Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benji & Izzy - Mini update.

+12
Josephine
Catsknickers
bunnymadhouse
Rhianna
KatieB
ElleyMay
Sixer
NickieM
Big Ears
Kirsty&Lola
Happy Hoppers
LilleJente
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Benji & Izzy - Mini update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Benji & Izzy - Mini update.

Post by LilleJente Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:46 pm

You know what makes things worse - no one round me seems to get how bad this is. They just keep telling me to cheer up, look at the other bunnies, but the others aren't Benji and they aren't Ivy, I love them yes, but the bond between me and my boys and bracken was so special, Fudge, and Izzy and Cassie I love them so much, but - I'm just the feeding human, Benji and Ivy and Bracken I was part of their group, I'd lay down nose to nose with the 3 of them, I'm not ready to loose my last link. Not my Benji, not my last snuggle bunny. This is just killing me Sad
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Sad

Sending you and Benji lots and lots of vibes! Hugs
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Really sorry this is happening Kirsty, you've had so much to cope with recently. Sad

Lots of vibes being sent for Benji and hugs for you Hugs
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 am

Well Benji is home!! Hmmm

I went to visit him this morning and he haddn't been brought back over, so I drove up to stafford with the intention of bringing him back myself. I get to stafford and they were confused as to who had told me I could take him home, and I explained I was just visiting, and could take him back to bloxwich if needed, but they said he was fine and could go home, then gave me a funny look when i looked shocked - I explained what had been going on and how much of a mess it all was, and they said the vet yesterday declared he had stasis and was fine now Hmmm Hmmm

He has a check up on wednesday, but I am so angry and upset and relived and all sorts. I don't think he had stasis, he may have stopped eating, but his bowels never stopped at all - I was cleaning up his bum, and analyzing his poo (to the best i could) every day!!! He was coughing and panting, and had a temp, he was wobbly and not able to hop and keep his balance.

I'll talk to Richard about him on Wednesday, for now I am just so glad to have him home and so glad Wizbit and Fudge took him back without any fuss - After all the bonding and falling out and surprise re-bondings of the last few weeks, my head and heart, are exhausted - I feel like I could sleep for a week.

Thank you everyone - I'll let you know what I find out on Wednesday.
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 am

I am glad to hear Benjis is safe at home with you again and his bunny friends.

I hope you manage to get an understanding of what has been going on - sounds as tho the vets are not really too sure Hmmm
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:22 am

What a roller coaster for you.

I am so glad you have Benji home. I think our fur family heal much quicker when they are in familiar surroundings with their furry friends and their Mummies or Daddies to take care of them.

I hope you get the answers you need on Wednesday and that Benji continues to improve and soon gets back to being a happy, bouncing and binkying bun.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Sooo glad you have him back with you. What you have been going through is just awful cos you're right no one understands (apart from the peeps on here) that actually its your baby that you've had to leave in the care of strangers.

I hope that they can figure out whats wrong with him and that he continues to be on the mend. I think you will see improvements now that he is home and can be looked after by his mummy.

Thinking of you both and sending more vibes for Benji's recovery.
Try and take care of yourself too hun. He needs his mummy fit and strong.

Hugs

Katie x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Sad He hasn't moved all day - he came home greeted wiz and fudge, and then went to the other side of the house and flopped out, and he's not moved an inch Sad non of his poo's are normal, I guess I'll see if he wants dinner tonight Sad
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm

So sorry he's still unwell, I suppose if his temperature is back to normal that's something. Sounds very much like the not eating is secondary but you could do with knowing secondary to what Hmmm Poor baby Crying or Very sad I hope you get some better answers off the rabbit vets. Hopefully his not moving about much is just recovery from whatever rather than being quite poorly still.

Sending loads more vibes, you know 'us on here' understand just how special Benji really:hugs:. I just can't believe how slack they were this morning No

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 pm

So I've ended up calling the on call vet who amazingly turned out to be mike (hurrah) So I explained the whole mess up of the last weekend to him and he basically said either bring him to me now, or drop him off in the morning at bloxwich - in the end I decided to keep an eye on him here as his temp was normal, and I've no idea what is wrong with him other then *he's not acting normal* and he ate all of 3 pellets pale very very slowly then gave up when to the corner and flopped (not hunched) he coughs/sneezes (it's hard to describe as either) every few minutes No Mike told me to call back if I need to, and I can always take him up later. He's put a note for in the morning that I will be dropping Benji off first thing - which was my main concern.

This is seriously turning into a nightmare - but I've decided on 1 of 2 things he is either really sick with something serious going on inside his tiny body, or he's depressed, and missing Ivy, he hasn't been himself for awhile - I've taken him to the vets a few times (since losing Ivy) asking them to check his temp (one of the reasons why I bought it myself) as he has seemed *offish* for a few weeks.
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Sending lots of vibes for him to get better. Maybe being home in a familiar place with lots of familiar smells will make him feel more comfortable. Hugs to you. xxxx Benji & Izzy - Mini update. - Page 2 901982 Benji & Izzy - Mini update. - Page 2 901982
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 pm

I really hoped being home would help, but I don't understand why he ate at the vets and not here Sad I feel I can't do anything right for him, he doesn't even seem to want fusses Crying or Very sad he just lays there Crying or Very sad
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm so sorry, how upsetting for you that he's just not right. Sad

I hope tomorrow sees him a bit perkier and hope you get to the bottom of it. Hugs
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Poor Benji Sad

Could his teeth be causing him problems? I know the vets will have checked his teeth, but I am not totally convinced a vet can examine all the molars in detail in an uncooperative bunny, especially the smallies.

Maybe you are right about him being depressed which has affected his health. When Herbie was bulllied and miserable he developed snuffles and syphillis at the same time.

Am thinking of you and hope so much that Mike can work out what is going on Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Sixer wrote:Poor Benji Sad

Could his teeth be causing him problems? I know the vets will have checked his teeth, but I am not totally convinced a vet can examine all the molars in detail in an uncooperative bunny, especially the smallies.

Maybe you are right about him being depressed which has affected his health. When Herbie was bulllied and miserable he developed snuffles and syphillis at the same time.

Am thinking of you and hope so much that Mike can work out what is going on Hugs

TBH I don't even know if they have looked at his teeth No this whole time has just been a mess all because of seeing the one vet who is just not rabbity at all!!!! As for teeth I just proved to them Fudge had teeth problems that they couldn't see til he was under GA, so who knows, Benji & Izzy - Mini update. - Page 2 423553 I will get them to check!!

Thank you - I hope he can figure it out too.
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:29 am

Sending lots more vibes for Benji and tons of hugs for you Kirsty. Hugs
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 am

This is just awful. I'm glad you got ahold of the vet you wanted... hopefully he can figure things out. Thinking of you guys lots, and sending lots of vibes your way!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:20 am

Thanks guys, I've had a rather sleepless night Rolling Eyes I am totally knackered - I made up a bed on the floor next to the house where I could watch Benji, and ended up having Fudge and wizbit jump all over me Laughing Though it was nice mr fudgums kept snuggling up for fusses Love - Though I did think I might wake up covered in pee, they were both very good Laughing - Benji got up once at 1:30am and went and had a mahooosive benji like drink of water - I tried to get him to eat (much to fudge and izzy's disgust) but again he barely touched it Sad - No idea what I'm going to tell them at the vets - I wish mike would be there but I know he won't if he was on call Sad I just feel so stupid taking him in and saying he's not right, only mike seems to understand that this is serious Sad
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:56 am

I hope they can find out today Kirsty, what a terrible few days you've had. Vibes and lots of Hugs and love for you both xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:07 am

Ill be thinking of you both today Kirsty. I hope that the vet you see (if it isnt mike) will take you seriously and find out whats wrong with him.

K x x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 am

Poor Benji Bun and poor you. I so hope you see a vet who understands that Bunny Mummy's really know when their buns are poorly.

Sending loads of healing vibes xxxxx

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnymadhouse Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

awww come on Benji ... get better for mummy Sad

bunnymadhouse
Rescuer

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Okay, Benji!!! Ohh my life this is really keeping me on edge Laughing

But finally we have a mini plan of action Richard has given him Baytril for infection, metoclop for gut stimulant and a pain relief 3 seperate jabs for 3 different things, he is going back tomorrow for exactly the same, with hopefully a small improvement, and for a greater improvement on friday - I asked what happens friday if there is or isn't - he laughed and said lets get to friday first, as he doesn't know. Bless him!! At least he's honest.

I asked about Blood tests and he said it could be done, but he has no idea what to test for - basically the labs they use take the blood work and test for whatever the vet asks them to test for, They can't just test for everything - which I'm a bit miffed about but I will take him else where if needed for that.

So as Richard is not around tomorrow I am seeing mike at Stafford - to save seeing the not so great vet tomorrow - as I know he will have no opinion on our *plan* and I'll be stumped again Rolling Eyes

Benji is not right, but I feel better today about him then I have all week

I also found out his treatment so far would of cost £154 which is surprisingly cheap Shocked for the amount of time and effort given to him - however i don't have to pay a penny!!!

I love my vets, they may not be perfect, but they are ever so good to me, and they have Mike and Richard - who *get* bunnies Love
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling more optimistic.

I came to ask for news and you had posted your update. Hopefully whatever it is will respond to the treatment and he will start to feel better.

Esme had a couple of episodes a month apart which we never knew what they were but it seems likely she had a fever, so probably an infection of some sort. Hopefully Benji will make an equally good recovery.

*sending more vibes*

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 pm

I hope he feels a little better soon Love
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next