Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

+16
Sixer
Rachel&Nibbler
Zo
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
fiver
Amelia66
jag
FluffSlave
20 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by jag Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 pm

hey sorry to hear shes still poorly , i guess best thing is to treat her as tho she does have it and follow the instructions on the web page ...

shes a lucky bunny having a caring owner like yourself keep up the good work and she will be fine

regards

jag
Banned

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down

I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear! - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm very worried about Willow UD Vet's given the all clear!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Oh dear poor Willow Sad

I'm sure the vet mentioned this but you have to make sure everything is kept clean, feed in bowls, and hay in rack's nothing on the floor of the hutch/indoor cage.

Sending mega mega Vibes for Willow xxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 am

How is Willow today? I can't stop thinking about her.

Thinking about you to and sending hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Topping up the Vibes xxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 am

I'm really sorry to read this.

It sounds like your vet is really on the ball with it and that gives you a good chance of fighting it early. Poor Willow.

Sending loads of vibes.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 pm

I have been sent you a Pm Fluffslave xxx

It's very important .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Oh dear poor Willow Sad

I'm sure the vet mentioned this but you have to make sure everything is kept clean, feed in bowls, and hay in rack's nothing on the floor of the hutch/indoor cage.

Sending mega mega Vibes for Willow xxxxxxxxx

I forgot this bit Thumbs Up Don't put food and hay on the floor where it can be contaminated and then eaten.

How is she??
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm

I hope she's ok Sad sending lots of vibes, keep us updated
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 pm

vibe top ups for willow Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks guys - sorry I've only just got in from sixth form.

Willow is doing ok. She's not bright in herself and I can't really explain it but she's got a "dull" sort of look to her eyes and coat at the moment. Other than that though she is moving around, eating hay and drinking by herself and I am also feeding her Critical Care (she's decided she loves it now and wolfs it down from a spoon!) and syringing her water which she is taking like a good girl.

All of their bowls etc have been thoroughly washed, hay is on racks and the poops are swept and binned everytime I go in there Thumbs Up

I couldn't get any watery poop like my vet wanted for a sample but I sent away some odd shaped normal ones I found and also what looked like caecotrophs that were done overnight. Needless to say I get in and find exactly the type of poop my vet wanted, so have scraped those off the floor and put them into a pot and they're going off to the vets this evening.

It is overwhelming but she is a strong girl and I just hope she'll get through this Sad

Thanks for all of your vibes everyone Hugs

Oh and Maysie, I replied to the PM Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm so sorry I've missed this (not been on the forum much over the past couple of weeks). I'm sending mega vibes your way for the beautiful Willow. I hope the samples get to the bottom of what's wrong so she's back to full strength soon. Big hugs for the worried humum too, I can only imagine how worrying this time is for you Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Thank you so much Rachel Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

If she is hopping around and nibbling hay and drinking and nomming up the critical care then I'd say she is honestly doing well so far Smile

Glad you got a mixture of poo!!

Will keep checking back on the little lady. xxx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:31 pm

I am so glad she is better love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Willow's ears are very hot to the touch and then they'll go cold. She's not drinking by herself and isn't interested in water from my syringe either - it's just getting her stressed out. Her poops have taken a turn for the worse...

She's still keen for the CC and nibbling at hay/moving about. I have to go up to the vets to take her sample soon anyway, I'm just wondering whether to get another packet of CC as she is not looking too great and it's better safe than sorry.

Will try again with the water in 30 minutes or so.

My poor girl Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Both of mine get awfully stressed out with syringing. You may have to just quickly pop the syringe in the side of her mouth and squeeze some in. I understand she will be stressed but she absolutely needs the fluids. Sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and risk it.

Bless her heart, come on Willow. Do you have any idea when you'll get the results and diagnosis?

xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:39 pm

I will give that a go if she doesn't take it willingly Dotdot. She is such a big strong girl though, I have a job holding onto her when she struggles - goodness knows how I'm getting wormer into her for 9 days Shocked

It's all a bit muddled with the sample. We sent one in this morning of the odd shaped/nightime poops hoping she could test from that, but then I got home and found she'd done the type of poop the vet wanted originally. So we've popped some of that into a container and are taking it up shortly, but we have been trying to get hold of the vet - she left my mum an answerphone message but it was really quiet so then mum rang the surgery back but she was on the phone! So I think the vet is ringing back when she's finished, if we don't get up there first Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Laughing I always find it hard getting in touch with the vets! Especially if I miss a call from them.

I don't think Tigger is quite as big as Willow, but she is an awful struggler too. I can't put her on her back, when I do she fights and kicks and I'm so paranoid she will twist/break her back when she does. I can't even pick her up or hold onto her without her putting up a fight so medicine is near impossible to get in her. No

What are they like! Rolling Eyes
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jag Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm

hi

thats so sad poor girl , maybe take her to the vets with you and let them keep her in maybe her partner can stay with her for support?

rabbits go downhill very rapidly it happened to my giant rabbit he hid the pain for ages then he was suddenly terribly ill...

good luck and will keep fingers and toes crossed that she makes a quick recovery...

regards

Last edited by jag on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

jag
Banned

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 pm

I thought the link was a bit scary and wasn't sure whether to post it or not, but I thought it was better to know than not know, if that is what it turns out to be.

I have heard of more buns recovering than not from this, and early diagnosis / treatment does seem to be very important so if it is cocciodosis Willow has that going for her.

If you are worried about her fluid intake, now that you are sure it's not veg upsetting her, you could give her some nice watery veg. Cucumber would be ideal if she is already used to it.

Lots and lots of top-up vibes for Willow and Hugs Hugs Hugs for you Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi guys - just a quick update on bun bun.

I've just dropped some poop off at the vets for testing. It is still not really what the vet wanted, but she is going to send it off to the lab tonight and have it held. I then need to make sure she doesn't do any of the real sloppy stuff (she hasn't since Sunday but her tummy seems to be worsening again) and if she does, she'll send that away for the sample. Saves me paying twice, as she think it is likely that all they're going to be able to tell me about the sample I gave her today is that it is cecals.

She's also given me Flagyl - 1ml twice a day in case it isn't Cossidiosis, and some more CC.

She was a nightmare with syringes but the anti-b's and Panacur went in no trouble on Fenugreek Crunchies! We have checked with the vet and they said it's fine to give it to her like this.

In terms of Willow she's not good at all Sad

She's not eating near as much hay as before - the only thing she is eating really is the CC and nibbling at her hay. She's not drinking by herself and won't take water from a syringe - the vet has told me to really, really water down the CC and try like that. I gave it a go and she didn't want to know from a syringe, spoon or the bowl. She was stressed out though from trying to give her the meds through syringes so I will try her again with some CC flavoured water soon.

This is her observation really, the vet has told me if she's not improved by the morning drinking wise she'll have to go into them and get put onto fluids Crying or Very sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi Hun

If she is happy with the critical care then make her a watery batch - make sure the water is Luke warm and try getting fluids in her that way.

Sending a massive vibe top up hunni xxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm

I've given that a go Katie and as soon as it's watery consistency she won't take it Sad

Will try again soon xx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:52 pm

It's good that she's now got antibiotics too - it won't do her any harm if it's not a bacterial infection, but it is good to be treating a broad spectrum of possibilities.

Flagyl apparently tastes delicious - we have had buns turbo-suck it out of the syringe. If you can get her to accept a teeny taste of it she might be more amenable to a syringe near her mouth. I sympathise though, there is no way Humum is ever getting near my mouth with a syringe again and she dreads the day I might need meds which she can't inject.

I can't remember if you said you had put Pro-C in their water? A lot of buns seem to like the taste of that too and we have found that buns often drink more water if it has Pro-C in it.

Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Another quick thought - are you offering the watery CC in a bowl and letting Mojo try it if he wants to? I bet if he has some, Willow will suddenly want it...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Have you got the supreme wide recovery syringe? I find it is the bocking/squirting issues that puts Bruce off with the syringe feeding but the Supreme syringe has helped a lot with this. Also I find the critical care fine grind is easiest to give.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next