Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bella not right, (she lost her battle)

+11
paullp
Sparky
SarahJane
jolovesbunnies
fiver
Sixer
Thumper2001
FluffSlave
Sue_pawz
Dotdot
dizzylynn
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bella not right, (she lost her battle) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bella not right, (she lost her battle)

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm

You are doing everything you can. And try not to blame yourself, you weren't to know that she'd be so sensitive to the cold, especially with the others being fine out there.

It's been a huge shock for you but try and stay calm because she will pick up on your anxiety Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Bella not right, (she lost her battle) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bella not right, (she lost her battle)

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Got her in my arms, I'm warm enough to keep her warm. Got a icing sugar gun thing I found in kitchen, filled it semi pasted food & au cut down to 3mm long give her mouth full every 10-20 mins, he didnt say how often so am guessing thats ok. Will stay awake as long as I can then hubby will take over. Shes wrapped in a towel so dont get covered.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Thinking of you Lynn, its very hard nursing a sick bunny, but you are doing a good job Hugs
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm

oh lynn p wish i could be there to help you all Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
mega top up vibes speeding their way to you xx
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm

You should be fine feeding her every hour or two as long as she takes a reasonable amount at each feed.

Is she taking the feeds well? Does she seem to be hungry?

Does she still have diarrhea now, even after the injections? Is it coming out of her almost immediately after you feed her?

Can you tell us what meds she has been given - they should be in the bill if you have one.

I'm really not convinced by the vet's diagnosis that the cold has caused this. Stasis I could probably accept, but not diarrhea. I'd suspect coccidiosis and have her treated as if she had that while tests were being run. If it is coccidiosis then you need to keep a very, very careful eye on the other buns, especially Charlie who had been in direct contact with her.

I don't want to alarm you any more than you already are but personally I would not accept the vet's diagnosis as to the cause.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Its settled down, she has NO other syptoms just low core temp & runs thats why I didnt realise she was poorly. Shes not to bad not refusing the food entirely. Just doesnt like the thing in her mouth. Shes on fibreplex 3 times day. Got steriod injection, antibiotics & fluids. Forgot bill print out, will grab that mora for files. I bought a snugglesafe too kept forgetting to order 1 or 2 so they sold me spare brand new one at supply price. I also have there carrier from friday its a large one so shes in it for few days till bo goes to rescue.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Had a wee look a syptoms, her coat is fine, shes not blotted. So fingers crossed its just lack of eating thats knocked her body off balance.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

sounds like she will be on the mend soon with your love and care xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm

oh no, sending lots and lots of get well vibes for Bella Hugs Hugs
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Try not to blame yourself, I really doubt it anything you have done. Definitely keep an eye on her. I do agree with Sparky and trying not to worry you but this is definitely something to run past your vet tomorrow.
If her diarrhoea doesn't stop soon I would suspect something different.

When Tigger was away she developed coccidiosis and had really bad diarrhoea for a week before she was diagnosed with it by the vet (they didn't know what they were looking for). Coccidiosis can be just diarrhoea with no other symptoms. She lost a lot of weight and muscle due to this and it wasn't until a poo sample was done that she was diagnosed with 'uncountable' levels. Baycox soon sorted her out when absolutely NOTHING else worked.

The rescue I volunteer at has had a couple of more episodes of buns with diarrhoea and weight loss. One was treated for coccidiosis with baycox and it did nothing which was odd as we suspected the same thing Tigger had, but it turns out after a poo sample bunny had E.Coli! (I never knew they could suffer from it) And what was the treatment for that? Baytril.

Sending you lots of hugs Lynn and top up vibes for Bella. Hugs
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Cheeky girl widdled on me, She told me she needed so must be feeling better. Shes took wee bit more paste food, but not wanting her hay.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Bless her heart Love
I think bramble is good for upset tummies if you can find any.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Oh Lynn, this all sounds so stressful. Hugs to you Hugs

I am glad to hear Bella seems to be perking up a bit.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Damn it, right through her shes in a mess again.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 pm

I think that baytril was what he gave her, was broad spectrum antibiotic receptionist said hence the nice big bill.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 am

Bless the both of you! Sending MEGA vibes for Bella and MEGA Hugs for you.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am

Mega knackered, I had about 4/5 hours sleep broke up, I couldnt keep my eyes open if I wanted to, Bonnie my wee westie woje me up 3 times so fed her on those time.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 am

Has she improved any?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:13 am

No really & now I dont feel well, feel sick. Stomach pains too.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 am

Oh no Sad

Do you think it's maybe stress making you unwell? When does Bella have to go back to the vet?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am

Hugs to you Lynn. And vibes to Bella, too!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Bless your heart! Sending de-stress vibes for you and get well vibes for you both!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Back from vet, was diff lass on today tuesdays are surgery day so Stephen has a colleague from Airdrie cover they days. Very worried vet again, her core temp is going down, its now 97 it was 98.5. I suggested instead of normal temp water being given would warm (not to hot but wee bit hotter than luke warm) help she said thats a fab idea, also suggested warm towels out tumble dryer wrap her in them & snuggle into her as often as can another fab idea. We can maybe have a wee sleep on sofa together. Better look out old clothes. Shes been given an appetite inducer to get her to eat by herself or more of the paste. A coarse of antibiotics. Also to clean her back end with baby wipes, ran out yesterday so used warm water and cloth squeezing water out it so not to over wet her, ran to asda for 2 packs of 4 while he sat in car blasting heat out all the vents. Shes got reheated snuggle safe & her carrier is up against the radiator. Vet did warn us she might not get better, to prepare ourselves, were doing everything possible alot more than some rabbit owners shes known, frown on that. Just keep up the hard work but try to get more heat in her. Got nice long printout of the bill & treatment. Most ever spent but shes worth every pound. £95 so far but that included a brand new snuggle safe.
While was in the rescue was examined, he looks healthy, he has managed to clean his bum up himself just with his cage being kept clean. He is almost ready to be spayed. So about 6 months old. She doesnt think he will get bigger, she did advice me to have his jags even if weren't keeping him, hubby said if were paying to give him healthy start were keeping him lol. Vikki in reception had a laugh with the other girls TOLD YOU lynn would fall in love with him, should have made a bet and shared my winnings with her. That would have covered his opp lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Meant to add, shes to go back daily till her temp starts going up.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm

£95 sounds really good price actually! When Jeeves had slight stasis we spent over £100 and he had less than what Bella had by the sounds of it.

Honestly, if she doesn't stop diarrhoea I would seriously consider a faecal sample.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next