Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

+16
Sixer
Rachel&Nibbler
Zo
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
fiver
Amelia66
jag
FluffSlave
20 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Wilbs does not share your opinion of the Flagyl, Sparky! Laughing

I'm not going to stress her with syringes for meds though - she's much happier to take them off a crunchie.

I haven't got any Pro C no Sparky. The only thing I can get hold of locally is that "Tummy Care" by Beaphar?

Will offer Mr Mo some of the water - he loves it too!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Pro C was a god send to us Thumbs Up

Come on Willow!! We are all behind you!!!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Ask your vet - they can probably provide an alternative to Pro c such as Bio lapis.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:24 pm

I think she gave her an injection of Pro C or something similar.

She's just drank a bit of the watery CC and was eating hay when I came in so that's good. I'm just going to sit in here and observe to see how much she is eating/drinking by herself.

Her poops look normal but I'm not really going by them much as I've read they can still have Cocci without the diarrhoea.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:06 pm

I don't know what size syringe you are using for the CC but we always use a 1ml syringe as they are a lot easier to get in a rabbit's mouth.

Topping up the Vibes for the gorgeous Willow xxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Maysie she's drinking the watery CC quite well now, I'm not syringing it. She's drinking/eating it from a spoon.

She's getting lots of hay into her too!

This is good stuff Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Maysie she's drinking the watery CC quite well now, I'm not syringing it. She's drinking/eating it from a spoon.

She's getting lots of hay into her too!

This is good stuff Thumbs Up

Oh that's brilliant I'm so glad I really am, it's good she is eating her CC off the spoon as well

Oh Come on Willow keep up the good work make us all happy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Was just wondering - will the CC still be giving her any worth as food when I'm feeding it watered down like this? Or do I need to give her a mixture of thickness to give her food and fluids?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Was just wondering - will the CC still be giving her any worth as food when I'm feeding it watered down like this? Or do I need to give her a mixture of thickness to give her food and fluids?

It is still giving her all the nutrients and the hay will be giving her the fibre if you feel you want to make it slightly thicker you could do you can even add a little bit of baby food with it which is what we do with sick bunnies. We buy the Ellas Kitchen baby food as they are 100% organic (just don't buy the ones with rice in) they sell them at most supermarkets now.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Willow is poorly. Sending loads of vibes for her and masses of vibes for you. You must be so worried and the stress factor involved in trying to keep bunnies eating and drinking makes things so much harder.

I find that all my six drink more water when it is warmed. I seem to think the CC is as much as getting fibre into the bun as opposed to 'food'. If Willow is eating plenty of hay I don't think it is too much of a problem if the CC is very watery. Like Maysie I tend to mix it into baby food too.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks for the help guys Hugs

I am trying not to rush ahead and think she is out of the woods yet - but it is so difficult not to when I finally see her active, drinking and eating again after how she was. I just hope she keeps it up.

She is currently flopped out Love

It is adorable but I'm wondering whether it's discomfort more than relaxation, as she keeps changing position, getting up/flopping, getting up/flopping... Hmmm
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Thanks for the help guys Hugs

I am trying not to rush ahead and think she is out of the woods yet - but it is so difficult not to when I finally see her active, drinking and eating again after how she was. I just hope she keeps it up.

She is currently flopped out Love

It is adorable but I'm wondering whether it's discomfort more than relaxation, as she keeps changing position, getting up/flopping, getting up/flopping... Hmmm

They usually change position, get up/flop down when they have tummy ache, her tummy may be tender Bless her.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 pm

She's really tucking into her hay now - lots of poops and although they are still dark they are the right shape. We had some excess caecotropes earlier in the day but she was also much more under the weather earlier in the day.

I'm wondering whether this is Coccidiosis after all? Surely she would only be worsening with it, especially since we haven't treated it with specific medication. Although if it was just a tummy upset from food or stress surely she wouldn't have got so bad and stayed this poorly for so long?

Argh, confusing buns! scratch
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 pm

FluffSlave wrote:She's really tucking into her hay now - lots of poops and although they are still dark they are the right shape. We had some excess caecotropes earlier in the day but she was also much more under the weather earlier in the day.

I'm wondering whether this is Coccidiosis after all? Surely she would only be worsening with it, especially since we haven't treated it with specific medication. Although if it was just a tummy upset from food or stress surely she wouldn't have got so bad and stayed this poorly for so long?

Argh, confusing buns! scratch

Believe me they can be really ill with tummy upset and we have had them ill for half a day to a couple of week's with a tummy upset.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Hmm - well she had her nails clipped at the vets on Friday afternoon and got very upset with that, but she was fine all day and night on Saturday, and all day on Sunday, it was late evening when the diarrhoea started.

Can tummy upsets from stress be delayed and late onset like that?

I'm confused as to what to do with the sample now. If she continues to improve then I don't know whether my vet will recommend getting it tested for anything other than peace of mind - she thinks with the poops she has sent off they're not going to be able to tell us much about them anyway.

She is on anti-b's for anything else and I am wondering whether I need to pay the £60 on top of all of her medication, CC etc that she's already had if she keeps getting better.

Obviously if I find anymore unsavoury poops they'll be straight in for sampling, and if she went back downhill again I'd have a totally different stance, but from where she is now she seems to be doing really well.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Sounds like tummy problem if she's suddenly doing good shaped normal poo's now. As Maysie said they can be really bad with it.

Sending lots more vibes for lovely Willow, keep it up little lady!!!

And Hugs for you, I can imagine how stressful and worrying this has been xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks Dotdot - we're speaking to the vet in the morning so will give her the lowdown and take it from there.

Let's hope she keeps up the good work overnight now - it must have been all the HH vibes! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 am

I just read all the posts. You poor thing! Hugs You have been through it! I'm very happy Willow seems so much better. Sending mega vibes and prayers for the beautiful Willow. Love
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 am

How is Willow today? I hope it's some good news you get from the vet's

Like everyone else on the forum I am just wishing her to be well xxxxx

Come on Willow you can do it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 am

How is she doing today??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Thinking about Willow, hope she's still improving Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks guys Hugs

Willow is okay. I wouldn't say she's out of the woods yet but she is far more active and still eating hay well. She's being a very good girl and drinking plenty off the watery CC down, and will take all her meds off crunchies (her dream come true since she has lots!) Laughing

Her poops are still not good and it is a mystery. She is just totally overproducing caecotropes.

We spoke to the vet this morning and she does not feel it is necessary to send away the sample for testing. She doesn't think it's Cocci anymore - a lack of diarrhoea and the fact she is progressing steadily would indicate not. She has to finish her course of Flagyl and carry on with the Critical Care for now, and the vet wants to see her again in 7 days unless she gets worse. I don't think I'll be leaving it a week though if her poops don't start improving soon, as then it would be a case of she doesn't need anti-b's she needs something else - it's never ending!

But we're not too bad this end, just stressed but my little soldier is plodding on and Mr Mojo is looking after her well (and nicking her CC!) Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Is she over producing caecotrophes or just not eating them I wonder. The Flagyl may be making them taste unpleasant (cos normally they are really yummy pale) and she is therefore leaving them. Just a thought.

I am glad to hear that she is a lot brighter in herself tho her tummy is obviously still not right. I remember when Noo was first poorly it took a good week for her poos to return to normal. Are you putting Avipro or Pro-C in her water? I can't remember whether you said you are or not as that may help her tummy get back to normal.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Sixer - I'm honestly not sure. She doesn't really seem to be doing a "mixture", it just seems to be caecotrophes only coming out of her.

She hasn't had anything in her water - the only thing I can get hold of locally is the "Tummy Care" by Beaphar. Do you think that's worth a try?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm

So glad to hear Willow is doing so well it's all very promising Smile

Rabbits can do excess cecotropes for a number of reasons, it can even be due to stress and anxiety, but I think with Willow being poorly at the moment it has upset the balance of bacteria in her gut and so she is producing a lot of cecotropes which she will probably not eat.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next