Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

+13
marleyNfriends
troop
lizzi_b
JoeyBunsMum
Felix&Willow
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
icedancer
17 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 8 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Just over an hour to go. Starting to get scared, I feel sick!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 8 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:01 pm

You will be fine Smile

I'm waiting for the "we want pics" campaign to start Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Feel free to start it!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:04 pm

I can't get anything done I'm to excited and I have to keep checking to see if they have arrived Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Hubbys late picking me up from work! Grrrrrr!

Will be about 430 that the updates appear I think!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:35 pm

icedancer wrote:Hubbys late picking me up from work! Grrrrrr!

Will be about 430 that the updates appear I think!

Right I can now get on with the buns Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 pm

They are home!

They were waiting in the hallway of the house for me, and as soon as Florence heard my voice she ran over. I opened the door of the cage and she was straight over to give me a kiss Love I was a bit worried her affection for me would be gone, but she was so happy to see me. Watching them together made me realise I'd done the right thing, she kept grooming him. He apparently doesn't return the favour "he is too lazy" the rescue lady said!!

I've been warned that they are both massive eaters, but he doesn't steal her food. He is a darling, a real lap bunny. He's being a bit shy at the moment, he had to be coaxed out of the carrier, and he is staying in the house at the moment. He was just plucking up the courage to jump out, then Florence went back in so he stopped. He is a bit clumsy too Laughing What's funny is he is a dwarf lop, I can't believe that I believed Florence was one!!! He isn't a jumping bunny, yesterday they lifted the lid off of the indoor cage and he had to be lifted out, whereas Florence was straight out Laughing So that may partly be the problem of him getting in and out of the house to the pen, so I might need to make a ramp.

Florence is definitely in charge, she's running rings around him so far! But he is a sweetie. I think he's just being shy at the moment!

I officially have two bunnies Very Happy Very Happy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

I am so happy for you , I'm all teary eyed can't wait for photos Very Happy

And so glad Florence was happy to see you Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:17 pm

He's still hiding so there isn't a lot to take a photo of at the moment!!! He is munching on hay though which is a good sign! Florence keeps darting in and out as if to say "Oi come out". They are currently snuggled up in the litter tray, I'll try and get a pic.

I will get him out for a cuddle later and get hubby to take a photo. He is adorable Love I'm in double love now
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:17 pm

That excellent!! He sounds like a lovely bun, bless him Love I bet they make a lovely couple. Im looking forward to pictures, can we have pictures of their setup too? With you talking about them having to jump out and the possibility if neding a ramp, im imagining all sorts! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Fantastic! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm so chuffed that you have them home and Florence has not minded the intrusion into her space at all.

Try not to stare at poor Dougal too much though Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Here are three photos of the two love birds snuggling in their litter tray. Also the set up (excuse the mess!). There aren't many toys in there atm to get them used to it. As you'll see, the set up is basically an indoor cage with a play pen attached, so there is a little jump up into the cage. And I have a bunny who doesn't like jumping Laughing

I promise I'll get more photos later when he (hopefully) ventures out.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 8 P1020120

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 8 P1020121

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 8 P1020122

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 8 P1020123
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:31 pm

She's now washing his head Love Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 pm

She doesn't look so tiny next to him now.

I would try covering the cage (or at least half of it) so he feels a bit more secure, and has somewhere to bolt back to if he gets a bit frightened Thumbs Up

Plus, if he can't see out so easily he might get a bit more curious about what is out there....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Thankfully he isn't as big in real life as in the original photos! Poor boy is so nervous, but he has eaten some of the veggie salad that the rescue gave me for their tea. I'm going to donate them some more money later in the month, they've been fantastic. There's more veg in that bag than I personally eat in a week!!!

If he doesn't move out of the litter tray soon I imagine that Florence will kick him out when she needs to use it! He slept in the litter tray at the rescue so he's obviously got a thing about them Rolling Eyes
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Love so cute and agree with sparky,he doesnt look that big now
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 8 Party
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Dougal is seriously moulting!! Hubby just put them both on the sofa for Dougal to have a brush and now there is white fur everywhere Shocked

Hubby took some more piccies too. I'll post them in "photoshoots" in a bit.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Awwwww the setup is fab, they look very happy and loved up too! Love
I bet your sat there just watching them, absoloutley besotted, arent 'ya? Wink
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:47 pm

I really need to go and wash up, but Dougal keeps looking like he is going to jump into the playpen and I really want to see him do it.

Florence is besotten. She comes out then has to go back in to groom him Love Both me and her Daddy have also had kisses from her which is lovely Love

Dougal is a sweetie. He is now sprawled out with Florence in the litter tray No That's not the idea guys!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 pm

He just came out for the first time Love The treats worked Very Happy Florence also enjoyed the treats No
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Awwww glad he is settling in bless him.

Its all so new. how gorgeous florence is soooo in love. Bunny love is such a beautiful thing!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 pm

I just had a look at Dougals vaccine record, and his VHD was done the same time as he was neutered, just before Christmas. I just commented to him what a rubbish Christmas present that was Laughing Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 pm

icedancer wrote:I just had a look at Dougals vaccine record, and his VHD was done the same time as he was neutered, just before Christmas. I just commented to him what a rubbish Christmas present that was Laughing Laughing

And what did he say?

ROFL

Youd have the fright of your life if he replied "Yeah, tell me about it!"
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Dougal said nothing but hubby burst out laughing!!!

Whenever Dougal comes over to me I give him a treat, and now Florence has picked up on it. This is probably not the way to go about it Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next