Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions guys? U/D Back from the vets

+10
Sixer
Big Ears
Father Jack
KatieB
jolovesbunnies
BugsBunny
Sparky
Thumper2001
gentl
FluffSlave
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Opinions guys? U/D Back from the vets - Page 5 Empty Re: Opinions guys? U/D Back from the vets

Post by c.bolduan Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:26 pm

If you like let me know where to post the colloidal silver to. It is a natural antibiotic and safe to use.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Opinions guys? U/D Back from the vets - Page 5 Empty Re: Opinions guys? U/D Back from the vets

Post by Sparky Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:18 pm

I hope she is better today. How much of an upset tummy? Runny poo or sticky poo?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Just a bit sticky. It's cleared up a bit now.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm

I am so very plesaed to hear this love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:09 pm

How is she today hun?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 pm

There's no real change...

Her pee is bad again. I'll let you all know what the vet says tomorrow Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Loads of vibes, I hope the vet just thinks it's worth trying her longer on the abx, or a difference one  Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:01 pm

What did the vert say hun?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Any news Hun?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi guys Wave

Sorry it's taken me so long to give you all an update.

Willow is back on a course of Baytril which cleared her up really well last time. She's on a longer course this time so that's good, but my vet and I both agree that abx long-term aren't really a solution. So we're left with three options...

1) PTS when we feel she is suffering.
2) Scan her to look for any abnormalities (this may require sedation/GA and would then go on to need further treatment).
3) Go ahead with the spay and take the risk of loosing her for the benefit of possibly years and years of her life saved...

So, I think I am going to go with option 3. The thought absolutely terrifies me and as much as I know I shouldn't be negative, I am going to brace myself for the worst. Her amazing vet will be doing it and I absolutely 100% trust her, but it doesn't give me any more comfort. I will be an utter wreck the entire day pale

It's a huge risk but at this point we have no more options. Our vet is almost 100% convinced that it is cancer...
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:34 am

Oh so sorry  Crying or Very sad 
Just wish for the best for you two.
Sending hugs and vibes
Let us know when she is going in for surgery and keep us posted Hugs 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:07 am

Thank you Hugs

I am going to ask my vet if we can hold off on the surgery until the weather warms up. When the weather warms up the vet told me we would have to do something whether it was PTS or try the spay, since the risk of Flystrike will be huge with her condition. So I'm hoping we can keep her on antibiotics until then and give it a go at that point. That way, if I lose her, I won't feel as much that it's my fault her life got cut short Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:47 am

Oh Sweet,
It is not your fault either way No
Just hold all fingers crossed for you both.
Love

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Thank you Hugs

I just feel that if I send her to have it done in a few weeks time and she never comes home, then I'll be beating myself up about the fact she could have at least had until Spring, whereas if we do it in the spring I'll know that we were going to have to do something at that point, and then if she makes it through it's a huge plus.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Oh darling, I hope this situation gets better for you, loving vibes are on ther way.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:18 pm

What a tough decision to have to take, but I think the right one. I hope her condition stabilises for at least a few weeks. When she has the spay, if she is stable under the anaesthetic I'd be inclined to spend the extra £20 or so to get an x-ray plate done of her lungs too. If it is cancer and metastizes, apparently this is one of the first place it goes. It would be peace of mind to know if they are clear (and less of a horrible shock if they are not and you do not prolong her life as long as you expect).

Loads and loads of vibes for Willow, I really hope this sorts her out  Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Sparky, I agree with you.
And sending vibes and nose rubs for Willow and FluffSlave

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks guys Hugs

Sparky - I will ask my vet about lung x-rays when I talk to her. I also read that the lungs are one of the first areas that cancer can spread to. I'll see what she says...
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Poor Willow, and what a tough decision to have to make (im welling up just at the thought of it!)...but i definitley think it is the right choice.

Sparky wrote:What a tough decision to have to take, but I think the right one. I hope her condition stabilises for at least a few weeks. When she has the spay, if she is stable under the anaesthetic I'd be inclined to spend the extra £20 or so to get an x-ray plate done of her lungs too. If it is cancer and metastizes, apparently this is one of the first place it goes. It would be peace of mind to know if they are clear (and less of a horrible shock if they are not and you do not prolong her life as long as you expect).

Loads and loads of vibes for Willow, I really hope this sorts her out  Hugs Hugs Hugs

I also agree 20000% with Sparky. If she does have uterine cancer, the metastisies will spread to the lungs. If this has happened, there is little point in spaying her and its a case of having to make the awful decision of letting her go then and there, or when the time is right. That would really be something for you to discuss with your vet, and I really hope that she comes through this, bless her.

As for the weather. Its a tough call, flystrke is less of a risk while the weather is cooler, and if its cancer, its really not worth waiting, i dont think.

Tons and tons of vibes for you both though. xxxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:13 pm

I am so very sorry for that news hun. I feel for you and it must be so tough. I agree with Sparky too and agree with you waiting and doing it then too.

All our love and best wishes and mega vibes coming your way.

You must be terrified.

Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Thank you all Hugs

I feel that the best situation would be to wait until the spring when the risk of Flystrike gets so high, so long as we can manage her on antibiotics until then. I know if it is cancer I should be having the spay done ASAP but I am slightly more comfortable knowing that when the weather warms up we would have had to either do the same thing or put her to sleep. At least this way I get to value each and every day with her, and I really, really hope, many more years to come if she pulls through Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Everything crossed for you hun and you are in my prayers.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:02 am

Thanks Jo Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:38 am

More vibes and wishes for her and you hun.

Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:12 pm

You are very welcome love.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next