Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

+13
Sue_pawz
Amelia66
Sparky
Rachel&Nibbler
thezookeeper
Ruffin
Catsknickers
FluffSlave
KatieB
SarahJane
Thumper2001
fiver
Sixer
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 2 Empty Re: The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

Post by SarahJane Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Feel free to direct them to the sample email katie! Thumbs Up
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 2 Empty Re: The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Can I use your sample letter over on RU SJ?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Yep, of course you can Wave It's the end goal I am fussed about, so if it helps people who are pressed for time or don't know what to say thats whats important. Smile

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:05 am

We all went down this road with the range quite a while ago now and last time it was like banging your head against a brick wall. They are a local(ish) company to me and it winds me up that they are so brick headed on this. Mind you I don't understand why the hutch companies don't maker proper sized hutches in the first place. I have not set foot in a range store since our last email campaign.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks SJ - it looks like it needs somebody more charismatic than me though to galvanise people over on the other side Sad

Cheryl, I'll not be going there again. By the sounds of it I fear they will take no notice whatsover Sad

I had to walk away from the staff member, I was struggling not to get personal with her. How can someone with three free range house bunnies even consider putting a rabbit into their hutches Mad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 am

That is absolutley disgusting. I've used your template SJ as I have very little time today and you have worded it so perfectly Smile I've tried to hit them where it hurts and added a line saying that I no longer be shopping at the range whilst these hutches are in stock, and I will be urging family and friends to do the same.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 am

I have also just sent them a long email, stating minimum hutch size guidelines from the RWAF and RSPCA, as well as the effects living in a hutch like this will have on so many rabbits.

I really hope they do something about this Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:28 pm

The thing is with companies like these, is that its all about numbers. Its not about making them change their mind and thinking they are wrong, they are likely to never do that. BUT if enough of us email, we can "shame them" into doing it, and thats fine by me. Im going to email my template round to every rabbity person I know! Thats my personal crusade for the day haha x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm

I completely agree.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Its like with Aldi, I highly doubt they did it because they felt it was morally right, but because enough people went on and on about it, they had no choice but to pull the advert, or they would risk their brands credibility. And we have to make The Range do the same thing.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm

yep - We need to keep the momentum going.

If anyone can help sixer drum up some support on the other Forum, please do go over and help. Im not a member. I will keep pushing on fbk as hard as I can.

We cannot let up.

Im going to copy your response onto there later when I get home too.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:55 pm

You guys are great Hugs Very Happy

There have been lots of views of my thread elsewhere, but only a couple of people have said they have emailed Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:08 pm

I've sent a copy of your email, SJ - thankyou.

Do The Range have a Facebook page? It seems to be one medium which gets a lot of people on board and embarrasses companies into taking action...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Good idea - i will see if I can find one.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm

they definitely have one

https://www.facebook.com/therangeuk here
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:05 pm

I've passed it on to my other bunny people!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

The range do have a Facebook Page!

https://www.facebook.com/therangeuk?fref=ts
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 pm

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 2 Capture_zps8c732fff

hahahaha
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Brilliant Post SJ
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:29 pm

I had a quick look at the fb page. i thought you were all very restrained in not joining in on the thread by the lady who asked is they sold wagg optimum rather than just their muesli type food. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Gotta pick our battles.....ha ha ha

Actually I didnt see it!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Aldi complied quickly because they were still getting over the horsemeat scandal. I think this company are a completely different kettle of fish, but hopefully if we can get a head of steam up we might be able to do some good.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 pm

SJ-good writings!

Questions for all---Since i don't live there I need to know a bit more about the company before i write one of my 'news of this ______ has reached my ears all the way in the USA' letters. Does the Range sell other hutches? What kind of store are they? Often description on the internet is not what a company is in person.

Thanx

The Range are generally a budget home store, you can get pretty much anything from lighting, bedding, craft supplies, garden tables, furniture, pet supplies etc. They do sell lots of pet supplies, and none of their hutches are suitable at all, although I just picked out a few Smile x
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 pm

They are in the main a home furnishings store - found nationwide. They have garden and pet goods to. I never realised they sold hutches as I have not really ventured into the garden/pet areas.

It was only because two hutches were on display in the main area of the store that I realised they did and how hideously small they are. None of the rabbit cages/hutches/runs are remotely suitable for rabbits, they are all too small.

I am so proud of you Hoppers for getting out there and getting this noticed.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 am

It's likely that they will take our comments down today - so we need to put them straight back up again!!!! If we keep the pressure on over a oeriod of time we are more likely to make a difference.

Lets save some bunnies from horrible lives hoppers.

Hopper Power!!!!!!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next