Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

+14
paullp
NickieM
fiver
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
Big Ears
gentl
KatieB
Amelia66
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Dawnbunny
18 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 4 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Thu May 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Sending lots of vibes your way, I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you right now Hugs thinking of Binky.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 4 Empty Re: HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY.

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi,

WE are back.... There is no sign of anything in his mouth, maybe was grabbing at it cos of excess grinding due to pain.

Urine still has blood and protein in it , no change from 2 days ago. This is very worrying .. I know EC can effect the kidney but dont know if its in this way.... also got to wonder if the anesthetic from last weeks tooth removal might have caused a kidney issue.

His stomach is sore , not sure if its lack of food or ulcer so he is going on ranitdine.

Has upped the painkiller dose vetergesic to 3 a day and will see him tomorrow. He had one of his fits when he was there, she still thinks its due to pain.. its just whats causing it....

He had a vetergesic shot whilst he was there and is fast asleep in his carrier... I daren't get him out yet.....

God Bless his little soul....

x

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu May 24, 2012 5:42 pm

You must both be exhausted Sad

I hope you get to the bottom of the problem and start making progress sorting it out.

I would encourage anyone with rabbits to learn to do sub-cutaneous injections, it is such a benefit to be able to do it with confidence when you *really* need to be able to. You can learn on a healthy rabbit by injecting saline at the vets - it what Humum needed to do with me to build the confidence to do it at home with the anti-biotics.

Loads and loads of top-up vibes and nose-rubs for Binky, and loads and loads of hugs for you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 6:16 pm

I really wish there was something I could do to help Sad

Come on Binky, we are all behind you.

We are here for you any time Dawn Hugs Hugs Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Sparky wrote:You must both be exhausted Sad

I hope you get to the bottom of the problem and start making progress sorting it out.

I would encourage anyone with rabbits to learn to do sub-cutaneous injections, it is such a benefit to be able to do it with confidence when you *really* need to be able to. You can learn on a healthy rabbit by injecting saline at the vets - it what Humum needed to do with me to build the confidence to do it at home with the anti-biotics.

Loads and loads of top-up vibes and nose-rubs for Binky, and loads and loads of hugs for you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

one of the reasons why I dont have confidence is I have limited feeling in my hands.. the vet and my daughter both think I may end up sticking myself ! Laughing I actually have stuck myself on a few times just handling the syringes Embarassed

If no one is here and he needs sticking tonight Im going to do it.. but my first option is to get it in his mouth.... Wink

Dawn

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I really wish there was something I could do to help Sad

Come on Binky, we are all behind you.

We are here for you any time Dawn Hugs Hugs Hugs

thank you ..... within 1 hr of painkiller from the vet his fits stopped , he has been sleeping and has now had 4 syringes full of critical care...... GO BINKY Very Happy

I really dont know why the painkiller shot he had this morning did not work.. maybe it just wasnt enough ?

I need a nice relaxing bath... while I can Very Happy
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Thu May 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Hugs i hope this is the start of a smooth road to recovery
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 24, 2012 7:55 pm

What a horrible time you've had. I hope he is getting better now. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Thu May 24, 2012 8:18 pm

lots of vibes for you both! It's horrible to know a rabbit is in pain Hugs
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Dawn,

here is the link to John Chitty's Practice.

As your own vet cant be sure what is causing the pain, perhaps John can help?
He can normally look at the bun the same day while you wait and I think I am safe to say that he is one of the leading experts in his field.

http://antonvets.co.uk/

It is likely that he didnt respond to his pain meds this morning as oral meds are not properly absorbed once the tummy slows down. We had this problem with Daisy when he had his abscess, its a vicious circle - the pain meds dont get absorbed so they dont eat so they dont absorb the meds.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of what is causing his pain hun.

K x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Katieb wrote:Dawn,

here is the link to John Chitty's Practice.

As your own vet cant be sure what is causing the pain, perhaps John can help?
He can normally look at the bun the same day while you wait and I think I am safe to say that he is one of the leading experts in his field.

http://antonvets.co.uk/

It is likely that he didnt respond to his pain meds this morning as oral meds are not properly absorbed once the tummy slows down. We had this problem with Daisy when he had his abscess, its a vicious circle - the pain meds dont get absorbed so they dont eat so they dont absorb the meds.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of what is causing his pain hun.

K x x

HI Katie,

Many thanks ... Mr CHITTY is the man... but there is no way I can physically get there unfortunately.

Thats the weird thing the vetergesic (pain med) he had this morning was an injection ... it just didnt work ... we checked to make sure it went in ok.. the night before the pain injection lasted for 10 hours but this one just didnt work ..weird...

Its working now . He is still feeding from a syringe every hour... I might get the hard core out next...

cheer on the mashed cookies on a spoon. Very Happy

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Marian Ford in Cambridge is supposed to be a good rabbit vet. 01223 249331 - on Cherry Hinton rd.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 pm

I so wish that I could help Dawn, binky is so very lucky to have you thats for sure.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Marian Ford in Cambridge is supposed to be a good rabbit vet. 01223 249331 - on Cherry Hinton rd.

thank you for this , Ive heard she is good.. I dont have access to a car at the minute.... I will suggest the vet does bloods tomorrow see if that will shed some light.

thanks x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Katieb wrote:I so wish that I could help Dawn, binky is so very lucky to have you thats for sure.

thanks Katie, you just got to fight for them sometimes ... and bless him he has just eaten 3 mashed cookies and a tiny bit of leaf, and one nibble of carrot... he is completely off his head.... but at least the food is going in. Who knows we might get a poop next.

COME ON POOP x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 pm

It's brilliant that you are eating Binky, but COME ON POOP we are all waiting!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 12:18 am

Come on Binky Love Love ! You can do it! cheers Take your meds good
for mommy and hold still for your jabs! A scratch between the ears for
Binky and buckets of hugs for your Mommy! Hugs Another 7 Squadrons
of vibes via Haremail is on it's way!

To help you handle the needle better have someone put a pair of the tiny rubber
bands around the barrel of the syringe, one on either side of where your finger should
be. It will give you more tactical feedback and make the syringe easier to handle since
your fingers won't slip.

Here are two pictures. Place the bands on the syringe where it is comfortable for you
to push the plunger. The smaller the dose the closer the bands would be to the needle.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 4 100_0635

You cannot see it too well, but my little finger is against Cinnabun's back to stabilize the hand
that holds the syringe.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 4 100_0636

I hope this helps.

wow, I need a manicure! No
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 6:50 am

gentl wrote:Come on Binky Love Love ! You can do it! cheers Take your meds good
for mommy and hold still for your jabs! A scratch between the ears for
Binky and buckets of hugs for your Mommy! Hugs Another 7 Squadrons
of vibes via Haremail is on it's way!

To help you handle the needle better have someone put a pair of the tiny rubber
bands around the barrel of the syringe, one on either side of where your finger should
be. It will give you more tactical feedback and make the syringe easier to handle since
your fingers won't slip.

Here are two pictures. Place the bands on the syringe where it is comfortable for you
to push the plunger. The smaller the dose the closer the bands would be to the needle.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 4 100_0635

You cannot see it too well, but my little finger is against Cinnabun's back to stabilize the hand
that holds the syringe.

HELP PLEASE .... Bunny in to much pain... UD RIP BINKY. - Page 4 100_0636

I hope this helps.

wow, I need a manicure! No

ah thanks for your pics and advice, its much appreciated..... Im going to try and be brave.... x

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 6:53 am

I hate the mornings ... only had 4 hrs sleep and trying to get him starting to eat again in the mornings is tough managed to get ranitidine in and a little critical care ..... then he growled at me Hmmm

On a plus note ... we have POOP Smile

My daughter surgery is today at 7.30am and vet app is late 5.20 ... will update x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 7:09 am

Your Daughter, Binky Love and you are in my thoughts and prayers today. Hugs

Good job on the poo Binky! Thumbs Up
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 am

Yay!!! Poop!!!! Happy Dance
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 25, 2012 4:19 pm

I am glad at last that Binky went plop plop for her mummy. Come on sweetie, we want more of these.

Lots of love to your daughter too.
Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri May 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Yay for poop cheers

Top-up vibes for Binky Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,

Vet agreed that he seemed brighter today but still confused ... he didnt bash into any walls and seemed to know where he was compared to yesterday.

His stomach still seems sore ... he has eaten much more today mashed up cookie /care mix/banana.. but no more poops as yet. He wont eat juicy dandies or hard food.

The plan is to continue as we are, the pain relief seems to be working , hopefully can reduce it as we go through weekend...

Still going with the theory its EC , his head did seem to try and tilt this morning but not since but he is tanked on painkiller.

Go back Monday to see how he is doing, vet is concerned about the blood in his urine yesterday will look at it again on Tues... my and the vets worst fear is that its kidney failure.

At least he is not in pain at the moment.. God bless him ...

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Sending 'healthy kidney' vibes for Binky Love and also some
'stay pain free' vibes. Also some Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs for you!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the weekend goes well
for you both!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next