Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

+13
marleyNfriends
troop
lizzi_b
JoeyBunsMum
Felix&Willow
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
icedancer
17 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 2 Happy0192

Yay! I'm all excited Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But how are you going to cope without Florence for a week? Shocked
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Sparky wrote:Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 2 Happy0192

Yay! I'm all excited Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But how are you going to cope without Florence for a week? Shocked

I'm opening up my living room to lodgers, would you like to come and stay?!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

icedancer wrote:I'm opening up my living room to lodgers, would you like to come and stay?!
You really, really, really might want to retract that offer Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Na you can come if you like!!

I've been thinking up possible names all day in work Embarassed Florence is named after a cat who was at the place I had my wedding reception, but I was thinking that Florence is in Italy, what other places are in Italy which I could use. The guy in my office joined in, and said I could extend it to major cities of the world, and came up with Beirut and Istanbul No

So then I thought Florence is in The Magic Roundabout, I've already had a Dylan in the past, but I've never had a Dougal. But didn't know if that's a bit sad. I am 30 after all!!! But Florence and Dougal does have a ring to it.

Hubby keeps coming up with F names, Freddie and Frankie are the top two contenders from him I think.

Any other suggestions feel free to share!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:32 pm

There are plenty of places beginning with 'F' too.

Humum likes the word / name Finley (it's in Australia).

But for comedy value it would have to be Fuerstenfeldbruck ROFL
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 pm

How long would it take me to accidently put the f near to the uck?! Or that could be his nickname when he's norty Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm

The Italian name for Florence is Fiorenze which I always think is a much more masculine name. And Florence has notable churches called San Marco and San Lorenzo so I am thinking Marco and Lorenzo could be options. Or Mark and Laurence.

It's funny how you find yourself searching for names that go together. Bruce was named after the Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson. But I struggled to find an appropriate name for the new Mrs Bruce. She came with the name Toni from the RSPCA but it was far to chavvy for her. And Sheila seemed a bit coarse. Then I remebered my Great-grandad was called Bruce so I asked my Great aunt what my great Gran's name was - Florence. It seemed perfect.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh this is blimmin exciting! Awww Florence will make a lovely (if rather naughty) wifebun!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:46 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:The Italian name for Florence is Fiorenze which I always think is a much more masculine name. And Florence has notable churches called San Marco and San Lorenzo so I am thinking Marco and Lorenzo could be options. Or Mark and Laurence.

It's funny how you find yourself searching for names that go together. Bruce was named after the Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson. But I struggled to find an appropriate name for the new Mrs Bruce. She came with the name Toni from the RSPCA but it was far to chavvy for her. And Sheila seemed a bit coarse. Then I remebered my Great-grandad was called Bruce so I asked my Great aunt what my great Gran's name was - Florence. It seemed perfect.

Aww that's a really nice story of how Flo got her name. I can't imagine her being a Toni, she's far too elegant.

I do like Marco.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Home check is on Friday at 6:30!!!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:20 pm

I also get a little bit of a kick out the idea that no one expects Bruce to be a small fluffy rabbit. Numerous times he has been to the vets and surprised them. Last time the vet nurse told me she had been surprised but that she felt it suited him. And I took him in one saturday for an emergency appointment and the nurse said she hadn't checked the type of animal and she was expecting a staffie or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:39 pm

ROFL! That's classic!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Gawd, I don't even know if I would like another one yet. I'm going round in circles!!

I can understand the going around in circles. But I also understand that you are missing a part of your heart. That missing part is bunny shaped. Thumper is still there. It's that your love for her has caused your heart to grow bigger. And that is a fine thing indeed! Smile
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm

icedancer wrote:I'm opening up my living room to lodgers, would you like to come and stay?!

Do they have to sit next to your husband on the couch? Laughing
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Carla...I love the name Dougal that you are considering. Florence & Dougal. Dougal & Florence. Has a very nice and rather refined ring to it I think.

Of course one of my favorite Sunday school teachers had the name Florence. I loved that lady and we stayed friends until her death. So that name is special to me. And Dougal is an ancestral name on my dad's side.

I'm hoping we can get Thumper neutered when we get our income tax refund. Then go looking for a lady friend. You are SO lucky that they have the 'bunny dating'. I wish we had a rescue closer than 130 miles away(about 209 K). They don't do the 'dating'. He will make a good husbun.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm

gentl wrote:

Do they have to sit next to your husband on the couch? Laughing

It's not compulsory! I don't always do it Laughing Laughing

I think we've decided....on Dougal. That's if Sparkys sibling doesn't mind sharing their name? We thought that it's different enough from Florence, and also Maggie which is the name we decided for our dog about 5 years ago, and also Florence and Dougal does have a sort of ring to it.

I always said I wouldn't have embarassing names for pets again, after the shame when I used to take Bacardi the guinea pig to the vets Embarassed so this could backfire on me if I take them both at the same time. But especially if I do get the placid one, he does look like a Dougal.

Excited? Very!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Our Dougal is quite flattered Smile Ours is a nice easygoing kinda guy*, so hopefully yours will be too.

And Florence 'n' Dougal does sound right Thumbs Up

*or perhaps just a bit dopey, like the character he is named after Hmmm
Ted: 'There's a 'G' in Dougal'
Dougal: 'Where?'
ROFL
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 pm

"These cows are small, those cows are far away" ROFL

I can't wait to show him off to all of you!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Will try to wait calmly for pictures of Dougal. Well...try to be calm anyway. cheers
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:58 pm

OMG OMG OMG I'm so excited!!

Florence is going to meet Dougal tomorrow night!!! I'm dropping her off at 7ish.

This time next week I might have two bunnies if they hit it off well!!

Down side, tomorrow is my house inspection so tonight Florence is at my neighbours. So I won't have my little girl for a long long time Crying or Very sad
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 pm

thats amazing news
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm feeling a bit sad now Crying or Very sad

I got home and cleaned her out for her sleepover and the neighbour, and just started crying. I am going to miss her so much. I know I'll see her for a couple of hours tomorrow, but when she goes to the neighbours at 6 that's pretty much it for a week. Then our relationship will never be the same again.

I know I'm being daft, as it is only a week, and some members on here have lost their bunnies for good over the past few months, but I'm really going to miss her.

I love my black little bundle of fluff, even when she is norty, and I'm worried she's going to think I've abandoned her when I take her to the rescue tomorrow. What if she thinks that she's done something wrong and that she's never going to see me again? I wish she could talk so I could tell her.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:19 pm

She will be fine - your neighbour will spoil her then she will meet her scrummy new boyfriend. I am sure she will be thinking what a wonderful bunmun you are giving her a week of treats.

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:26 pm

i agree,she will be fine and shes going to have loads of fun with another bun
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks guys.

I think hubby thinks I've lost the plot, I keep getting into her pen and whispering to her. When she was a baby and hubby kept leaving me I used to sit in front of her house and tell her how I was never going to let her down, and I was always going to be there for her, stuff like that. (I know it's a bit odd but I wasn't in a good place!). I was just stroking her, and she was licking me, so I whispered to her "remember the things I told you when you were a baby, it's still true". I'm now in tears at my laptop.

I really need to man up!!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next