Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

+13
Sue_pawz
Amelia66
Sparky
Rachel&Nibbler
thezookeeper
Ruffin
Catsknickers
FluffSlave
KatieB
SarahJane
Thumper2001
fiver
Sixer
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 3 Empty Re: The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 am

They have taken them down Shocked

What happened to freedom of speech.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 3 Empty Re: The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 am

Well - we should blimmin well put them back up again!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 am

My post is still there at the moment. I am not letting this one go.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:37 am

What a bunch of *****
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 am

I'd never heard of The Range until this thread. Are they just in England?

I don't think there's one here for me to go and moan at Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 am

I can still see the comments, mine, Nickies, and Katies are still there - have lots been deleteD?
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 am

Apparently they are deleting them almost instantly, along with comments asking why they are deleting comments!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 am

Hmmm. Well I can still see a few, and ironically they seem to be leaving the really long posts?! All I can think, is that maybe they arent allowed to delete posts that are very factual, and maybe they are deleting ones that can "get away with?" :/

It doesnt make sense, but if you all make sure that you word it in a way that makes it very factual, and avoid putting anything hugely negative about the range itself maybe they wont be allowed to remove them?

Im thinking we should perhaps try a different approach with the fb page, i.e " I was very disappointed to go into your stores, to see such small rabbit hutches. I don't agree with your slogan, "if we dont sell it you dont need it", as I actually do believe my rabbits need accomodation thats been approved by the RSPCA and RWAF. Would you consider changing the hutches?"

and the maybe they wont be allowed to delete them. either way, theyre being very cowardly!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm loving reading some of the comments on there, they are excellent. Deleting comments has only made people comment more Very Happy
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 pm

The support is amazing Smile

I just pray that something will change.

Does anybody think it is feasible to contact a national newspaper. Surely deleting comments would be of interest. Does anybody know how to go about this?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:29 pm

I have posted and done a screen shot so if it gets deleted I have proof too. I think it could be of interest to a national newspaper but would have no idea how to go about doing it!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 pm

I am at work at the moment so can't do much on the PC here as it runs on Windows BC Rolling Eyes

I am debating whether to contact the local paper, although it is very second rate.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Got a response "The Range - Hello Rachel. We are currently looking into this with our suppliers. Please bear with us whilst we look into this matter. Customer Service Team."

The deleting seems to have stopped at least!

Last edited by Rachel&Nibbler on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

What about a TV news story? Tying the hutch size with the fact that many sadly buy bunnies for Easter. They could use Range as an example of what not to buy. I don't have any pic's of how badly Rory's legs were all bent from him being in a tiny hutch. They've pretty much straightened now though! Very Happy

On their web site it does say that that particular hutch is for dwarf breeds or piggies.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm

good idea.

I will get onto the RAW people....they do a lot on TV during Rabbit Awareness Week and may be able to help on this. Worth a try.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:08 pm

In my opinion the next step would be for some spokesperson, perhaps somebody from the RWAF to make it more official, to give them a deadline to respond. I appreciate that they do have to discuss things with their suppliers etc. but can't be allowed to drag that out forever. If they do not respond, much as I hate to say it, I'd consider approaching a tabloid such as The Sun who love to jump on the bandwagon of appearing to do some good as it gives them an excuse to be horrible so often.

Sixer wrote:Windows BC Rolling Eyes
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Id be happy to write them a letter and a post it on behalf of Happy Hoppers Forum, i dont see why we can't. Smile
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:01 pm

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 3 RangeRabbit_zps49d7efc4

There's a good hudad Very Happy
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Well said all at Sparky Towers!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:19 pm

I think if we are going to consider contacting the press, we need to think about asking a group such as RWAF or RAW for their advice on how best to do this. They are more used to dealing with the media etc, and we don't want to risk them turning round making us look silly, or mis-quoting us on anything that could leave us in legal hot water. It's deffo a good idea and would make others take note too, but we would need to be very careful how we did it.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Go hudad! Happy Dance
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 pm

I think you are right Katie, and to be fair, we dont want to use our "free ticket" straight away. What I mean by that is, theres only so many times the press would be interested in such things, and maybe we would be better off doing this at a LATER stage, and do a general article on small hutches in general, and name and shame the companies that do it (after having legal help etc)
We dont want to rush it and then that ship sails and we cant do it again.

That being said, i DO think if we keep on, the pressure will be enough. I'll write up a letter over the next few days, and post it out to them.

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 pm

I have contacted the RWAF and asked whether now that the Range has had so many adverse comments whether they will consider contacting them again. Range may be more open to listening to the RWAF after receiving so many adverse comments from ourselves.

I think you are right Katie in holding back as far as the press goes - at least at the moment.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Every comment to the hutches they post the same response
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:09 pm

To be fair, that is pretty good though. A big company isnt going to reply to each message individually, but the fact they are now addressing it will. I will write a letter over the weekend and get it in the post to them, to keep the pressure on. This is good guys, give yourselves a pat on the back, this IS progress. x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next