Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on George and Gemma

+12
Kirsty&Lola
bunnymadhouse
KatieB
Sixer
Agoutibunny
Happy Hoppers
ElleyMay
Rosie Rabbit
pet mad
NickieM
Jay
Rhianna
16 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Update on George and Gemma - Page 9 Empty Re: Update on George and Gemma

Post by Jay Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:42 am

I'm really glad it's working out, I learnt that it's all an evolutionary process, and the buns personalities have a lot to do that! If you are worried about Gemma being bored, perhaps you could teach her some tricks? Bertie responded really well to this, and now plays with toys that he never touched before, because I include them in his training.

Not sure if you've seen this, clicky but have a look, and let me know if it appeals, and you'd like any help. The clicker is only a couple of quid, you can get it from PaH, or if you have a clicking biro that's loud, you can use that Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 am

hiya

about 5 is fine for me on sunday. And of course im happy to help with nail clipping. Im looking forward to seeing them (and you of course).

I got the cable covering from the Mr Cheap shop in Portchester. Do you want me to have a look and grab some for you? I think it was about 2.50 for 2M. It seemed to do the trick with Daiz.

See you sunday,

Katie
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:49 am

Gemma seems a bit happier now. I bought one of those covered litter trays in PAH yesterday (a bargain as it didn't have the flap bit which I would have taken off anyway as I don't want them learning how to use cat flaps) for £7.50. I've put some special hay in there and a wicker ball also full of hay. Am hoping they will do some digging.

They both go through their tube and Gemma has eaten one box and is halfway through her second. My kitchen is only tiny and so I don't have room for much in there for the buns as their crate takes up a lot of room. They spend some of their time in there, although the door is open. At night they sleep flopped out on the rug

I only have dial-up (my PC is too old for broadband) so can't watch videos sadly, Jay. I like the idea of training though. My outdoor buns go to their hutches at night when I clap my hands (because they know they get their supper probably).

Is there a book or anything I can read? 'The Dummies guide to training your bun' or something similar?

Once I cover up the one wire in the hallway George and Gemma can access that area too when I am home. It will give them room to run from one end of the house to the other. I'll put them outside again at the weekend too, maybe free range Sat afternoon when I am home to keep an eye on them. They will love that as my garden is mature with lots of shrubs for them to hide behind.

Five is fine on Sunday, Katie. And, yes, please to the wire cover stuff. I don't need a great deal as the wire only shows the width of the hallway and then goes under the door to the study (it's my PC internet connection wire). 2m should be fine but if you get 4m I can keep some in stock. Thank you so much for offering. George and Gemma will be happier when they can run in the hallway too. They are both looking forward to seeing you as am I. Hopefully, you will see the difference in George - he is much more confident now.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:23 pm

KATIE... TAKE YOUR CAMERA!!! YOU MUST TAKE PICS OF THESE BUNS AND POST THEM! I'm going out of my mind! Smile
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Will do!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks, Katie. It would be great if you could take some photos of the Terrible Two to put on the site. I've got loads on my mobile but can't put them anywhere.

George keeps lifting their water bowl and throwing it over the rug which is now drenched. They have a water bottle in their cage but never use that and I hate to think of them being thirsty while I am at work. I will have to get a more solid bowl for them.

I hope they snuggle up to each other while you are here. It looks so cute. I doubt that George has ever had a wifebun before and he really seems to love Gemma lots. Love He tolerates me picking him up now but he definitely prefers Gemma to his Bunny Mummy - unless I have some treats!!

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Haven't posted here for a while.

Katie did come and visit George and Gemma and took some lovely photos which are on the photo thread. She had a cuddle of both buns and George decided he liked her cardy so much he would eat it. He's never done that to me and I just hope it was an old woolly Embarassed

I keep forgetting I have buns in the kitchen when I go to feed the outside buns and leave the back door open. George then bounces outside and hides under the parked cars. He thinks it's a great game. There I am chasing him dressed in my pink fluffy dressing gown and red wellington boots. I must look very entertaining and live by an industrial estate so I do have an audience!!

George does eventually tire of the game and bounces back to the kitchen - but it always has to be in his time - not mine!!!

George and Gemma snuggle quite a lot now and it is lovely to see. I bought a covered litter tray without a door which was reduced to £7.50 in PAH. I've put a tunnel in the gap at the front and filled the tray with hay and both George and Gemma love digging in there. They spend ages and it seems a bit cruel as they are never going to get anywhere!

I did worry they would use it as a litter tray but they don't. They have litter as well as hay in their tray so they are obviously clever buns who can tell the difference!!

They've been in the garden a couple of times in the warm weather and seemed to enjoy it. George picks up the water dish and throws it so I need to get a bottle for the run.

The cats sometimes sit in the kitchen with George and Gemma but are usually sleeping in the beds on top of the dog crate which is the buns' base (with the door permanently open). They all seem to get on really well, although Mogling does eat their SS sometimes. Seems a weird thing for a cat to scromph - but then Mogling is my eldest cat and I think she is developing dementia as she does all sorts of odd things!

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 am

Haven't posted anything here for ages so thought I would do an update on the dynamic duo.

George and Gemma are totally loved up. They spend ages grooming each other, snuggle together and even eat food out of each others mouths (not sure I fancy that).

George has really filled out now and has grown so much in confidence. When I have visitors he will come to say 'hello' and allow them to stroke him. He will periscope for fenucreek crunchies and recognises the box I keep them in.

They do go out in the garden but if I let them free range I struggle to catch them so mostly they have to go in a run. I've put them out this morning but do worry it may be a bit too cold although I don't have any heating on at the moment so the house is pretty cold too.

They generally use their litter tray but we do have the odd 'accident'. I keep a pile of post (to be sorted 'one day') on the kitchen worktop and if the cats knock it down some of it gets chewed (one way of filing it). They are also slowly eating the rug and I need to find another one - but a cheap one!!

One of my cats, Millie, keeps sleeping in the litter tray - which may be why the accidents occur. George and Gemma are fine with the cats and they rub noses sometimes.

I think George and Gemma are happy. They flop a lot. The love their noms and are good hay eaters too.

It's great having house bunnies, although they do get fed more than my outdoor buns as when I go in the kitchen if they have an empty bowl I tend to give them something to eat. I get their weights checked every time they go to the vet and he has reassured me they are not overweight. They do bounce around the kitchen a fair bit and eat a lot of grass/dandelion leaves I pick for them.

I do worry about them being inside throughout the winter as they love the garden but I know the change in temperature won't be good for them.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Awwww - I love that they are completely and totally in love.

They struck gold going to live with you.

They will be fine in the house in the winter - there is still loads of room, and I know how Gemma loves your furnishings.... Laughing

They are so happy living with you!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down