Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

+14
Tuckerbunnies
Josie
NickieM
paullp
Sparky
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Dawnbunny
Dotdot
FudgesMummy
KatieB
fiver
gentl
Thumper2001
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but thankfully, they have just finished what they were doing. (Did they read my post? Laughing)

Junior is going up to the pen very soon.

Thanks guys Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by Josie Thu May 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Glad Molly is ok Thumbs Up

Hope she has a speedy recovery Love
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Glad to hear Molly is home and everything went ok for her that's good xxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu May 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Thumper next Tuesday it will be me fretting over Deeva!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 pm

Glad Molly is ok Smile Eat up Molly Hugs
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 pm

I got Tigger home at about 5.30pm. She ate a little food that I gave the nurses in her lunch box Embarassed when she came round but until 1am maybe even later she ate nothing. She slept off a lot of the anaesthetic and then she felt like eating. I even had poos to wake up to.

Will check back in the morning Smile xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 24, 2012 11:31 pm

I've just managed to get some mushed up pellets into her via a syringe. I know it was maybe too soon to be doing that but I just knew she was hungry. I got some in her, not a lot but some. She was quite happy taking it, I wasn't forcing her. Then she literally fell asleep Laughing

Junior was wanting a shot of the syringe too so I gave him some water Laughing silly boy!!!

It's a 15ml science selective syringe I bought from the hay experts on a whim. I don't know what made me buy it, in the almost 11 years I had Thumper, I never once needed a syringe to feed her but boy am I glad I bought it!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu May 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I've just managed to get some mushed up pellets into her via a syringe. I know it was maybe too soon to be doing that but I just knew she was hungry. I got some in her, not a lot but some. She was quite happy taking it, I wasn't forcing her. Then she literally fell asleep Laughing

Junior was wanting a shot of the syringe too so I gave him some water Laughing silly boy!!!

It's a 15ml science selective syringe I bought from the hay experts on a whim. I don't know what made me buy it, in the almost 11 years I had Thumper, I never once needed a syringe to feed her but boy am I glad I bought it!

YAY MOLLY Very Happy
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 12:34 am

Come on Mischievous Molly! Love Love Wake up and nom nom REAL good for your Mommy! A
nose touch to that cute face and hugs Hugs for your Mommy!

(\ (\
(=' x')
(,('')('') Molly, my Mommy and I r happy that you are home and OK.
Shhhh! You can get all the special noms you want if you act like you
are are all sad and stuff.

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 5:55 am

How is the very beautiful Mischievous Molly Love this morning. It's midnight here so 6am there...I think. Very Happy I hope Junior Love is handling the separation OK. They are just so precious together. Smile
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 am

Morning!!! She is not too bad this morning! When I got up at 7 there were 10 poops in the cage cheers

She made out like she was starving (even though there was food in the pen all night!) but she only took a few pellets from me. I have been trying her with them now and again and she takes a few each time.

At one point she was trying to barge passed me, so I let her go, she went straight to where Junior was and pinched a few pellets from his bowl Laughing Not that he can complain, he must think its his birthday with the amount of noms he's had over the last 16 hours Laughing

He keeps chewing at the cage because he can smell the food Molly hasn't eaten No It's going to be in bits!!!

They are both currently munching on a fenugreek crunchie Smile

I'm soooo glad I always book the day after bunny GA off work. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on them both today Suspect
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri May 25, 2012 9:27 am

Glad she is doing okay Hun. Sounds like she is doing really well bless her.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Sounds like Molly is back to being her s Very Happy elf... considering she had major surgery. Poor Junior! Love I hope you can record their reunion when it is finally time for them to be reintroduced to each other. I know it will be priceless. In the meantime they are probably planning many a new escapade. Very Happy . So beware. Wink
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 12:43 pm

We have small black poo coming from Molly Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri May 25, 2012 12:49 pm

How small?
Have you syringe fed her anymore today? Maybe you need to do some of that, or try waving some herbs in front of her face.
Is she drinking ok?
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 12:56 pm

They're not tiny, tiny. About half the size they normally are and they are not normal shape. She just took some more food from the syringe. I really watered it down because I don't think she's drinking Sad

She will eat fenugreek crunchies no problem and I saw her nomming a few bits of hay but she just won't eat the pellets.

OH is coming home at two, do you think we should force some water down her with the syringe?

Thank you!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri May 25, 2012 1:01 pm

At least she's taking food from the syringe and taking fenugreek crunchies for herself.

If you don't think she is drinking then I would definitely give her a syringe of water. If she isn't drinking enough water then things won't move right in her belly and her poos won't be right, so this should help keep everything in balance Thumbs Up

Did you get any pain relief to bring home? I know some people do but I never did, I was lucky with Tigger that she coped fine.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank you. I will get some water down her Thumbs Up

No pain relief Sad I asked them and they said as a rule of thumb they don't give it. I think she's uncomfortable in the heat so I've just popped in a frozen snuggle safe Smile

Poor Junior got given a frozen bottle of water Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri May 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Her poops will be a little on the small side the Op and not drinking as much water due to the fact they feel to groggy doesn't help , but don't worry about the poop's they will get back to normal soon but make sure she is getting enough water especially in this humid weather.

They should give pain relief but some vet's don't and some give you some to take home, they should all give you pain relief to bring home .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri May 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Jelly didnt eat pellets for three days after her spay and had small poops, I didnt worry too much because she was pooping and eating other things, it all settled after a few days x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
...I think she's uncomfortable in the heat so I've just popped in a frozen snuggle safe Smile

Poor Junior Love got given a frozen bottle of water Laughing

Thumper Love prefers and Lady Love preferred a frozen water bottle. They
like/liked to lick the cold condensation off the bottle. I made
sure the bottle was clean on the outside and I figured it was more
water for them.

We have air conditioning, but Thumper Love is drinking twice as much as
he usually does because of the heat outside. It's not even June
yet and the temp is in the mid 90's F(34.5C)!!!!! I'm getting worried
as to what our Summer temps are going to be. Last Summer was
what we call here "a barn burner" with weeks above 100 F(~38 C)
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Thanks guys, all your advice/experience is very much appreciated.

I don't think she was impressed with the snuggle safe, she peed on it Rolling Eyes

My biggest irk right now is that she won't drink. We tried to syringe water into her but she wasn't having it. We maybe got a little bit into her tho. OH squirted it on her feet so she would wash it off Embarassed

I even tried her with some pineapple juice and she wouldn't drink that either. She loves pineapple juice and was definitely interested in it but just wouldn't take it.

I'm just going to have to persevere!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 25, 2012 4:16 pm

We are all behind you and here for you love. Come on little one, let's see you taking some liquids.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri May 25, 2012 4:53 pm

If she is being fairly quiet and inactive she might not need to eat and drink as much as she usually would. Can you leave a little pineapple juice in a saucer and see if she takes that in her own time?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Sparky wrote:If she is being fairly quiet and inactive she might not need to eat and drink as much as she usually would. Can you leave a little pineapple juice in a saucer and see if she takes that in her own time?
It is already in there. So far nothing. Apart from Junior going mental because he can smell it. I did let him drink some before I put it in.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next