miraculous solution to be found.

I do hope though, that the PM results can give you some additional answers as for some people that feeling of 'Why' can hang around for a long time.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I am glad that you had a PM performed. Because it proves to you and Theo that there was nothing that could have been done to save her. It was nothing that you didn't do, it was just bad luck.

Hoping that you can start to remember her with a smile soon.

Lots of love xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:52 pm

I am so sorry. I am gutted for you. I have been off line for several days due to migraine and this is the first thing I saw while checking back in tonight.

I am so so sorry. I am just broken hearted for you Janak and also Theo who nursed Hermy so lovingly as well.

Binky free Hermy. Much love.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6