Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

+16
Sixer
Rachel&Nibbler
Zo
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
fiver
Amelia66
jag
FluffSlave
20 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by Dotdot Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:30 pm

It's difficult having two buns not knowing whose poo is whose especially when you want to know if one is going to the loo or not.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 pm

That's the thing that's got me so worried Dotdot - that the only poops I can see really around golden brown, very healthy ones which obviously aren't hers after last night.

So I'm really concerned she's not pooping much at all Sad

Maysie, her ears are fluctuating between hot and cold if that means anything?

Going to go check on my poor girl now and see if she'll take anymore water off the spoon.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

[quote="FluffSlave"]

It means her temperature is going up and down which is a sign of fever/illness.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:39 pm

When Jeeves had it (although I understand it could have been completely different) he had perfectly normal poo with it which was very confusing at the time.

I hope she is pooing bless her.

Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:40 pm

FluffSlave wrote:That's the thing that's got me so worried Dotdot - that the only poops I can see really around golden brown, very healthy ones which obviously aren't hers after last night.

So I'm really concerned she's not pooping much at all Sad

Going to go check on my poor girl now and see if she'll take anymore water off the spoon.

Is she not drinking any water.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:51 pm

She is drinking Maysie but the bowl is fuller than normal so I've been giving her some off a spoon which she has been taking - but she wouldn't take any when I last offered.

Dotdot, I hope that the perfectly normal poops are hers, even if there is a problem.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:55 pm

FluffSlave wrote:She is drinking Maysie but the bowl is fuller than normal so I've been giving her some off a spoon which she has been taking - but she wouldn't take any when I last offered.

Dotdot, I hope that the perfectly normal poops are hers, even if there is a problem.

Have you tried syringe feeding her some water or does she get to stressed Fluffslave?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Hopefully you are on your way to the vets and they can find out what is wrong and treat it easily.

Poor Willow, come on get better sweetie - you are special Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:09 pm

I have only just seen this. Lots of vibes for a good outcome for Willow.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Just now back from the vets and Willow is not a well bunny at all.

The vet suspects Coccidiosis is a strong possibility. She wants me to try and obtain a sample of the watery poop for her to test and take it back in the morning - I just hope she does some more as she hasn't done anymore of the watery stuff since last night, but the vet felt her tummy and said it feels like she has some more to come.

She's on a 9 day course of Panacur, has had a shot of Pro C or something similar (can't remember the name) and I have been sent away with some Critical Care to syringe her alongside water.

Her stools (if obtained!) will be sent off for testing in the morning and treated accordingly.

If she deteriorates any further (she has been deteriorating throughout the day) then I have to take her in for them to put her on fluids Sad

Please can I have some vibes for my girlie, she is not well at all and I am very worried about her...

Thanks guys Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Sending her loads of vibes hunni xxx you did the right thing taking her in and she couldn't be in better hands than yours.

I hope this is nothing more than a tummy upset and she will be better soon. Xxxxxxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Oh honey I really feel for you if it is cocci. I can only hope Willow is as strong as Tigger was. Tigger went through a week of cocci related non stop diarrhoea until she was diagnosed and then when she was her results were 'too high to count'. It normally comes back in numerical form depending on the sample but hers was so high it was off the scale, so there is hope that Willow can get through this.

For the moment keep syringing her (if you have one) fluids.

I seriously hope it isn't cocci. Try really hard to get a sample and get it down there asap.

Tigger send lots of cuddles and says Willow must be big brave and strong. xxxx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Loads of Vibes for the gorgeous Willow. Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks Dotdot - the vet has given me syringes for food and water.

I hope I can get a sample from her. The vet was worrying about her liver being in danger or something... pale

I am just so worried about her, but I will do everything and anything I can to help her get better xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:53 pm

I thought it sounded similar to when Dotdot's Tigger was unwell Sad

We have everything here crossed for Willow, please keep us updated and good luck getting a sample Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Healing vibes for willow xx
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:08 pm

I can imagine it will be hard when the poo is almost watery, Tigger's still had some sort of sloppy substance to it so that was easier to get.

Is there a hard surface under the towels etc she lays on? I was thinking maybe if they were removed for a bit she may do some on a hard surface which you can then get up with a syringe.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm

I was thinking a syringe too Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 pm

aww poor willow Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
sending mega vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
give her nose rubs from me and the mobsters Love Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Oh gosh, poor Willow Sad

Here's the MediRabbit page for coccidiosis in case you want to know more.

Dotdot - am I right in thinking that both buns ought to be treated? I can't remember if you ended up with both Tigger and Jeeves on meds....

Lots and lots of vibes for Willow Hugs Hugs Hugs

I'm really glad the vet has put her on meds now, some wouldn't until results were back No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:39 pm

The floor in there is concrete so it should be easy to syringe some up (the vet gave me a syringe and a pot) if there is any. It hasn't surfaced yet...

Sparky, the vet said she wants to make sure it is Cocci before treating Mojo as well, because he is perfectly healthy at the moment Thumbs Up

Thanks for the link Hugs

Willow's not too keen on the Critical Care but she's had a little bit of it and a long drink of water which is good. Will stick at it. Mojo on the other hand loves the stuff and keeps trying to chomp my syringe Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Sad Poor Willow. Lots of vibes for her, i really hope it isnt xxxxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 pm

You're right Sparky Thumbs Up Jeeves wasn't affected at all but was treated as a preventative measure Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Oh I'm scaring myself reading about this now Sad

It says you need to disinfect the environment - should I wait until it's diagnosed first? And treatment is supposed to be hard...

I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't get any fecal samples.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

I know it's scary. My other half found the website when Tigger was ill and was reading up on it and he showed me, then I started to panic.

I'd wait until it's diagnosed first. It may not be cocci. The rescue I volunteer at had a bunny that showed all the signs of cocci but when a faecal sample was done it turned out she had E.Coli. And the treatment for that believe it or not, was baytril.

Treatment wise baycox is easy to administer and works incredibly fast. You give it for 2 days, then you leave it 5 days and then you give it for 2 days again.

Fingers crossed you can get a faecal sample. Has she noticeably lost any weight or muscle?
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next