Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

+14
Tuckerbunnies
Josie
NickieM
paullp
Sparky
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Dawnbunny
Dotdot
FudgesMummy
KatieB
fiver
gentl
Thumper2001
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern - Page 4 Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by Sparky Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Deeva, you will be fine. You go to a place where lots of people coo over you and make a fuss of how cute you are. You have a nice restful sleep then when you wake up people try to force you to eat all sorts of things (that was my favourite bit). Just when you are thinking you have had enough, Mummy comes and takes you home. You might feel a little bit funny and sleepy, and after a little while a bit sore round the tummy. So you have to take your medicines like a good girl (and without being a wriggly little Sparky Embarassed) because they will make you feel better. You'll get a few days of lounging around being even more spoilt than ever. I really objected to being kept in, but Humum let me out as long as I promised to rest behind the sofa. Even I could manage that Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern - Page 4 Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by FudgesMummy Mon May 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Sparky wrote:Deeva, you will be fine. You go to a place where lots of people coo over you and make a fuss of how cute you are.

But they already do that when Mummy takes me to see uncle Matt and all the lovely nursies??

You have a nice restful sleep then when you wake up people try to force you to eat all sorts of things (that was my favourite bit). Just when you are thinking you have
had enough, Mummy comes and takes you home.
Mummy already calls me little Piglet-does that mean they are making even more of a Piglet???

You might feel a little bit funny and sleepy, and after a little while a bit sore round the tummy.
I don't like the sounds of feeling a bit funny, a bit sleepy and having a sore bit around my tummy.....

So you have to take your medicines like a good girl (and without being a wriggly little Sparky Embarassed) because they will make you feel better.
What is medicine? Does it taste nice? I am a wrigglie bouncie Deeva...so wonder if I am part Sparky! Thumbs Up

You'll get a few days of lounging around being even more spoilt than ever. I really objected to being kept in, but Humum let me out as long as I promised to rest behind the sofa. Even I could manage that Thumbs Up

But I don't like being locks in my cage-you know thats! I even makes lots and lots of noise to get lets out or force Mummy and now Grandpa to fusses me.....
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Should a spay scar be flush to the buns tummy? Molly's is raised a bit at the top end (head end, rather than bum end) and it's was so long ago that Thumper was done that I can't remember if this is normal Sad

I'm also not sure if it has been like that since she got home because she wouldn't let me look properly.

OH thinks I'm being insane and that it looks better, but I'm not so sure.

Gawd, I hope this hasn't happened because I've been letting her out pale I had to let her out because she wasn't eating locked up.

Thanks for any feedback Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 pm

It's really hard to judge without actually seeing it but I tend to work on whether the scar looks angry or not. It's bound to be a bit pink but if it's red and quite puffy looking (or obviously oozing anything nasty) then it could be sore and at risk of being a problem but if it looks neat and not inflammed then it's *probably* alright.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Should a spay scar be flush to the buns tummy? Molly's is raised a bit at the top end (head end, rather than bum end) and it's was so long ago that Thumper was done that I can't remember if this is normal Sad

I'm also not sure if it has been like that since she got home because she wouldn't let me look properly.

OH thinks I'm being insane and that it looks better, but I'm not so sure.

Gawd, I hope this hasn't happened because I've been letting her out pale I had to let her out because she wasn't eating locked up.

Thanks for any feedback Sad

Sometimes they can be raised up a bit that's normal, as long as it's not swollen and red with infection Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Thank you both for your replies Smile

I called the vet a while after I posted and we are going to get her checked over tomorrow.

She won't let me get a good look at it because she's a flighty wee thing, so I decided I would rather they had a look anyway. And it's better to be safe than sorry, huh! Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Don't panic! Smile
It sounds like its normal, Tigger's wound was slightly raised at the end too but it's healed perfect.
It may get slightly crusty but as long as it doesn't go red, swollen or oozing it will be ok Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Dotdot wrote:Don't panic! Smile
It sounds like its normal, Tigger's wound was slightly raised at the end too but it's healed perfect.
It may get slightly crusty but as long as it doesn't go red, swollen or oozing it will be ok Smile
Thanks for this Very Happy

I can't get a proper look because she keeps wriggling and scratching me No

Hopefully the vet will get a good look tomorrow Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue May 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Oh I know what you mean with the wriggling. I couldn't check Tiggers wound by picking her up, luckily she flopped a lot so I could check then.

I still can't pick her up, she won't have it. I manage it at the vets though so I take advantage of that with the claw clipping!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 pm

I dont know much about spay scars but I bet she is absolutely fine.

Sending lots of vibes anyway though - I hope she is okay. Please give her a nose rub from us here x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Try not to worry too much. I am sure she will be fine. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 am

Do you think I should take Junior to the vet with us tonight? Or will he just attack her in the carrier?

I really don't know if it would help get them back together or just put her at risk scratch

Thanks.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed May 30, 2012 1:59 pm

I hope it all goes well! Molly Love is just so adorable! Hopefully she will be well behaved at the vets!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4