Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bella not right, (she lost her battle)

+11
paullp
Sparky
SarahJane
jolovesbunnies
fiver
Sixer
Thumper2001
FluffSlave
Sue_pawz
Dotdot
dizzylynn
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bella not right, (she lost her battle) - Page 4 Empty Re: Bella not right, (she lost her battle)

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Wondering how much honey be safe anount was going to just mix tsp with a bigger feed mixture or few drops to already prepared mix.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Bella not right, (she lost her battle) - Page 4 Empty Re: Bella not right, (she lost her battle)

Post by FluffSlave Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm

I can't help you with the honey question but I just wanted to say how pleased I am to read that Bella sounds to be on the mend! Keep it up little lady, and hats off to you too! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 pm

dizzylynn wrote:This mornings update, last night seen a big improovement, me and hubby fee her in turns so I could get some sleep, i fed her at 10 sge ate a good amount then set my alarm for 2.15, stu fed her at midnight but he thinks he couldnt get enough in her, I got her to take a good amount at my 2.15 feed, set my alarm for 4 but bloody didnt set it right, so she went to long, alarm went off for kids at 7 thats when realised my alarm didnt go off, rushed up half asleep, she was a bit lethargic, gave her the antibiotics but didnt get her to eat alot, so left her till 8, cleaned her bum, that was a fight tell ya got kicked & scratched like hell shes deffo feeling better, 1st 2 times she didnt fight at all, she got her fibre medicine, then ate the new mix i made, put carrot, wild rocket leaves & soften dry food in blender with extra water, she ate about 1.5 tsp off the little measuring spoon herself wooohooo, got another 1.5 in her with bit of coaxing. So put her back in. Thats enough for now, waited till about half hour later offered her half a grape just to see if she was interested in it, she sure was, scoffed it, so submerged other 2 halfs in the mushed food, she ate 1 of them with some mush, step in right direction, think the honey suggestion is deffo worth a shot, how much is safe to mix in her food. Might try making up hay, water & tiny bit o hunny to get some hay in her. I'm pretty sure her core temp should be up, her body feels nice and warm to touch & her ears are warm, just need to get on top of the bottom mess, hopefully the antibiotics & fibramax stuff sort that. I will continue with the critical care formula till its cleared up, keep some of the nutrients shes loosing in her.

Well done Lynn and your Hubby we know to well how hard it is to work round the clock with sick bunnies but if you can do it it's so worth it and it's because of your hard work and determination that Bella is improving day by day...Well done guy's Bella not right, (she lost her battle) - Page 4 Sxmas_santathumbup_100-100

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Update from vet, temp up to 100.6 fab news, responsive girl. Shes still not moving bowels properly, shes very gassy now. He doesnt think its the condition mentioned few pages back same with vet that was in yesterday, its lack of fibre. Just made her hay/honey/pellat balls, to see if she will try them, failing that will try to chop the hay finer maybe use bit more honey, wondered if could bake them into biscuits.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Shes not impressed with me, made her eat hay, the honey didnt work so just folded yo fresh hay and stuck it in her mouth lol she spat it out few times so stuck it back in lol, think she got hint she ate 4 bits with wee drop mush mix. Get it in her some how.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Bella not right, (she lost her battle) - Page 4 Ad658871bd9e1547f40aef37ad43a7e4

Keeping warm with bonnie, excuse mess not had chance to do livingroom, working through house while doing feeds.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:04 pm

I am so glad she has improved love, you have had a worrying time and have done brilliantly.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm so glad she's out and about! How's her bum? (Sorry I sound like a stuck record!) Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 pm

No more mess since this morning but shes very gassy, Ive withheld veg/pellat mix and making her eat hay, less mess lol, shes eating it very slowly with alot of pushing, i get her to nibble bits, but she spits lot out so started syringing wee bit water in between hay & shes swallowing most of now. Set my alarm for during the night, only giving hay to see if it helps.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm so glad she is at least eating a little bit of hay herself!!
It's good there's no more mess, fingers crossed.

Water on it's own is good as it helps keep the belly going and helps keep her hydrated.
Trying to think what else is good for upset tummies. Bramble, plantain...

I'm sure there's more.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Fenugreek cheers
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:17 am

I lost her, she just died in stuarts arms.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:12 am

Oh no Lynn!!! I can't believe it!! And she seemed to be improving Crying or Very sad

You guys fought so hard for her. I'm so sorry.

Sleep well Bella x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 am

Thankyou, just cant stop crying. Going to have her put in a little urn.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:08 am

very sorry to hear this Lynn.

binky free Bella.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:13 am

Im so sorry for your loss Lynn.

Binky free Bella Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 am

Just popped on to see how Bella was and I'm in tears I'm so sorry Lynn as you know I had a soft spot for Bella she reminded me of our Bridge bunny Kayleigh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

You did your very best and that's all you can do, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose the trouble with rabbits is sadly they give up just like horses do Crying or Very sad

So sorry xxxxxxxxxxx Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 am

Oh Lynn I'm so sorry. I quickly popped on to see how she was and I can't believe it. Things seemed to be looking up too Sad

Binky free Bella xxx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 am

I am so sorry Lynn Sad
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks guys, she wasnt cold & alone in her last few days thats what mattered. Stu woke me when she started making horrible noices, he rushed to her aid but all he could do was hold her, he called louder on me when she took her last breath, shes in a little box wrapped in the cosey towel, had to sut her in the garden tho so put her in bags to keep her dry. I was going to have her cremated but its to expensive, the money is for all the pets in emergancys, so my friend is making her a little space in the front garden.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am

So sorry to hear this. Binky free little one x
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 pm

i'm so very sorry lynn Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
you all fought with her so hard Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm so sorry Lynn, binky free Bella Hugs Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Oh Lynn, I am so sorry to hear this Sad

You did absolutely everything you could for Bella and as you say, she had love, warmth and amazing care in her last few days which I'm sure she appreciated, even if she could not say it Hugs

Binky free beautiful Bella. Have fun at the bridge Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm so sorry Lynn Sad
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next