Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

+14
Tuckerbunnies
Josie
NickieM
paullp
Sparky
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Dawnbunny
Dotdot
FudgesMummy
KatieB
fiver
gentl
Thumper2001
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern Empty It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 7:16 am

Please keep your fingers crossed that it all goes well.

I feel so guilty already Crying or Very sad

Please also hope for Junior that it's not too long a day for him at home on his own Sad

Thank you.

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Tue May 29, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by gentl Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 am

I'll have you and Molly Love in my thoughts and prayers today. She is such an adventurous little love. I'm sure she will be fine. So get better soonest vibes coming via Direct Harermail! Prepare for delivery!

Hugs for you Hugs and nose touches for Junior and miss Molly.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by fiver Thu May 24, 2012 7:40 am

don't feel guilty it's for her good,(though i felt guilty every time so far,) Laughing
vibes for molly and her spay and quick recovery vibes too Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
and not a long day vibes for junior who i'm sure will fill his time with some norty schemes Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 24, 2012 9:08 am

Sending loads of vibes for gorgeous Molly and cuddles for Junior.

Hugs for you too honey as I know how worried you will be.

Try not to feel guilty you are doing a good thing. x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu May 24, 2012 9:38 am

BIg hugs honey x

I face this is the next few weeks with norty Deeva-keeping her calm and out of mischief is my biggest fear-she is soooo bouncie and extra naughty!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu May 24, 2012 10:13 am

Lots of vibes for Molly today, I hope everything goes well (I'm sure it will).

I'm sure Junior will enjoy the peace Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 10:24 am

Hope all goes well and Molly is home with junior asap x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks guys. They told me she was being done this morning and I haven't heard anything, so I guess no news is good news.

I need some pointers re her recovery please.... I know the vet might tell me some of this, but I trust the judgement of you guys Smile

I intend on locking her in the cage for a period of time. How long do you think is necessary before I can let her venture into the pen?

How long before I can let her out in the house again?

Do I need to keep Junior away from her for any period of time? (Obviously, I will let them see each other.)

I know not to put hay in the litter tray but is megazorb ok?

I think I am going to give her a corner tray because their ones have quite high sides and I know she's not supposed to jump. Please say if you think I am wrong in doing this...

Thank you for any pointers... I'm sure I'll have more questions later Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu May 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Waiting for the good news.........

Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu May 24, 2012 12:54 pm

I'd say minimise her jumping so if the litter trays have high sides then pop in a corner one.

I cant remember the exact amount of days Tigger stayed locked in the cage but it was between 5-7 days.

Don't give her hay to lay on just offer it in a rack or in a pile or something.

Couldn't tell you about the megazorb... I'm trying to think what I used as litter back then scratch

Offer her her favourite foods and don't panic if she doesn't eat for a while. Tigger didn't eat until I was asleep that night.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu May 24, 2012 5:06 pm

When Florence was done the vet said newspaper only in the cage, anything else could irritate the wound, other than a towel to lay on.

The vet also said she couldn't come out for two weeks, until she'd had her second check up Shocked She went mad not coming out but I did do it as she is a jumper. With Molly too there is the jumping out of the pen issue No

For the first day I had to hand her food to eat, so if she doesn't eat of her own accord try that. Even hay I had to hand her.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu May 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Sending massive vibes for you and Molly Hugs

Hand feeding her is a good idea, as Joey wasn't too keen on getting food himself. Make sure she has a water bowl near by and of course keep her in a confined area.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu May 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Deeva is booked for her spay on Tuesday. Was speaking things through and have been told to keep things as normal as possible and let Deeva decide when she feels well enough to resume her normal activities...obviously I won't let her go charging about but the vet said keeping her in her own routine is far less stressfull.... Hmmm
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu May 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Same here, I wouldn't use Megazorb, just newspaper in the litter tray.

When the outside buns were done, they were kept in over a weekend (done Friday, back outdoors on Monday). Rosie was completely zonked for 24 hours but jumping on things she shouldn't have been the day after that. And I was a complete loony - I refused to be caged but when I was let out I just settled myself behind the sofa to rest. I'm not sure how an active bun like Molly might take to being confined - I would play it by ear and not be paranoid about letting her out after only a few days.

I hope it went well - lots of speedy recovery vibes Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Thank you all for your advice and vibes, it's all much appreciated cheers

Molly was quite bright when I picked her up but she's now very tired Sleep and was struggling to keep her eyes open! I think now she is back in her safe haven she isn't fighting the tiredness.

She took a pellet from me cheers but she wants to sleep more than anything right now so I've left her to sleep and I'll try pushing some food her way when she wakes up Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 6:24 pm

I have left some pellets in the cage, hopefully they will all be gone in a few hours Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu May 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Awww sleepy Molly Love Glad she's home safely
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Glad she is home and recovering Love

I'd just leave various bits of yummy nom near her so she can pick at whatever she fancies Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu May 24, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm glad she's home safe!

Tigger was like that too 'just let me sleep mummy'

Nomming vibes for Molly when she feels awake enough!
When you see the first pop you'll jump for joy (or at least I did) Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Thu May 24, 2012 8:13 pm

lots of recovery vibes for Molly Smile
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 24, 2012 8:20 pm

I would give her anything that you know she just loves to encourage her to eat. What you want to do it stimulate her appetite so it doesn't matter what. Try chopping things up for her so they are bite size. I also soaked their pellets so they were easy to eat as sometimes that gets them going and gets some fluids in too.

I kept my does in a 'hospital hutch' that I had especially for sick buns and just kept them quiet and inside for about a week. Once we had lots of poos and wees and a bit of activity, they went back outside.

I am sure that Molly will make a good recovery. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 8:31 pm

I have tried her with everything but she doesn't want any of it. But She has just taken a fair bit of water from a syringe.

I don't think the heat in their room is helping, so I've got a fan going in there.

I never thought about mushing the pellets, thanks. I will try that later, she's having a snooze just now Sleep

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Fri May 25, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Glad she is home safely with her mummy.

How is she doing this eve?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 10:04 pm

She still won't eat anything, she's really tired Sad

I don't think she has managed to get any sleep because OH and my BIL are in the back garden making a racket. I'm a bit hacked off. One night of quiet for her was not a lot to ask for really.

Thanks for asking Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu May 24, 2012 10:07 pm

THumper how about you cover her cage to block some of the noise-put juniors next to her and lots of the hay she likes and some treats...dont you fret too much as she will pick up your anxiety..she will do it in her own time x
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next