Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

+13
marleyNfriends
troop
lizzi_b
JoeyBunsMum
Felix&Willow
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
icedancer
17 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  Empty Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:37 am

I've already been to Argos to get cable tidies, as I am convinced the home check would have pulled up the fact I have bare ones behind the TV (even though Florence isn't allowed there) so that's my job for this afternoon! Now I'm sat in the retail park wasting a bit of time before I head off to the rescue.

I'm trying not to be excited, but I can't help it.

Florence was also very happy and excited this morning. She was running after me honking and binkying all over the place. Its like she knows the plan.

Will let you know how it goes! I'm so nervous!!

Last edited by icedancer on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 11 times in total
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 am

I'm back.

I met all the boys, and the rescue got out the boy I went about, plus another boy who was nearly identical (who actually I spotted on the website and was annoyed he was reserved, but that fell through).

I had to give a first choice and second choice, and then leave the final decision to Florence. I chose the second bunny as first choice. Although he is bigger he is more placid, the one I booked to see is very nippy, so I thought for a house bunny that could be a disaster. I did have to tie up size v temperament, as ideally I wanted another small bun, but the less nippy one won.

They are getting back to me about a home visit, although they said no one has ever failed one, and when I can take Florence in. That will be next weekend at the latest, and we were thinking of going away next weekend which will be handy as I won't be home to miss her.

Its all moving fast now. Is scary!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:53 am

I'm glad it went well Smile

Isn't it funny when you go with your heart set on something and it all changes when you get there Laughing

I forgot to tell you that Dipsy and Po have become available again, but they have been separated. By the sounds of things, poor Po was being picked on by Dipsy Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am

Oh Wow are you getting another Bunny Carla?

*goes to look at missed threads*

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:58 am

Oh yes! I felt so guilty for saying the other boy was first choice too Embarassed I did talk to them about it, as Florences temperament is very similar to the original boy. They said that a more placid boy would probably be a better match too. But hey it might all change again when she goes in!

I feel a bit odd about naming the placid one Freddie now too, because that was the name I decided for the original boy Shocked But first choice bunny is currently called Chequers, and that's a dodgy pub near my Mother-in-laws house so he can't be called that!!!!

Are you tempted by Dipsy or Po?! They are gorgeous Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Oh Wow are you getting another Bunny Carla?

*goes to look at missed threads*

Yes Embarassed. It has happened VERY quickly. See my thread in the members section!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:06 pm

icedancer wrote:Oh yes! I felt so guilty for saying the other boy was first choice too Embarassed I did talk to them about it, as Florences temperament is very similar to the original boy. They said that a more placid boy would probably be a better match too. But hey it might all change again when she goes in!

I feel a bit odd about naming the placid one Freddie now too, because that was the name I decided for the original boy Shocked But first choice bunny is currently called Chequers, and that's a dodgy pub near my Mother-in-laws house so he can't be called that!!!!

Aww! Don't feel guilty. I'm sure they will both find a forever home soon Smile And as you say, let Florence do the deciding, she knows best Smile

No, Po looks too similar to Thumper, think she would weird me out a bit. If I'm going to get another single bun, I would go for one the complete opposite to Thumper (on great advice from Dee). So I would be looking for a male. Alternatively, I would be looking for an already bonded pair.

They are both gorgeous girls and they'll each make someone very happy, they're just not right for me Sad

Gawd, I don't even know if I would like another one yet. I'm going round in circles!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 pm

I was just going to say at the end of the day it's what Florence want's...not you Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:29 pm

What about Dave? You couldn't get much more different from Thumper!

I should stop encouraging you! Just because I'm excited about a possible new bunny!!

Should I get a second bottle and bowl for when he moves in? If it all goes well of course.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I was just going to say at the end of the day it's what Florence want's...not you Smile

Oh totally. She might not like either of them!!! I did say to them I didn't mind which one but they made me say a first choice so they could reserve him and know who to start with first.

She'll probably love having someone she can boss around tbh!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Very Happy
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
icedancer wrote:Oh yes! I felt so guilty for saying the other boy was first choice too Embarassed I did talk to them about it, as Florences temperament is very similar to the original boy. They said that a more placid boy would probably be a better match too. But hey it might all change again when she goes in!

Aww! Don't feel guilty. I'm sure they will both find a forever home soon Smile And as you say, let Florence do the deciding, she knows best Smile

No, Po looks too similar to Thumper, think she would weird me out a bit. If I'm going to get another single bun, I would go for one the complete opposite to Thumper (on great advice from Dee). So I would be looking for a male. Alternatively, I would be looking for an already bonded pair.

They are both gorgeous girls and they'll each make someone very happy, they're just not right for me Sad

Gawd, I don't even know if I would like another one yet. I'm going round in circles!!

Yes Thumper2001 never get another bunny because it look's like a bunny that you have lost as they are never the same and it can end up in heartache as you expect them to live up to the lost bunny and of course they don't. I could have given a home to at least 3 Pud look alikes but I knew I'd be giving one a home for the wrong reason. It's so easy when you are grieving to think a look alike bun will take the place of the much loved bun you lost and stop the sadness but it doesn't work like that sadly and you can end up heartbroken.
Great advice indeed from Dee .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:53 pm

You shouldn't need seconds of everything, normally they will share once bonded. As You know - because I harp on about it - I find the treatball takes away the territorial behaviour around eating as well as being stimulating for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 pm

OMG how on earth did I miss all this??????

Thumper2001 looking at buns!(maybe)
Florence getting a hubby???

Good blimmin times here on HH!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Katieb wrote:OMG how on earth did I miss all this??????

Thumper2001 looking at buns!(maybe)
Florence getting a hubby???

Good blimmin times here on HH!!!

Don't worry the whole thing has taken me a bit by shock too! The whole story is in the members lounge, and it was only Tuesday I think that the conversation this end really started.

Now the initial excitement has worn off I'm back to being a bit "woah what am I doing" but then keep checking my email to see if they've contacted me yet!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 pm

fab news Thumbs Up
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:32 am

I'm so indecisive! I'm now wondering if I've made the right choice for first bunny. I feel so guilty that I went to see the other one yet but him as second choice.

I keep reminding myself of the reasons, and I'm trying to get reasurance from hubby but he isn't playing along! I think its partly because I went alone, so had to make the decision alone, which I'm a bit rubbish at doing Laughing

I know that hubby will like the placid one, as he's always asking Florence to lay next to him on the sofa, and that's exactly what this bunny was doing yesterday, whereas the original bunny and Florence together will be like having the Chuckle Brothers. But he is huge, a lot bigger than Florence. I'm not even convinced he will get through the entrance to the house for the litter tray, so I think I might have to remove the front of the house, although not sure if the whole thing will collapse. I guess I can ask the home check lady, as she knows both buns, I might be remembering him to be larger than he is.

Either way I am still so excited, and Florence might change things again. Maybe it's just because I have it in my mind that she might prefer the other one, so I'm trying not to build my hopes up on one or the other.

Is it always like this when you decide to get a second, or am I just an indecisive eeeejit?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 am

There's no point in feeling guilty - if you are able to rehome one rescue bun, that's a good deed, even if it is not the bun you originally preferred. And if you have one that will fit into your lifestyle well, it's less likely to cause you stress and less likely to end up back at the rescue. If he is a big bun, then that's easy enough to deal with, with a few modifications to their living area.

Anyway, it'll be Florence who chooses Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:04 am

I think you should remind your hubby of Sparky's point. It is about who Florence gets on with rather than who will sit stillest on the sofa!

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:08 am

He's not bothered either way!!! It's me who's being the ditherer!

I just overthink everything!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 am

Sparky wrote:There's no point in feeling guilty - if you are able to rehome one rescue bun, that's a good deed, even if it is not the bun you originally preferred. And if you have one that will fit into your lifestyle well, it's less likely to cause you stress and less likely to end up back at the rescue. If he is a big bun, then that's easy enough to deal with, with a few modifications to their living area.

Anyway, it'll be Florence who chooses Thumbs Up

Sparky are you sure you are a rabbit as you always have good advice Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Sparky are you sure you are a rabbit as you always have good advice Very Happy
Who better to give bunny advice? Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

Just had email back from Rescue, their current bonding is going quite well so they might be able to take in Florence earlier than Saturday! I've said I can take her Thursday or Friday evening.

I've also now got the details for the Home Check lady, but they said again that's really not going to be an issue because they are indoors.

Its all moving forward!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 am

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

I'm so happy for you Carla Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks for encouraging me to contact them again or I'd still be wondering!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next