Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

+13
Sue_pawz
Amelia66
Sparky
Rachel&Nibbler
thezookeeper
Ruffin
Catsknickers
FluffSlave
KatieB
SarahJane
Thumper2001
fiver
Sixer
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 4 Empty Re: The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Had a response from The Range on Facebook

"Following on from our valuable customer feedback on hutches, we can confirm that we are removing our smallest hutch from sale immediately. We have produced notices in-store advising customers of the RSPCA guidelines and are also putting notices out on the hutches that are smaller than the advised size, stating that they are not recommended for Rabbits. Our hutches can be purchased for a variety of small animals and we continue to offer our customers that choice. We are going to be stocking new hutches that follow the sizing guidelines from the various animal welfare charities and will keep you informed when these are available. We thank you for your patience whilst we dealt with this matter and can assure you of our intentions to make sure animal welfare is a priority. Thank you"

Very Happy
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

The Range - ud keeping the pressure on - Page 4 Empty Re: The Range - ud keeping the pressure on

Post by Sixer Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Oh my Very Happy

My day is just getting better.

Well done to us all Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:09 pm

That's great. I'm going to be sending Humum to The Range to check on their signage this weekend though Twisted Evil
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:12 pm

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by their response. But I do think they could have put their response as a main thread rather than a reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm

I am really pleased to see this progress.

It is amazing what the bunny community can achieve when we work together as a team.

Checkers in as many stores over the weekend would be brilliant guys if any of you are able to.

Well done all of you!

You have made a difference to the lives of so many bunnies about to be purchased this easter!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 pm

I have asked our friends at the RSPCA to contact them and ensure they have the right guidance.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 pm

WOW. It really does go to show that when we work as a team, we really CAN make a difference. And now, hopefully (Excuse the pun) it will have a domino effect. Because we can tell other shops and stores that the range listened, and then the list gets longer and longer.

WELL DONE everyone! I also posted that letter this morning! x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 pm

HEY GUYS!!
just received this response from the range Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Dear Robert

Thank you for your email dated the 17th March 2013.

Following on from our valuable customer feedback on hutches, we can confirm that we are removing our smallest hutch from sale immediately. We have produced notices in-store advising customers of the RSPCA guidelines and are also putting notices out on the hutches that are smaller than the advised size, stating that they are not recommended for Rabbits.

Our hutches can be purchased for a variety of small animals and we continue to offer our customers that choice. We are going to be stocking new hutches that follow the sizing guidelines from the various animal welfare charities.

We thank you for your patience whilst we dealt with this matter and can assure you of our intentions to make sure animal welfare is a priority.

Yours sincerely

Sophie Tozer

Customer Service Supervisor

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Oooh, I forgot to say - Humum checked our local Range yesterday and they did have lots of very prominent signs saying the hutches were not recommended for 'all' rabbits (she would have preferred 'any' rabbits, but still). They also had the RSPCA guidelines printed out and on display. The only bit they had fudged a little was saying that buns need to be able to do 'a certain number' of hops without saying how many.

But those are details we can nag them about later, I think for now it is a brilliant start Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4