Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

+16
Sixer
Rachel&Nibbler
Zo
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
fiver
Amelia66
jag
FluffSlave
20 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm

The vet thinks so too Maysie. If her poops haven't started to get better in 24/48hrs she wants to see her again.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 5 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by fiver Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:59 pm

more vibes for poor willow and kisses too Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs mwah mwah Hugs Hugs Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 pm

you could get some carrs bums and tums they deliver within a couple of days or maybe you live near to a stockist

http://www.naturalfeeds.co.uk/stockists.html

i know im always raving on about it but only because its good Very Happy

the crunchies may be adding to the problem but obviously if thats the only way of getting the medicine down you have no choice ...

regards

jag
Banned

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm

It is the only way - I think the stress of giving the meds through syringe would upset her tummy just as much!

The crunchies are supposed to be quite good for poorly tums Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 pm

oh i see sorry Very Happy i thought by crunchies you meant her normal daily pellets No

regards

Last edited by jag on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm

I'm glad Willow seems to be brighter Very Happy

I wouldn't worry about the crunchies - I think you'd have to have an awful lot of fenugreek to overdose on it (as I keep vainly telling my Humum Sad ).

I just looked up the Carrs Bums and Tums and have to admit I'm a bit sceptical about some of the wording - not quite claiming but strongly hinting that it would be a 'cure' for an awful lot of things. I'm not keen on the fact there is no indication of what is in it either. We'll stick with the Pro-C Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Hiya

so the crunchies just contain fenugreek Rolling Eyes

i use the carrs and it is very good ...

http://www.naturalfeeds.co.uk/about.html

but of course stick to what you are use to Thumbs Up

regards

[quote]

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Yep, Fenugreek Crunchies (her very favourite treat!) - Willow thinks she is in heaven at the moment getting three-five a day Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:29 pm

are they the treats from boredom breakers ??

regards

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 pm

They're Rosewood Naturals Fenugreek Crunchies
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm

oh yes from boredom breakers the only thing about them is they are very low in fibre as they are treats....and actually probably contain more corn than fenugreek

but totally understand why fluffslave is using them

regards

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm

I think it's kind of irrelevant in this case since she is only giving her so many in order to get the medicine into Willow without causing her stress- it's not a long term thing.
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Sixer - I'm honestly not sure. She doesn't really seem to be doing a "mixture", it just seems to be caecotrophes only coming out of her.

She hasn't had anything in her water - the only thing I can get hold of locally is the "Tummy Care" by Beaphar. Do you think that's worth a try?

I have struggled to find out what the Tummy Care actually contains, this is all I came up with -

DescriptionComplementary feed for pet rabbits, guinea pigs and other rodents. Improves fluid intake & aids digestion. Contains fructo-oligosaccharide and vitamin C. Made with real carrot juice. Contains fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS) 23.4g/kg.

This sounds very sugary to me. I would think this is a no-no in a bun with a tummy problem, the sugar may well feed any bad bacteria present. I would give this a miss.

Still sending loads of vibes for Willow and of course hugs for you xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks Sixer Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Zo wrote:I think it's kind of irrelevant in this case since she is only giving her so many in order to get the medicine into Willow without causing her stress- it's not a long term thing.

yes as i said i totally understand why fluffslave is using them Thumbs Up

regards

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

jag wrote:oh yes from boredom breakers the only thing about them is they are very low in fibre as they are treats....and actually probably contain more corn than fenugreek

regards

Fenugreek Crunchies have 200g of corn in them yes, but they also have Fenugreek and Fennel seed. Fennel seed is a natural appetite stimulant, they are also hard so they wear
on growing teeth. They are actually a very healthy treat.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 am

Sixer wrote:
FluffSlave wrote:Sixer - I'm honestly not sure. She doesn't really seem to be doing a "mixture", it just seems to be caecotrophes only coming out of her.

She hasn't had anything in her water - the only thing I can get hold of locally is the "Tummy Care" by Beaphar. Do you think that's worth a try?

I have struggled to find out what the Tummy Care actually contains, this is all I came up with -

DescriptionComplementary feed for pet rabbits, guinea pigs and other rodents. Improves fluid intake & aids digestion. Contains fructo-oligosaccharide and vitamin C. Made with real carrot juice. Contains fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS) 23.4g/kg.

This sounds very sugary to me. I would think this is a no-no in a bun with a tummy problem, the sugar may well feed any bad bacteria present. I would give this a miss.

Still sending loads of vibes for Willow and of course hugs for you xx

We have the Beaphar Tummy Care for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Rats and to be honest we haven't used it yet.
it's constituents are:

crude protein 0.2%
crude oils and fats 0.0%
crude fibres 2.2%
crude ash 0.1%
moisture 36.7%

Additives/kg:nutritional additives:
vit C 2000 mg.
vit B1 40 mg. vit B2 40 mg.
Pantothenic acid 119 mg. (Pantothenic acid is a water-soluble vitamin)
Nicotinamide ( vit B3 ) 349 mg. ( Nicotinamide is a water-soluble vitamin and is part of the vitamin B group)
vit B6 40 mg. vit B12 40 mg.
Biotine (vit H) 800 mg, Folic acid ( Biotine is a vitamin that is obtained through dietary means and is also produced naturally in the body.)
(vit B11) 8mg Choline 82 mg. ( Choline is a water-soluble essential nutrient.)
colourants.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
jag wrote:oh yes from boredom breakers the only thing about them is they are very low in fibre as they are treats....and actually probably contain more corn than fenugreek

regards

Fenugreek Crunchies have 200g of corn in them yes, but they also have Fenugreek and Fennel seed. Fennel seed is a natural appetite stimulant, they are also hard so they wear

hi there

hmmm how much fenugreek?

sorry not trying to be disagreeable but in my opinion theres no such thing as a healthy treat for rabbits unless its hay, trust me i learnt the hard way Sad

regards

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:48 am

jag wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

regards

hi there

hmmm how much fenugreek?

sorry not trying to be disagreeable but in my opinion theres no such thing as a healthy treat for rabbits unless its hay, trust me i learnt the hard way Sad

regards

I have no idea how much fenugreek is in them but by the smell there is some there including ingredients such as ginkgo, beetroot, peppermint, camomile, nettle, parsley and rosehips, which help to provide essential vitamins, minerals, oils, bioflavonoids and fibre to aid digestion, help wear growing teeth and promote good health in general.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 pm

hi

i think you would have to feed a fair few to benefit from the ingrediants and wear the teeth down when they would get far better health and teeth benefits from hay and a egg cup full of high fibre pellets a day instead of filling up on treats and creating fussy eaters in the process.

animals would be happy to eat the same food every single day of their life as i have said before they eat to live.

its humans that turn them into fussy eaters because they feel the need to treat to for fill their own needs Very Happy

treats are designed to appeal to the pet owner Rolling Eyes

regards

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:36 pm

I think that most of us who post on HH recognise there is a difference between treats and food. I also think it is fair to say that most of us are responsible, reasonably knowledgable owners who are not feeding treats all day long.

Maysie - thanks for looking up the info on the Tummycare. I am still not convinced it is of any value.

FluffSlave - hope Willow is showing more signs or improvement today xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:46 pm

everyone is entitled to an opinion on HH even me we were discussing the benefits of treats a healthy debate , no one is accusing anyone of anything.

the forum is for advice and also for debates i have my opinion and thoughts on things and will keep sharing them i have been given some great advice on here and some not so great advice but i would never shout the person down

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Jag Please this thread is about Willow and to be honest all that we are really bothered about at the moment is Willow's health
not Fenugreek crunchies or any other treats.

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 pm

of course i really hope she is ok and i meant no harm just raising the subject of defeating the object with using something that may be adding or caused the problem in the first place

regards

jag
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm

How is the beautiful Willow today? Smile xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next