Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

+16
Sixer
Rachel&Nibbler
Zo
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
fiver
Amelia66
jag
FluffSlave
20 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! Empty I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 pm

I came into the bunny room to give them their tea and found this:

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! 2013-01-06221506

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! 2013-01-06221501

I couldn't work out which bunny it came from until I heard Willow's tummy do a really loud gurgle and then a load more slop came out (sorry for the details).

There are really dark brown stains all over the room and the poop is like liquid. The few "formed" poops there is are all tiny and very dark.

She seems fine in herself although I have noticed she's drunk less water. I'm trying to work out what could have triggered this...

She's had no change to diet at all other than a treat stick but she has been chomping away at that since Thursday and has been fine. She went to the vets for a nail clipping on Friday but I doubt it's that as otherwise she'd have got bad before now...

I am very worried about her - I've never seen such an upset tummy, it is almost waterlike.

Mum is not home tonight and I have no way of getting her up to the vets now. Mum's rushing back early in the morning and we'll take her if needs be, but until then what can I do for her?

She's had nothing but hay tonight - Ings hay, so good quality stuff. She's eating that with gusto and seems fairly okay at the moment, a bit quiet...

Last edited by FluffSlave on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Just thought, she struggled whilst having her nails done at the vets and smacked her back into the table. She was making weird grunty sounds for a while afterwards but the vet put her on the floor to make sure she was having a hop around fine, and she was, but do you think she's been masking some sort of pain and this is a result of it?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by jag Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:39 pm

hi

it was probably angry grunts usually means they are ready to bite! could be a result of stress but the general rule of thumb with a runny bottom is get to the vets as soon as you can, but shes eating so thats a good sign, you could always call the emergency vet tonight for advice.

nail clipping is a pain the best way is to put them out for a run around on concrete to wear the nails down its a lot easier.

always have a bottle of Carrs bums and tums in the cupboard its brilliant!

hope shes ok im sure she will be ....: )

regards

jag
Banned

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:42 pm

The floor in their room is concrete.

Thanks Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm

oh really i'm surprised they don't wear down naturally, i really hope she's ok im not sure which one she is in your picture but they both look gorgeous : )

regards

jag
Banned

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:55 pm

She's the blue rabbit - and thank you Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

You need to get some water into her as you run the risk of her becoming dehydrated. i have no advice on what it could be, but best advice is get her to the vets asap
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 pm

How much water do I need to give her and how often?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:26 pm

She's just taken about 4-5 tablespoons of water willingly. I'll go back down and give her some more in an hour or so before I go to bed - I'm tired but I will stay up all night if I have to.

She has a big pile of Ings on the floor which I left her and Mojo tucking into. She seems okayish in her self, a bit quiet but still eating and moving. She's sitting a bit "hunched" though Sad

Will see how she is in the morning but if she's still bad we'll be straight up the vets.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 am

oh no!
it sounds like something has upset her tummy Amelia66 is right she runs a risk of dehydration I would put a bowl of water with pro-c in with them as she is drinking willingly hun.
talk to vets as soon as possible but keep a close eye on her Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
it could be shock too or maybe a tummy virus which she could have picked up any where including the vets.
I do hope she is ok Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:13 am

How is Willow this morning? I hope she's ok Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

Any news on how she is this morning? Ive only just seen this, i really really hope shes ok and shes all better soon! It seems Marley and Dolly's guts are a bit slow at the moment, and ive been worrying about them, but i think id freak out if i came home to that! Lots of vibes for Willow Hugs Hugs
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:49 am

Only just seen this hun - how is she??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:50 am

Willow seems a bit perkier this morning - she's still not right and her tummy is still off but it's not pure liquid like it was last night, the poops are becoming formed again but still quite bad Sad

I'm checking on her regularly and debating whether to take her to the vets when Mum gets home from work tonight. I don't want her to regress as she seems to be sorting her own tum out, but the fact is that this randomly occurred so I'm wondering whether she needs a check over etc, but she just gets so stressed at the vets. I'm not sure what to do...
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Please get her to the vet's as this could be a bacterial infection in her tummy and it can be very serious.

Digestive disorders in rabbits include both noninfectious (for example, hairballs) and infectious diseases. Intestinal infections are common problems and lead to diarrhea, which can quickly cause serious complications. If you notice that your rabbit has stopped eating or has other signs of a digestive problem, see your veterinarian promptly.

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

I can only advise on what I would do in your situation and it would definitely be a trip to the vet.

I'm glad she's perked up a bit though Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Thanks guys - I'll give mum a call and ask her to book Willow in at the vets for tonight. xx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Thanks guys - I'll give mum a call and ask her to book Willow in at the vets for tonight. xx

I'm just worried about the liquid that she's passing and I think it's best to be safe and find out what it is.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:27 pm

i'd definitely take her to the vets just to be sure,
and they may give some antibiotics to clear any virus or infection.
i'm sure she picked up a viral infection from your last visit to the vets maybe they had an animal there with something contagious Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:29 pm

She's booked in for 6pm with their rabbit savvy vet - will let you know how it goes guys Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

good luck willow and I hope you pee all over the counter for them just as a thank you Wink

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm glad you've got her booked in, especially with a savvy vet!
Sorry I missed this initially.

Is she doing normal poo with this liquid? When Jeeves first had runny poo it was liquid caecatrophes and was doing normal poo as well. Either way, it could be anything from a simple bacteria unbalance to something more worrying.

Vibes for Willow!!!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:33 pm

How is the little sweetie love, please let us know? Lots of loving vibes are on their way for you both.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Willow is doing okay, she is eating, drinking and moving around but she is definitely quieter than normal and I keep noticing her ears are going hot and cold to the touch so I expect she has a temperature.

The poop situation is a tricky one. I haven't seen anymore liquidy stuff since last night, but the only poops I can see look very healthy and so I expect they are Mojo's. There are a few dark brown ones but they are very tiny and not good at all, so I expect these belong to Willow.

I'm quite worried about her, 6pm can't come quick enough Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Willow is doing okay, she is eating, drinking and moving around but she is definitely quieter than normal and I keep noticing her ears are going hot and cold to the touch so I expect she has a temperature.

The poop situation is a tricky one. I haven't seen anymore liquidy stuff since last night, but the only poops I can see look very healthy and so I expect they are Mojo's. There are a few dark brown ones but they are very tiny and not good at all, so I expect these belong to Willow.

I'm quite worried about her, 6pm can't come quick enough Sad

Very cold or hot ears can be a sign of drop in temperature which indicate's she is not so well.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next