Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bertie poorly:-( Update 08.03????

+9
Thumper2001
Sparky
FluffSlave
BugsBunny
jolovesbunnies
bunny boy
Sixer
KatieB
c.bolduan
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bertie poorly:-( Update 08.03???? - Page 5 Empty Bertie is stable.

Post by c.bolduan Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Hello lovely folks!
I'm a happy hoomin. My little cat was due her vaccination and I took Bertie and Bubbles with me for another chek up.
He gained another 30 g!!!Thumbs UpVery Happy:dance:
We discussed and plan now to reduce metacam to find maintenance dose. Unless he deteriorates the vet doesn't need to see him for a while.cheers
Ohhhh, I'm off to have a extended cuddle with my boy.LoveLoveLove

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Bertie poorly:-( Update 08.03???? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bertie poorly:-( Update 08.03????

Post by The Snowman Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:10 pm

That's fantastic! Bertie seems to be happy, comfortable and doing fine just now...., long may it continue! Great News!
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Bertie poorly:-( Update 08.03???? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bertie poorly:-( Update 08.03????

Post by KatieB Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:35 pm

Thats brilliant hun...such great news. how is he in himself?
How is his eating?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:47 pm

I am so pleased the little love has gained weight, I hope he is enjoying his meals as well. Thank you for keep us up to date. Whisker rubs are on their way.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:52 pm

He seems to want to catch up with any food. I enter the warren and he will run to me begging for food.! And gets it of course.
I don't know which treatment was so effective. The antibiotics , the homeopathic imprinting, or any of four others that we used over the last fortnight. It doesn't matter really. 
It means I may be able to do the things I had booked like a training weekend in Portsmouth! Hello Katie. Without worrying about him when not here. 
OH and neighbour will be trained before I leave and hopefully he will need mess only once a day, which everyone is happy to do because he is such a star and willingly taking it all.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:14 pm

That is wonderful news Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:57 pm

Woohoo!! This is great news Very Happy

Well done, Bertie Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance cheers cheers cheers
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:11 am

Way to go little man Thumbs UpHappy DanceHappy Dance

What wonderful news

Hi Claudia
 l gave Bun some dandelion root, the little bum sniffed, nudged, then hopped away. Don't  understand, he loves the leaves. Little nut.

l really like the hair comb, it sure helps when he's shedding, which seems all the time

Will keep you posted as l try the other things Thank you soooo much

Hugs Judy
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2015-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:15 am

Love Very Happy rabbit
Bubbles will ignore the root when I give it to her, as soon as I turn my back however she will go for it. Little ******* they are.
The comb is to take underfur out and the mitten will make it very soft and collect the loose fur. 
I guess we will have to find his favourite treat. Maybe he is a crunchy bun?
Give him a nose rub from me.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:35 pm

Well done little one, I am so pleased sweets. Thumbs Up

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Bertie poorly:-( Update 08.03???? - Page 5 Empty Bertie poorly and now this?!

Post by c.bolduan Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi evrybun,
Another update and something to think about.
Bertie remains stable though a little unsteady on his legs at times. Eating, pooing and cuddling all well on this.
Last night I observed that Bubbles is attacking him. Mostly when he tries to get to the digging tray or wants to sit next to her and cuddle.NoSuspectShocked
I have seen this 3 times yesterday and found a small scab on his ear which looks like a rabbit bite to me.
Do you thing she is jealous or territorial.
What shall I do? The poor fella doesn't need to be bitten but of course I don't want to separate them.
Any suggestions?Rolling Eyes

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi Claudia 
just a thougt, saw on tv two cats well bonded, one went to the vet, came home smelling differant,  the other cat started attacking, maybe poor Bertie does due to health or meds.Sad

Been thinking of you, tons of vibes for both of you

Hugs Judy
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Thanks Judy,
Bubbles went with him to each vet appointment, so it wouldn't break the bond. I have got no idea why she turns against him.
I might phone RWAF tomorrow and see whether they have got ideas.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:05 pm

I have heard before of one bun attacking another if one i poorly... charlie did this to annie too. :-( hope he is okay hun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny boy Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:18 pm

What if Bertie smelled different bue to his meds or health issues,  

Hugs Judy
bunny boy
bunny boy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:35 pm

I have heard of that too CB love, as Katie said sometimes an animal will attack another because they know it is weaker. Not nice at all but then nature isn't very is it? Please keep us informed

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:42 pm

KatieB wrote:I have heard before of one bun attacking another if one i poorly... charlie did this to annie too. :-(  hope he is okay hun x

This is my thinking too. When Noo was first diagnosed with kidney problems Gabriel had pulled her fur out. Once she was on medication and stable he was absolutely fine with her but then he did it again just before I lost her. I have no doubt that bunnies, like other animals, will smell and sense illness in another bunny. Loads more vibes coming yours and Bertie's way xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Ok!
That's helpful to know. I agree they most likely recognise changes, think of elephant grave yards and such.
Do you think I need to interfere and if so how? 
May I need to get the puppy pen set up? 
Just had this thought of Bubbles in a nurses outfit🇳🇴Laughing

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Top up vibes winging their way over love, I hope the little love gets better soon.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:45 pm

KatieB wrote:I have heard before of one bun attacking another if one i poorly... charlie did this to annie too. :-(  hope he is okay hun x

Skye, who was the most submissive bun Ive ever had, also turned on Davie when he was poorly. He was also 2 Kg heavier than her, crazy thing. Its not uncommon, they know when something is up.

Apparently in the wild, they would kick the weaker bun out to protect the rest of the colony. Obviously, a poorly bun would be easier prey, and possibly attract predators.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:45 pm

This.

Skye, who was the most submissive bun Ive ever had, also turned on Davie when he was poorly. He was also 2 Kg heavier than her, crazy thing. Its not uncommon, they know when something is up.

Apparently in the wild, they would kick the weaker bun out to protect the rest of the colony. Obviously, a poorly bun would be easier prey, and possibly attract predators.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:56 pm

Yeah, I understand that! But does that mean their bond is broken?
I just feel sorry for Bertie the last thing he needs is to be attacked by his own kin.
Would you separate them or just observe?
I could try to bond her in with Vernon and D' Layla, though my guts is sending warning shots!
Or is the other option to take Bertie out and in my bedroom or the lounge until he goes to the bridge?
He seems bright enough, very attached as soon as I come in he will be around me trying to get body contact. He is eating like crazy seems to,try to catch up on the weight he lost.
When I spoke to the vet and mentioned the chest masses may not be cancerous but infection based he answered I don't want to dampen your spirit but often it is both.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Oh bless him. I don't think I can advise you on whether to split them up or not without having observed them. It is a very hard decision to make when they have always been so close. Does Bubbles want anything to do with Bertie at all?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Can you set up the pen so they can see each other, lie side by side with the pen mesh there to stop Bertie getting injured? I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution and do this as an infected bite is the last thing Bertie needs.
I agree with KatieB and Sophia and everyone who says this is instinctive behaviour harking back to wild conies ... preservation of the fittest.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next