Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

+13
marleyNfriends
troop
lizzi_b
JoeyBunsMum
Felix&Willow
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
icedancer
17 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by Sparky Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:38 am

icedancer wrote:You mean I can come too!! I am litter trained but not spayed so am prone to hormonal outbursts at times. Is that still ok? Laughing
Humum says that sounds very familiar, and puts you one point up on me already No

If you can cook and run a duster around, you can have a pen all of your own and some free-range time in the driveway when the weather is ok Laughing

icedancer wrote:They are doing extremely well, so much so that we're leaving them together tonight. Very rare to do this on first day, but they seem to be completely in love!
They are in the hall, so we shall hear if there is any commotion.
She seems much less hyper having Chequers alongside, and he's chilled out
Will send photos tomorrow
I know what you are thinking now.... you might get them back sooner than you thought Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 am

You read my mind Sparky! I was sort of thinking "I might be able to get them tomorrow" Embarassed If they are getting on they may as well been in my living room than the rescue Embarassed

I am very proud of my little girlie Love

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:45 am

And I can make a nice curry and roast dinner if that's any good?!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:49 am

icedancer wrote:I had a reply last night Shocked

Are you ready?

They are doing extremely well, so much so that we're leaving them together tonight. Very rare to do this on first day, but they seem to be completely in love!

This I think calls for both.....

Hang on while I dust my banana as he hasn't been out for a few weeks ..............that's it

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 Dancingbanana-1

and for Florence and Chequers

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 BunnydanceBunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 Bunnydance

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:56 am

The dancing bananas and dancing bunnies Very Happy

I can't believe how quick it has all happened. It was only this time last week I met him, now him and Florence are all loved up Love I replied saying it sounds like they are made for each other.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 am

I'm just so happy for you and Florence and of course Chequers as his life has just changed for the best, a new girl to snuggle up to and a new forever home....awwww Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:00 am

He's going to be thrilled when he comes up. Nice massive pen, a sofa to jump onto and lots of love. I hope he'll be thrilled anyway, I expect Florence has told him all about it Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:06 am

icedancer wrote:He's going to be thrilled when he comes up. Nice massive pen, a sofa to jump onto and lots of love. I hope he'll be thrilled anyway, I expect Florence has told him all about it Love

I think it's one of the greatest feelings to have a single bun and bond it with another bun and then watch them snuggle up together and wash each other Love

unless you are called Rosie and Murphy that is No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 am

thats amazing news,cant wait to see pics Happy Dance
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:47 am

I'm glad to hear that it is all going well Thumbs Up

Try to not get your hopes up about getting them home early though. You will just be disappointed if it doesn't happen, and if they do come home early, it will just be a bonus! Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:07 pm

No photos yet Hissy I forgot to shut down my outlook before I went out so I couldn't check my email on my phone. As soon as I got home I checked, but nothing yet.

The people who run the rescue are away tomorrow night. They said originally that because of that they wouldn't put the bunnies together overnight until Monday. That's kind of what's giving me hope I might be able to collect them tomorrow morning. But if it isn't until next week that's fine, but I do miss my baby.

I'm about to clean her house out now. I need to get a larger foodbowl, she has a guinea pig one at the moment, but the two places I've tried haven't had larger ones. I'm not convinced that two noses will fit in her current one.

Do I officially have two bunnies yet?!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Aww you must be going mad without your baby!! Can you ring them and see how she's doing? Or go and see her?

As far as bowls go you might be better with two bowls! But as I've never had two rabbits I'm just guessing!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:20 pm

When we were out we were just around the corner from them and I was tempted, but I don't know if she sees me too soon whether it would affect things.

I'm trying not to email them again, as I replied to their email this morning saying I would be looking forward to seeing the piccies, so I don't want to bug them too much Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Annie and charlie have a bowl each. But Annie just uses this as an excuse to stick her face in his and help him finish his before moving onto her own!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Sparky wrote:
icedancer wrote:You mean I can come too!! I am litter trained but not spayed so am prone to hormonal outbursts at times. Is that still ok? Laughing
Humum says that sounds very familiar, and puts you one point up on me already No

If you can cook and run a duster around, you can have a pen all of your own and some free-range time in the driveway when the weather is ok Laughing

That's an offer no one could refuse Laughing Wink

icedancer wrote:They are doing extremely well, so much so that we're leaving them together tonight. Very rare to do this on first day, but they seem to be completely in love!
I know what you are thinking now.... you might get them back sooner than you thought Very Happy

Great news Smile

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Maybe I should just get a second smaller one then. I was thinking I would get a larger for pellets and then use this smallish one for readi-grass. I'm half hoping boy bunny might teach Florence how to use a hay rack so that all her nice nomming hay doesn't get trampled flat when she's having her mad moments.

I need to go to a pet shop again tomorrow anyway. One of the recommendations following the home visit was to get somewhere for new bunny to hide, and for them to go to get away from each other. When I dropped Florence off at the rescue she had a lovely wicker/willow thing that was like half of a tunnel which she really loved so I'm hoping to find one.

The house has been flooded with water/washing powder (well liquid), scrubbed, rinsed and is now drying. I think I might be just about there now. Pen is all ready to go back up and the top for the pen is out in case boy bunny decides it would be a good game to scale it. I've just got to shred a load of newspaper, as I imagine litter tray will have to be changed twice a day from now on, and then I can just wait patiently for the email from the rescue.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Glad its going so brilliantly! Goodness you must be excited!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:57 pm

HOT OFF THE PRESS UPDATE!!!

Typically came through just as I started cooking dinner!!

It was a quiet night apart from “that damn ball/bell thingy”. I think they were playing football with it !!

There was a slight tussle for dominance at about 8:30 this morning, may have been triggered by the addition of food pellets. They sorted themselves out quickly after they mounted each other – all part of the normal behaviour we’d expect to see.

They then shared their food nicely

They went outside when it was sunny – Flo seemed to like eating the fresh grass. Peace reigned all day.

Once more they are in the hall sharing an indoor cage. Tonight’s veggies have been added and they didn’t argue over who had what

A few more days should confirm that all is going to be good.

Bit difficult to get a photo of them both as Flo doesn’t stay still for long, the best of many attempts are attached.

May not get around to send an update tomorrow (Sunday) as we are out from late afternoon onwards

Photos being uploaded as we speak
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Photos

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 P1020837

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 P1020836

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 P1020833

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 P1020824

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 P1020822

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 5 P1020819
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:17 pm

How tiny does my little girl look in them Smile
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Oooh! Piccies! Very Happy

She did get put with Chequers and not the little chinchilla baby then. They do make a lovely couple Very Happy

Is the wooden thing in the cage the one you were talking about getting for them? If so, they look like lounging logs - Hudad bought me some yesterday. They come flat but you can bend them into tunnels Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Yes, they were put together just to see and it was love at first site for both of them Love How small does he make her look? I was hoping I was remembering him larger but nope, he's huge!

Yes thats the log thing, fab thanks for that Sparky.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Laughing I cant believe how tiny weeny she looks compared to her husbun! Love Love Love
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:32 pm

awww bless them!!! She is definitely a miniature!!! Laughing at least it looks ok when the female is smaller!!

you can get those logs from P@H and cheaper than the Hay experts! Buttons loves his!! even if they don't hide under them they are good for their teeth!! Thumbs Up
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Hubby has made a comment about Dougals size, I had warned him No when he got Florence he said I had to make sure she was definitely a small bunny. I told him size doesn't matter Laughing I think he just looks bigger because of her size.

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next